blue blood question

denim_happy

yeah i bought them online. they were advertised as "slim cut"...they were wrong, hah. and about the tailor idea...there isn't really any tailor i'd trust to do that. so shrinking is probably my best bet.

how long should the soak be? and can i just hang dry to avoid losing too much colour? but then they would probably not shrink as much huh

i dont think your jeans is going to shrink any more, all the denim i think it comes with a simple rinse from the factory and there for the jeans already shrunk thru the process... and even if i'm wrong on the first rinse..any denim they ( from any company) sell to the market now a day wont have more than 1-4% of shrinkage on jeans that is 1-4% on grain and warp yarn...so it wont shrink that much to tell u the truth.

alot of people tends to think soak in hot water or wash it with hot water will shrink alot, that is not entirely true. and again soon as you start wearing them they will get loose again.

so your best bet is to sell it and and get another pair...

Quote:

yeah i bought them online. they were advertised as "slim cut"...they were wrong, hah. and about the tailor idea...there isn't really any tailor i'd trust to do that. so shrinking is probably my best bet.

how long should the soak be? and can i just hang dry to avoid losing too much colour? but then they would probably not shrink as much huh

--- Original message by denim_happy on Sep 21, 2005 09:36 PM

the color would be lost by the soaking.. not by the drying.

I'm hating on blueblood because all that they are doing is cashing in on the denim craze. there's no reason a pair of jeans made in china should be over $200. they aren't doing anything original in terms of their aesthetic that has already been done by rogan, and then rag and bone. They are succeeding in saturating the high end denim market.

Edited by giantreptile on Sep 23, 2005 at 08:15 AM

• 2 weeks later...

denim_happy

--

posted: Sep 22, 2005 03:20 PM msg. 11 of 16

this is incredibly dishearting...sigh...

the jeans are actually really REALLY nice...so i don't know what's up with all the hate. a japanese friend of mine got them for me online...some japanese site i think.

got them for about 200us. how much do they retail for? like 250us?

6MT

-semibored-

!@#$%

Aren't Tsubi Jeans also made in China and their cost is +$300.00??

D

Blue Spirit.

Quote:

Where'd you buy Blue Blood online?

--- Original message by Marcus on Sep 22, 2005 07:57 AM

You can get BlueBlood online at xileclothing.com

I'm looking at the dry goods myself..i have a pair of their regular jeans and i love them...not sure why there's so much hate for them...maybe it's marketing/packaging or not, but their attention to detail is great..

as for the made in china comment, see the other post about how to know quality...

and oh, if anyone has a pair of dry goods for sale (32), holla at me!

Quote: HELLO! obviously they are around to market... theyre part of the blue cult group.

Yeah but IMHO - and with no hate at all - Blue Blood is OVER branded somehow, but that works both ways and the trouble is that with all the detail and the packaging and the finishes being so obvious even with the dry goods, they don't give you space to make your own mark on them which is why I don't feel for one minute they'll be a brand that holds the people they profess to be aimed at's attention for very long at all. Beyond the difference in price, you only have to look at how popular APC denim is to know what I'm saying.

• 2 months later...

yeah, i too think BlueBlood is over-branded. too many design elements that in the end lead to a very manufactured look.

regardless, they have some decent washes, similiar to G-Star, but besides that i'd spend my 200 or 300 dollars or a pair of Rag & Bones.

-k

Quote: I also bought a pair of Blue Blood Dry goods that turned out too big. The ticket inside said that they would shrink by 5% so I rinsed them on 60 degree. They didn't seem to shrink at all. Was contemplating rinsing them at 90 degree, anyone know if this is a bad idea?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you have a washer that goes to 90 degrees?

nairb49

Quote:
Quote:

HELLO! obviously they are around to market... theyre part of the blue cult group.

--- Original message by adsurgo on Sep 23, 2005 01:01 PM

you sure? I don't think that is correct, Blue Blood and Avelon are owned by Moshi Moshi.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 6, 2005 10:39 AM

im pretty sure. i remember reading it in some article.

• 2 weeks later...