High End Chinos

ILLuminate

Anyone know where to find the YMC cropped chinos in khaki or navy that Gargyle Shop was carrying? They're out of my size but i was curious about finding them. I tried searching a bunch but couldn't find any other stockists of those pants.

There are a couple of really nice options at the high-end.

The Garbstore selvedge STF: http://garbstore.com/product/?productID=1037&imgVarID=1069

I've also seen some Gauntlet (Made by Full Count) Chinos in pre and post war colours, the price is about the same, they're also shrink to fit.

Found some pics...

_mg_0271.jpg

my favorite Chinos/Khakis are made by Gap. Although I may soon indulge in a pair of Yohji Yamamoto cargo khakis when I hit up Japan at the end of this week. Also have a pair of nice Lanvin washed cotton trousers that are part of a suit but also separates itself nicely as a khaki pant.

I wore my UVC's today and wondered why I don't wear them more often. I'm probably going to hit up Uniqlo this weekend and fight the tim hamilton madness so i'll see if they have more colors, because i'd love to add the chino more often to the rotation

DressCodes only has 2 size 30's and 2 size 32's left is the Crate Chino.

also helpful to note, is that most people size up, one size on these. I usually wear a size 32, and being a good fit in the waist, they were a bit tight in the thighs - so for a more relaxed fit, i sized to a 33.

yeah i can vouch for this statement

size up. these are snug.

I'm pretty sure crate is coming out with a straight leg or slightly tapered chino soon. I think the Secret Service store in LA are in cahoots with Crate on that project. They've been talking to styleforum about it for awhile. 5ep was supposed to work with styleforum for a chino as well but i don't know what happened to that plan.

Are the crates stiff and/or really heavy?

I have been looking for truly slim chinos for months and have had no luck. I stumbled into a Ben Sherman store for the first time this weekend and surprisingly enough, found a great pair. Quality seems good and the fit is much better looking/slimmer in person.......

http://www.benshermanusa.com/nshop/product.php?view=detail&productid=BE-DM165YW&startColor=&groupName=MensBottoms&dept=mens

Then again, they aren't 'high end'................

Just got my Nonnative chinos today, these here:

http://www.anoutcommunemeta.com/nonnative96.html

Super nice details, solid construction and materials (brass Waldes zipper) and perfect fit. Might have to retire my UVCs for a minute.

I'll probably post some pics and fit in the Nonnative thread or something later.

Tell me more....What color you get?

Tell me more....What color you get?

Got the beige. Think I really lucked out finding them on yahoo.jp. The fit is pretty modern, slimmer and more tapered than the UVC, with a long crotch (I say that instead of 'high rise' because that's what it is for me) but with classic chino detailing. They are 100% cotton, similar weight to the UVCs, but more supple.

They really are amazing, unlike anything I've seen, yet somehow exactly what I wanted.