Wtaps S/S 08

Sayword

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last few seasons have been preppy based. I hate that. Preppys suck. How the fuck can WTAPS base their line on preppy fashion when a few years before they did a JFA (You`re a Preppy, Pre-ppy, you`re so fucking lame, you all look the same) line??

i'm sure you're well aware of this but the semantics of preppy fashion are barely legible to your average american kid today, much less the massive culture gap between the us and japan - it's sort of what gives it the potential to be cool in the first place.

SO MANY CRYBABIES ON THIS THREAD.

"boo hoo. w)taps is too preppy now. not military enough. too many details."

STFU & GO TO AN ARMY NAVY STORE.

Last I checked Tet has no reason to care what YOUR vision for HIS brand is.

Seems like the product is selling fine without all your input.

(All that said though, you won't get me into Ugg boots in a million years. Even if Tet sorta pulls them off. Sorta.)

• 5 weeks later...

Union NY just got their first shipment today as well. It consisted of...

Shirts

Button downs- Solid colors with rise above embroidery on chest pocket. Black military shirt labelled "Fidel Shirt" with zippers, Utopia/Dystopia patches over chest pockets. Distressed work shirt, striped with patches. All of these were in the 250~'ish range.

Goretex jacket, the one with the tiger stripes on the arm. Really sick with some great detailing as to be expected. Didn't get the price, but I'd assume anywhere from 700+

Also the long sleeve BDU shirt; one with the Extreme Prejudice embroidery on the back. Detailing is really nice, and it's heavy enough to be worn as a light jacket, but at 530 dollars theres really no way I could justify it.

That's all I remember, didn't really check if they got any new accessories.

Dude didn't seem too sure about what else they were getting beyond more T's.

yea i saw the goods at darkside initiative recently when i was there. the jackets and bags were definitely the highlights, i only got that gray beanie but its pretty nice. I wasnt too impressed with the hoodies and T's, definitely the jackets were pretty ill - not even that bad on pricing either