Jump to content
gimmegimme

Samurai Jeans

Recommended Posts

On 10.1.2018 at 4:38 AM, Tangem2 said:

Couple pics of my new Samurai S3000VX 24oz SGII pre soak.

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

I bought the same model, but unfortunately number too big. Very nice jeans! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@knucks those would look like they were pretty much made for you if the thighs were just a touch bigger. Did you put them through the washing machine or just a tub soak?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevypf597 said:

@knucks those would look like they were pretty much made for you if the thighs were just a touch bigger. Did you put them through the washing machine or just a tub soak?

I bought them second hand and was told soaked. I want to keep them..the thighs actually don't feel tight, they feel more 'just right'. The waist is a bit big.

I can't decide if I should order the same in the S710XXBK because I want a black pair, but all I can find is same size (W33)..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 10:38 PM, Tangem2 said:

Couple pics of my new Samurai S3000VX 24oz SGII pre soak.

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

Lets see fit pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, knucks said:

Lets see fit pics!

Here are a couple of fit pics after a soak and a week of wear.

IMG_1219.thumb.JPG.54a708e9ace348a2627612a2ba2f71bb.JPGIMG_1199.thumb.JPG.f906955c247ca3b70ee7dfa235763085.JPGIMG_1233.thumb.JPG.d18ef5eb3e2b9d43721c0c54f9a2e6ef.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also just picked up a pair of S710XX - 2ND - 20th anniversary in size 33. Soaking them now but here are a couple of pics pre-soak along with detailed pics.

IMG_1139.jpg.ae35240d98b331a1d53f710a974bd82b.jpgIMG_1132.jpg.3beaa6dcb01097fa12f0968d4859a9e7.jpgIMG_1133.jpg.2d9592b3264fd99f60353e5a65de1524.jpgIMG_1141.jpg.7462ff213f4de70f12bfd894dff5e483.jpgIMG_1140.jpg.4de6047d6518201d058a59b611962ad7.jpgIMG_1242.jpg.b270cc8a014b736e1ade97b459241331.jpgIMG_1243.jpg.c0744b9a7419eeca4fe8fb66203612d7.jpgIMG_1244.jpg.f9df7a4d1f70811429d49e804ca1ca47.jpg

Edited by Tangem2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great updates Tangem2!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

can someone give me some more info about Samurai S511xx does not matter 15,16,17,19 oz because of measurement, silhouette etc. My big one is 34 at normal jeans. Which big should I buy 34 or 35?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still looking to sell S710 24oz I did a hot soak again.

PM me, thanks.

I have a S710BK coming tomorrow, don't think I need two pairs of 710...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 1:43 PM, Tangem2 said:

Also just picked up a pair of S710XX - 2ND - 20th anniversary in size 33. Soaking them now but here are a couple of pics pre-soak along with detailed pics.

@Tangem2 - any updates on these? Fit pic, measurements? Nice pair! mpp

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 1:32 PM, Jambol said:

Hello,

can someone give me some more info about Samurai S511xx does not matter 15,16,17,19 oz because of measurement, silhouette etc. My big one is 34 at normal jeans. Which big should I buy 34 or 35?

@Jambol I'm also still trying to find info, fit pics, measurements, etc. about the S511, and variety... thnx mpp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any got sizing info on the s526xx 20th anniversary model recently shown in the denimo emails.  Thanks 

 

https://www.denimio.com/s526xx-20th-19oz-20th-anniversary-limited-model-slim-straight.html?utm_source=remarkety&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Pre-Order+Samurai+20th+Anniversary+01.24.2018_1&_rmId=7wpW6eAD2pTWRLeOBVNbIpPbJLLKM

Edited by kbuzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of 20th Anniversary jeans from Samurai. Here is an interesting pair pre-order from Okayama Denim. S000SJC 20th Anniversary "Homemade" jeans in slim straight. The cotton was grown on a plot of land outside Osaka owned by Samurai. Pricey but a cool idea.

https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/pre-order-samurai-jeans-s000sjc-20th-anniversary-homemade-cotton-selvedge-jeans?utm_source=Okayama+Denim+Newsletter&utm_campaign=3fda3e492c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_25&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5c77529e32-3fda3e492c-430876069&mc_cid=3fda3e492c&mc_eid=e7938c07c1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had not seen the Okayama Denim description until now, but I don’t think it’s accurate.

Trying to read the spring-summer collection PDF these last few days, I had several doubts about some models, so I asked Denimio.

Mostly thanks to their answer, here is what I know:

There are no 2018 models that are fully made with organic cotton – nonetheless, I hope there’ll be something in the autumn-winter collection.  

The S000SJC model has its weft made from the Japanese Samurai organic cotton.
The warp is made from superior pima cotton, and apparently, it’s not an organic one – although it exists.
Also, no “aizome”, dyeing was made with standard synthetic indigo.

The two heavy weight “OG” models (S510OG25oz-20th & S511OG25oz-20th) are not made with organic cotton at all.
As for 2018, “OG” doesn’t stand for “organic” anymore – I always thought it was before.

In retrospect, I understand that the 2017 S003SJC model has the same difference between warp and weft.

