A.P.C Summer 08

yasuda

i bought the plaid shirt, bermuda shorts, and apricot/gray polo. hope they fit. some other stuff like the pants and jackets look decent but i'll have to see them first hand in the store. from my experience apc always looks better in the store than online. it might be their styling and angles. don't know

wow, i think a lot of you are missing the point of a.p.c. it's sorta the anti diesel etc, which is worth commending. for those of you who haven't looked over this interview it's on the apc jean thread

http://www.refinery29.com/archives/editorial-features/000211.php

every time apc comes out with their new season the whole thing seems knocked, they're selling ideas. like all fashion, like honestly, if you really think of it, fashion is like art.

edit: Fixed link

link dead ^

though I agree APC styling and especially the website is getting worse each season, and prices may be increasing slightly (though not much in comparison to similar brands e.g. ndg), imo quality and FIT have not suffered (even despite some production being moved overseas). most pieces are wearable for years, and I never seem to regret an APC purchase.

APC might look boring especially in comparison to a lot of the avant brands but I don't think there's anything wrong with quiet clothes. it makes for a canvas that shows off more subtle creativity and well, the individuality of the person wearing the clothes.

I kind of think that's the problem with online fashion forum that spends all the time parsing through lookbooks and runway photos and staged "waywt" photos and not actually getting outside to see how shits worn.

Now the crap I hate is stuff like this vans collab (I pretty much hate it when any brand does this). Beasters bend over for that shit. If you like the look just buy the original vans for fucks sake and give the rest to charity or something; APC licensing its label is so counter to what I imagined to be their brand philosophy from the start. Similar story with the nikes they did in the past, or with BoO x Sperry, etc....

anyway bumping this q:

hey does anyone know where to find photos of previous APC collections??

you're right Keys, some of these collaborations and things are ridiculous, especially with the shoes. they are fashion though, and fashion has a price...

oh well, i like the styling, i wish it went back to grassroots a bit more like most brands are doing now (including mega's like levis), and even though they are a little, with the 40's inspired denim jump suits and military styled clothing (even that new model looks like a soldier), that's not a reality. you kinda gotta dig through their stuff and find the gold. if you mixed around some of the stylings, the summer collection would look really good. i mean, who the fuck came up with the idea of cargo shorts, boots, and a cardigan or whatever that is? honestly...

nothing worth paying retail for.. the shorts are a little to short for me. but i like the coat

if you're talking about the grey (and brown) bermuda shorts, they're just short in the style photo because they're rolled. they don't come like that, they fall just above the knee. i just got a medium and a large via mailorder because i wasn't sure about apc sizing. they're the perfect length, the mediums fit me just right , not too slim, not too homeboy. the material is decent, too, medium weight. for the record i wear a 29 in new standard raw.