gimmegimme

Samurai Jeans

23 minutes ago, Potsnu said:

Which cut in Samurai would have the smallest leg opening? is 710 the slimmest option out there?

I used to be a 30" waist and now I'm about a 32". The challenge I'm having is that I need about a 30" inseam, and once I reduce the inseam I'm losing a lot of taper.

S711 is their slimmest cut in the thighs and some taper below the knee. S511 is next slimmest I think, and has larger thigh than the S711 and more taper below the knee and smaller hem without being too aggressive. Both have slimmer knee and hem than the S710. Check OD's website to compare measurements of different models, but keep in mind they have a reputation for not having the most accurate measurements. There's always variances between one pair and the next, one lot to the next, as well as method discrepancies. I've found their measurements are within 0.25 +/- of my own. 

On 1/9/2019 at 9:04 PM, mpukas said:

S711 is their slimmest cut in the thighs and some taper below the knee. S511 is next slimmest I think, and has larger thigh than the S711 and more taper below the knee and smaller hem without being too aggressive. Both have slimmer knee and hem than the S710. Check OD's website to compare measurements of different models, but keep in mind they have a reputation for not having the most accurate measurements. There's always variances between one pair and the next, one lot to the next, as well as method discrepancies. I've found their measurements are within 0.25 +/- of my own. 

Thanks for the input and tips!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By indigoingbroke
      https://imgur.com/a/8D3TwXW
      I picked these up from 2nd a few days ago. They have two days of wear. These make me happy.
    • By Libra
      Levi´s® Vintage Clothing 1947 501XX Jeans Rigid W36L38 RAW (2007 year)    NWT
      Style: 1947 501XX Jeans Rigid
      Color: Indigo
      Material: 100% Cotton
      Fit: Classic slim fit - straight Leg
      12.5oz Cone Mills Red Selvage Denim (14oz after washing)
      Shrink-to-fit
      "E" Red Tab
      Two horse leather patch
      Double needle stitched Arcuate
      Watch pocket rivets returned after the war
      No crotch rivet
      Two backpockets with covered rivets
      Made in the USA

Waist: 36,22
      Front rise: 12,79
      Back rise: 16,14
      Thigh width: 12,59
      Knee: 9,64
      Inseam: 38,77
      Hem : 9,05
      1000 Euro  +  Pay Pal Fee

• By dada mafiosi
      Hi
      I need to have your opinion which Jeans is better than the other S0500xx or s5000vx
      - Fades
      - Fit
      - Look & Feel 
      - Zero denim vs XX denim of Samurai 
      - S0500xx arcs arcs of light green dull thread vs S5000vx arcs are made of yellow bright thread
      - S0500xx buttons are made of copper vs S5000vx buttons are steel
      Please also share your pre-shrunk and post shrunk measurement especially for size 34 or 35
      Also, how do you compare these models with Fullcount 1108 or 1101 
      Thanks in advance

• By slowdownarthur
      View Advert Studio D'Artisan d-01
      Studio D'Artisan D-01.
      Beautiful denim, original 80's classic.
      £120 plus postage.

They've not had a lot of wear (and that has been from couch to bar and back).
      Have to sell; they're getting very little wear as they no longer fit!
      W34 (almost a W33"), inside leg hemmed to 32 (chain stitched by The Clerk, Dept of Works on a Union Special)
      Please get in touch if you have any questions.

Advertiser slowdownarthur Date 02/20/2018 Price $167.00 Category denim  
    • By slowdownarthur
      Studio D'Artisan D-01.
      Beautiful denim, original 80's classic.
      £120 plus postage.

They've not had a lot of wear (and that has been from couch to bar and back).
      Have to sell; they're getting very little wear as they no longer fit!
      W34 (almost a W33"), inside leg hemmed to 32 (chain stitched by The Clerk, Dept of Works on a Union Special)
      Please get in touch if you have any questions.