Denimio also told me they’re selling a last year model I wasn’t aware of: the S710SJC19oz-AI – 2nd has it too.
It’s made with the Japanese Samurai organic cotton – but again I’m not sure it’s 100%, warp and weft now... –, but thanks to its price tag of  ¥107,999, it’s a “aizome” one (hand dyed with natural indigo).

Edited by Susumu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your due diligence, this was a listing error on our end that we have since edited. After discussing with the Samurai brand and learning more information about the S000SJC jeans that was not listed on the original Spring/Summer PDF from the brand, this is the best description we can provide about the denim:

The Weft is made from Samurai's Organic Cotton, a project of growing their own Japanese organic cotton which started in 2012 (In Japanese, but you can read into it on Samurai's website). The Warp uses the same cotton yarn used for the construction of Samurai's "Yamato" series, including the S001JP and S003JP, a long-staple cotton known for it's softer texture. While Samurai declined to comment on the country origin of the Warp yarn, other examples of some long-staple cotton include Zimbabwe cotton. Our apologies for the listing error, but hope this clears up some confusion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, there is one more thing. I think you inverted “weft” (3 times) and “warp” (3 times) on your site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks pretty much like the 25oz denim they used for the 15th anniversary first and was used on other models ever since.
If it is the same 25oz denim, then it will be darker than the 24oz version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds along the lines of SDA using Supima/Giza cotton with the D1728 and Supima/Suvin with the D1755. Thanks for the clarification guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the look of the 16oz denim (of the 20th anniversary pairs), but it's in the 710 cut. I have the 710BKB, and was not really happy with the look of the fit on me. Although i'm quite keen to give it another go.  Also that it was black denim (Black denim seems to just look better tapere & leg hugging).

If it was 511 cut like the 25oz pair, I would go for it no problem. hmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

710s after the first wash. Little over 2 years and a couple soaks in between.

39924693582_7df5030e51_z_d.jpg

39246392644_8015469e57_z_d.jpg

39924691262_38cd12b268_z_d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2018 at 9:24 AM, Niro said:

I like the look of the 16oz denim (of the 20th anniversary pairs), but it's in the 710 cut. I have the 710BKB, and was not really happy with the look of the fit on me. Although i'm quite keen to give it another go.  Also that it was black denim (Black denim seems to just look better tapere & leg hugging).

If it was 511 cut like the 25oz pair, I would go for it no problem. hmmm.

I like the look of it too, but I'm curious about how dark it is - is it a really dark indigo or black?  The description on Okayama doesn't say.  What did you not like about the fit of your other 710's?  I've never had a pair of Samurai's and am thinking this 20th anniversary 16oz 710 may be my first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 3:14 PM, mpukas said:

@Tangem2 - any updates on these? Fit pic, measurements? Nice pair! mpp

Here are a couple fit pics.

S710XX - 2ND - 20th anniversary in size 33.

 

IMG_1297.JPG.fae8b7b12d6396e14fba83defda43dd4.JPGIMG_1318.JPG.fc8c0b73f7509f27e22b92fd6026e2b2.JPGIMG_1306.JPG.aa083243b1b696bee89b263238ba8771.JPG

 

Edited by Tangem2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Goosyphus said:

I like the look of it too, but I'm curious about how dark it is - is it a really dark indigo or black?  The description on Okayama doesn't say.  What did you not like about the fit of your other 710's?  I've never had a pair of Samurai's and am thinking this 20th anniversary 16oz 710 may be my first.

Yea looking at it several times I also had a thought that this could maybe be black. 

Fit in the legs just felt a bit sloppy to me, but I need to give it another try. I think if it was indigo denim, I would have been fine with it. Black denim just doesn't look good in looser fit (in my opinion).

Loads of guys here love the 710 fit, so if you've checked out measurements and they work for you, then all good

 

EDIT: I also looked on 2nd rakuten store, doesn't mention there either, but it does have this hilarious description:

"It becomes for 16oz denim of "S710XX". The cloth is familiar "16oz sex appeal cell bitch" in a geisha model."

WTF is 16oz sex appeal cell bitch hahahaha 

Edited by Niro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which model is that of Samurai?

8 hours ago, Tangem2 said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Niro said:

Yea looking at it several times I also had a thought that this could maybe be black. 

Fit in the legs just felt a bit sloppy to me, but I need to give it another try. I think if it was indigo denim, I would have been fine with it. Black denim just doesn't look good in looser fit (in my opinion).

Loads of guys here love the 710 fit, so if you've checked out measurements and they work for you, then all good

 

EDIT: I also looked on 2nd rakuten store, doesn't mention there either, but it does have this hilarious description:

"It becomes for 16oz denim of "S710XX". The cloth is familiar "16oz sex appeal cell bitch" in a geisha model."

WTF is 16oz sex appeal cell bitch hahahaha 

I emailed Okayama Denim, and they confirmed indigo, not black.  I laughed at the exact same description on 2nd.  I've read that cell bitch means selvedge, but yeah it just sounds ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah awesome, thanks. I think I might place order for it. You gonna order it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program