Laser Etched MacBook Pros

w_y

They have a write-up about the Japanese painting on their blog: Hokusai’s The Great Wave off Kanagawa, is one of the most famous wood-block prints in the world. Created in the 1800’s, it shows a huge wave threating Japanese boats.

I think there are several reproductions, and not one original.

This iPod nano with the wave looks hot: Laser Etched Ipod of the Day: The Great Wave

yeah gg, thats the word. my friend whose a big machead said to wait on any sort of upgrades dealing with mac.

laser etching been around for awhile.. kids who have access to laser etcher in school were doing it before it got commercialized. etching on a bunch of shit, computer cases, macbooks, ipods, anything with an etchable surface.

what i dont understand is why mac wasnt like hey just email us a jpg of this and that and you can customize your macbook for an extra 50 - 100 bucks or something. you'd think they would be ahead of the curve for this sort of shit.

Damn, really? Well thanks guys for the tip. I'll definitely wait to pick one up....shit, I was ready to go buy one of the new macbooks in the next week or two.

I doubt there will be anything out before June. If you need one now go for it, just get a macbook pro not a regular macbook.

That's such a long time for a powerbook; you should be happy how long it's lasted!

I've had my MacBook Pro for almost exactly 2 years, if these new babies come out in June, I'm going to upgrade — I hate the heating issues I've had...