High End Chinos

ILLuminate

Shipley & Halmos @ barneys Co-op

Belmont Trouser

$195.00

Cotton 1/4 top slim leg trouser with suspender buttons at waistband. Button fly. Front slash pockets and rear welt pockets. 10" rise. 32.5" inseam. 16" leg opening. Available in Birch Khaki. Imported. Cotton. Machine wash.

second these....very nice fit, nice feel and nice details (leather patch, button fly, suspender buttons)

but definitely overpriced at $195...with that said, i'm still considering them since there's nothing better out there afaik

Got the beige. Think I really lucked out finding them on yahoo.jp. The fit is pretty modern, slimmer and more tapered than the UVC, with a long crotch (I say that instead of 'high rise' because that's what it is for me) but with classic chino detailing. They are 100% cotton, similar weight to the UVCs, but more supple.

They really are amazing, unlike anything I've seen, yet somehow exactly what I wanted.

Those do look perfect. You got those from a yahoo.jp vendor or auction?

The new Helmut Lang has a few khaki colored styles in interesting, slim fits, but all seem overpriced at $360.

I've also coveted these Toys McCoys Steve McQueen chinos for months, but can't decide on sizing, nor discern if they're shrink to fit (can anyone else?), so am reluctant to pull the trigger (to the tune of $220) without first trying them on. I'm hoping Toys McCoys will still stock them if/when I go to Tokyo in November but I don't think I'll be able to wait:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/h-pickup/957174/957176/856402/#784352

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^Our Legacy? I think they might be sold out on tres bien though. If you knew where else to buy Our Legacy stuff, i'm all ears.

Guest umhaha84

I just picked up a pair from Opening Ceremony, forgot where it was from

very slim fitting i think it was $255 check it out if you can!

^^Our Legacy? I think they might be sold out on tres bien though. If you knew where else to buy Our Legacy stuff, i'm all ears.

They aren't sold out. I've bought the navy pair and the khaki pair, I like both, but the khaki pair isn't the color I expected. I thought they would be lighter. But they are very comfortable, and I love the way they fit. Also the SA's at Tres Bien are really nice and respond quickly to email if you have any questions.

how about any that are ....

not "slim"/nut crushing style ... (this is vital)

but slightly loose enough to be comfy while being "slim" enough to be as if they were designed to be worn on legs ...

rather than the standard - sack with some stitches and 2 holes

(gap, banana republic, i'm looking at u...!)

i've tried "going back" to chinos but every time i try a pair on im just like "...wtf is this a joke?", but im not laughing

has anyone tried james perse pants? their shirts have been good to me but the pants look same (excessive) level of bagginess as gap...

• 2 weeks later...
holy fuck 255 dollar chino i bought at opening ceremony lasted me 3 wear and it ripped

wtf

lol. I just bought some opening ceremony trousers (paper-like linen and stretchy) on sale, same pants? I've heard OC's house brand construction leaves much to be desired :(

Yea, fucking OC and Oak charge more than half the brands they carry and it doesn't seem any better than uniqlo/h&m.

Fuckin Tres Bien out of my size in navy and grey chinos. Still not sure if i should go with medium or small though.

Guest umhaha84

well, mine wasn't stretchy,,I'm gonna try to get it fixed at local alteration shop,,,I don't feel like dropping another 200+ on trousers right now.....

slim chinos as in "repo man", "mad max", and "the great gatsby" slim?

Slightly slimmer than this:

THE%20GREAT%20GATSBY.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest umhaha84

LOL I fixed my trouser from local tailorshop,

Today I washed it in a machine by itself inside out, but guess what It's Stained from it's own button ( button is leather dyed in black),

I am so fucking mad I'm writing email to opening ceremony for about this.

I can't believe I paid almost 300 for this pant.

anyone know how are the "save khakis"?

I've got a pair of the ones sold at Barneys for 125..

The fabric is nice but the fit is definately more relaxed than a classic fit chino from JCrew

I also just ordered a pair of those JCrew premium officers chino.. the fit looked good on the website but im not so sure yet. They were free tho, I had a gift card :)

Guest panicinapagoda
i wanna get the acne pop chinos, where can i get the small sizes at! :(

get the female gin model in a 25/26 waist. they run weird huge supposedly.

i would but they are pricey.

I've got a pair of the ones sold at Barneys for 125..

The fabric is nice but the fit is definately more relaxed than a classic fit chino from JCrew

I also just ordered a pair of those JCrew premium officers chino.. the fit looked good on the website but im not so sure yet. They were free tho, I had a gift card :)

i saw the officers chino in store, was gonna try it on, but them retards didnt turn on the AC during the heatwave last weekend...