Philadelphia, PA

jiayi

my first response was much more hostile, then realized i was yelling at an ignorant child, thus I stopped.

nothing against philly, its justs that im gonna spend my whole time there in boring meetings and that cut into my shopping time in nyc ...

you guys werent kidding...its 38 degrees there now omg, holy shit

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...also if anyone is looking for good vegan chinese in the philly area, there is a place called out in the burbs of Malvern (near West Chester) called Su Tao that has some good shit. i have a lot of non-vegan friends that even say it's good

Well in Chinatown I know of at least two vegan/kosher chinese places, Kingdom of Vegetarians and New Harmony. Both have all-you-can-eat dim sum for $12, which is a pretty deal. If you go with a larger party, more than 5 or so, they will make you some special dishes off the menu. When I went for my friend's birthday, the manager lady hooked us up with some lo mein, "ham" fried rice, sesame noodles, an extra soup... It's pretty good for fake Chinese food, even my picky Taiwan-born mom liked it.

As for not seeing Sufu people around, it's true. There are Nudies around, but that hardly counts. Alas, even on Penn's campus, where I work, reaking with money and overeager trendiness, not much going on from the rich folk

nothing against philly, its justs that im gonna spend my whole time there in boring meetings and that cut into my shopping time in nyc ...

you guys werent kidding...its 38 degrees there now omg, holy shit

A good peacoat and a pair of boots are great right now

I also just picked up a sweet wool knit cap today.

guys, I'll be in olde city (mostly at sugarmom's, national mechanics, triumph, or eulogy) tomorrow night..

anyone else going to be down there?

I might be at sugarmoms tomorrow night. I was going to national mechanics tonight but it fell through.

And for the record everyone I actually live in nj. But technically its easier for me to get there than people on the regional rails. Philly is best though, nyc really is a headache.

I might be at sugarmoms tomorrow night. I was going to national mechanics tonight but it fell through.

And for the record everyone I actually live in nj. But technically its easier for me to get there than people on the regional rails. Philly is best though, nyc really is a headache.

come push me if you see me.. you know what I look like?

• 4 months later...

Checked it out. Wasn't that bad of a selection. Have a feeling a lot of stuff will go on sale for some serious steals (this is Philly after all).

Brands I remember:

RafxRaf

RafxFred Perry

Fred Perry

Rogan

Rogues Gallery

Nice Collective

Loden Dager

Band of Outsiders

Theory

Shipley and Halmos

Rag and Bone

5th Avenue Shoe Repair

Nom de Guerre

Save Khaki

Engineered Garments

Nothing too exciting. Most of the sufu approved brands didn't have a great selection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
just went this past saturday...Chink's Steaks is def the best cheesesteak I've ever had. I also tried Jim's, it was pretty good but their assembly line cheesesteaks cant top the made to order ones at Chinks. The only cons was that both places had no fries or sides.

i'd agree here. So far out of the way for me though. chink's has better bread iirc