Wine Enthusiasts

Guest StuckOnStupid

Guest StuckOnStupid

I am drinking some wine, and I like the wine. The wine did not cost very much money, but since I discovered it one year ago, it has been pretty much the BEST wine you can get for under $30 to 40 bucks a bottle. It is called "Mezzomondo Negroamaro Rosso Salento 2005".

The wine is very dark red...almost black in the glass.

Sweet, spicy, vanilla nose.

The wine is quite smooth, spicy, good cherry and raspberry fruit, tangy acidity, light vanilla.

The downside is that it can be a little headache-y, the tannins are out of control I guess. But who gives a shit about tommorow?

The best part is that this wine is $8.45 canadian. This is a fucking steal. A friend who owns a restaurant had us for Xmas dinner and i was surprised to see he had a few bottles out, hes got a serious wine cellar at his joint, and we agreed that this shit is perfect with food.

Please tell me other cheap wines that you like that I can drink!

I am drinking some wine, and I like the wine. The wine did not cost very much money, but since I discovered it one year ago, it has been pretty much the BEST wine you can get for under $30 to 40 bucks a bottle. It is called "Mezzomondo Negroamaro Rosso Salento 2005".

The wine is very dark red...almost black in the glass.

Sweet, spicy, vanilla nose.

The wine is quite smooth, spicy, good cherry and raspberry fruit, tangy acidity, light vanilla.

The downside is that it can be a little headache-y, the tannins are out of control I guess. But who gives a shit about tommorow?

The best part is that this wine is $8.45 canadian. This is a fucking steal. A friend who owns a restaurant had us for Xmas dinner and i was surprised to see he had a few bottles out, hes got a serious wine cellar at his joint, and we agreed that this shit is perfect with food.

Please tell me other cheap wines that you like that I can drink!

The tannins have nothing to do with headaches its the sulfite's.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

i fucking love that he's spitting 90pt wines into a jets garbage can.

but for the life of me, i dont know why i loved that show so much.

SoS, wyndham estates makes a really nice merlot for 15 bones at the lickbo

I wish if sufu had ongoing permanent threads about certain consumer goods and products. I understand there are gazillion forums/boards out there devpted specifically for many of the prodcuts but it may be nice to share info with the community like SOS has done with this particular bottle.

Wine would be a good one, wish someone would do one on scotch as I am getting into it - I've gone on Whiskey Mag's forum to accumulate some knowledge. Electronics (perhaps devided into smaller categories)...

Generally I look for the words 'Australian/Californian/South African' and 'Cabernet/Shiraz'. Cheap European wine tastes like grape flavoured sugar water to my palette. The 2005 Jacob's Creek I had last night was rather nice, though it was absolutely out of control on the headache scale.

Generally I look for the words 'Australian/Californian/South African' and 'Cabernet/Shiraz'. Cheap European wine tastes like grape flavoured sugar water to my palette. The 2005 Jacob's Creek I had last night was rather nice, though it was absolutely out of control on the headache scale.

The Australians have been consistantly putting out good quality, fairly priced products in recent years, now if even the children of outlaws and prisoners can do it, where are we headed :P

I wish if sufu had ongoing permanent threads about certain consumer goods and products. I understand there are gazillion forums/boards out there devpted specifically for many of the prodcuts but it may be nice to share info with the community like SOS has done with this particular bottle.

Wine would be a good one, wish someone would do one on scotch as I am getting into it - I've gone on Whiskey Mag's forum to accumulate some knowledge. Electronics (perhaps devided into smaller categories)...

what region of scotland are you interested in? if islay, caol ila is the bomb - look for the independent bottlings if you can, adelphi has an insane one out now that's well worth looking for. but really the world of scotch (and wine) is a pretty heavy one and probably beyond the scope of what sufu can provide...

im usually a cab drinker but this summer ive been searching for a go-to white

ive found it in 2006's chateau ste. michelle riesling

light, clean, delicious

and at around ten dollars a bottle you cant go wrong

also while many australian wines are a bit fruity for my tastes

the folks at black swan make a solid cab (big for a budget wine) and a great chardonnay

they are also doing a rebate offer through june for thirty dollars off a case

usually retailing at five to seven dollars a bottle, the rebate makes for very tasty wines to be had at a steal