High End Chinos

ILLuminate

I tried the Oni Killer Chinos on today in size 28. I could button and zip no problem but they're tighter than I'd like. If they stretch, an inch or so, I would love em. Does anyone know if they stretch?

The girl at BiG said they would stretch, but just need a second opinion... As far as I know though, Chinos don't stretch?

I've got a pair of the ones sold at Barneys for 125..

The fabric is nice but the fit is definately more relaxed than a classic fit chino from JCrew

I also just ordered a pair of those JCrew premium officers chino.. the fit looked good on the website but im not so sure yet. They were free tho, I had a gift card :)

Be aware the officer's chinos are vanity sized - I ordered a pair of 30's and they were more like 32's :mad:

I would def' say that J. Crew has the best selection of decently priced, quality chinos. My fav's however are Mason's and Bills. Also for those wondering, chinos can shrink if they aren't pre-washed. Like most things nowadays, they are all typically pre-washed. Chinos do stretch some as well (not quite as much as denim), so getting your true waist should allow for a comfortable fit. Plus, the great thing about chinos is that they are made to be altered-- get your tailor to taper a pair of straight legs for a slimmer fit! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Crosspost from superdenim small questions...

Anyone have any experience with the Buzz Rickson chinos? Looking specifically at the Original Spec Chinos. Sizing advice, general comments, fit pics would be appreciated.

don't have personal experience but was also interested in these. did a google search and came up with a bunch of results. if i'm not mistaken, they're high waist, baggy, and have large leg openings. kinda lost interest after that but the material is supposed to be outstanding (may still go check them out at Faith in Taipei). here's a thread with review:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-60331.html

• 3 weeks later...
Be aware the officer's chinos are vanity sized - I ordered a pair of 30's and they were more like 32's :mad:

Can we get some fit pics of the officer chinos? I was thinking about getting them but the smallest size is 30 and now that you've said that...

• 8 months later...

I ended up getting the Our Legacy ones in a size 44 (XS). The fit is just what I was after; neither overly high nor low waist, slim but not skinny with a slight taper below the knee. For those interested here are the measurements:

Waist: 15.25"

Thigh: 10.75"

Knee: 8.375"

Hem: 7.375"

I ended up needing something other than khaki because they're for a wedding. I very reluctantly went to H&M and tried a couple of theirs. To my surprise, the fit is actually really good for a clean slim fitting chino. At only $40, they might not be considered high end, but I definitely think they're worth checking out. I'll post fit pics if anyone's interested.

I'm sure they've been mentioned, but Michael J. Krell makes some nice slim and skinny chinos. He's currently out of stock, but should have new ones in soon.

andrewfuncrew, what's the shirt? I really like it (and your whole fit, for that matter).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...