gimmegimme

Samurai Jeans

My 0500s measure 7.75" at the hem after being hemmed to 30". Lot 15 waist 31, many hot washes and machine drys.

Hmm, thanks for letting me know!

Don't remember how much it shrank, but here are the measurements for a size W32:

More than 21cm - shy of 8 1/2"

Did you ever do any machine drying? Looks like you are getting only .25in of shrinkage based off your size. Thanks for letting me know!

Nope - no dryer used on these jeans.

..but they have been washed a couple of times over the years at 50C with proper spin (1,000-1,200 RPM).

My guess - a couple of washes and full dryer cycles could probably get you some more (incremental) shrinkage over the years at the cost of ruining the leather patch and aging the denim and sewing threads.

I'm basically interested in s S0500xx and would like to know if I should go with the same size as with the S510xx or the S710xx? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Such an impressing denim evolution seen here rrrrheian......

Got these great Chinos at Vater & Sohn. They're 15 oz, feeling a lot heavier and very sturdy. I need to take pics with a better cam, sorry for the low resolution.
20161106_164558_resized.jpg

20161106_164641_resized.jpg

20161106_165620_resized.jpg

20161108_055547_resized.jpg

20161108_055609_resized.jpg

20161108_055621_resized.jpg

20161108_055632_resized.jpg

20161108_055654_resized.jpg

Nice pickup Max, I've thought about buying those for awhile now but the measurements always seemed weird to me.

I just tried them on and think the cut is perfect. I sized up to 36 and the top block is roomy while the leg has some taper making the silhouette look good

Will try to take them when I'm back from work. I'd estimate the waist being 35,5-36" and the leg opening to be 8,5".

wanted to get them when they first launched a few years ago i think, never bit the bullet. looks good on ya.

fellas, will i get the same fading results with 710xx one wash?  dont wanna go through the motions of screwing sizing up in the raw state.thanks

^^No one wash will ruin your life. ;)

Better fit pics

20161109_182119.jpg

20161109_182115.jpg

20161109_182111.jpg

20161109_182106.jpg

20161109_182104.jpg

great fit!

got a pair, too - amazing fabric, but can't stop wondering if front pockets are off in some way for me...

Well i can safely say that the 710xx denim is probably the fastest fading denim I've ever had. 

128 Days of wear, 1600+ km biked on a fixed gear, 1 wash courtesy of Indigo Shrimp's (aka Mikecch) Sugar cane soap/conditioner 

30803944101_1a8b00b3a2_o.jpg_SDG6529 by matt karai, on Flickr

30776097822_4953952aa4_o.jpg_SDG6532 by matt karai, on Flickr

Crotch is about to go on it, my naked carbon seat has IMO saved the crotch from a blowout thus far but i think it's going to go fairly soon. These are in the Denimio Contest and i have a feeling i will be reaching 5000+ KM biked come the end of the year. All the sweat has really melted the indigo off the combs while the whiskers are pretty normal for 4 months of wear, i think. 

A belt made locally in Sydney. Picked it up from Blue Works (local shop). Just a standard veg tan with brass buckle

Well i can safely say that the 710xx denim is probably the fastest fading denim I've ever had. 

128 Days of wear, 1600+ km biked on a fixed gear, 1 wash courtesy of Indigo Shrimp's (aka Mikecch) Sugar cane soap/conditioner 

You are riding a track bike in Sams in Sydney ? 

:D

You are riding a track bike in Sams in Sydney ? 

:D

YEP! Not at the track tho...

Very nice combo. My Samurai Denimo are holding tight to their indigo. Lots of wears, some bicycling.

I think it's the combo of the heat here in sydney + cycling. Summer is just starting and i am beginning to die

_SDG6529 by matt karai, on Flickr

_SDG6532 by matt karai, on Flickr

Crotch is about to go on it, my naked carbon seat has IMO saved the crotch from a blowout thus far but i think it's going to go fairly soon. These are in the Denimio Contest and i have a feeling i will be reaching 5000+ KM biked come the end of the year. All the sweat has really melted the indigo off the combs while the whiskers are pretty normal for 4 months of wear, i think. 

reat denim evo seen here in such a short time!!!

Congrats to this great denim evo in such a short time.

I can't wait to see them after 600 wear days!!

Nice to see someone rock some samurais rather than oni's for once for the Denimio contest.

I posted a few months ago about my pair of 19oz 710 that I gave two initial hot soaks (soak, hang dry, repeat). Can anyone give me an idea how much additional shrinkage I should expect from a cold machine wash with this particular denim?  I plan to machine wash and was wondering if I should throw em in sooner than later.

Edited by HGS