garbstore

linkejeuk

Does anyone know this brand called Garbstore?

I like some floral shirts they have (floral prints are my weak spot), and some chinos, but I think they are really expensive for a workwear and military inspired brand like this. Also I think they ruin a lot of items by adding to much details, they could be a bit more traditional. But they seem to have some potential.

they also sell this brand mountain research that seems ok, but I have never heard of it.

So, does anybody have any reasons why this could be worth the price? Or know something about the quality?

I think the guy behind it was one of the founders of One True Saxon, a British casual/streetwear label that used to be much-favoured by football fans in the north of England. Think this stuff is designed to be a little more refined; I think he has a shop in Notting Hill. I've not seen any of the stuff in person, but I've been told that it's well put-together. Agree about the details though...

He's also selling Steven Alan shirts, which are well cut and nicely made... but at UK prices, which means a 50% premium on the US price.

• 3 weeks later...

They had their opening party last night, very impressive party for a very impressive shop. That Mountain Research product is wonderful along with Pointer, Terrem, Gauntlet, Steven Alan and Garbstore. The detailing on the Garbstore stuff is stunning, tri-hole buttons, tallon zips, all Japanese fabrics.

sign.jpg

from-stair.jpg

from-lift.jpg

• 6 months later...

unfortunately not, but I will say in reference to the OP that the Garbstore own brand stuff is very nice in the flesh. The quality doesn't come over on the website, hence why it can seem overpriced.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i have seen some of the stuff in person and as others have said, the quality is really good. Wasn't very keen on the One True Saxon stuff and i think that brand has gone quite downhill, Garbstore looks very nice though. One of only a handful of british brands doing this kind of stuff at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...