gimmegimme

Samurai Jeans

The 0500 in a smaller size (32 below) should be the closest. Probably even more the UES 400T or the FH 3009 (mid-long rise, wide thighs, tapere leg).

The 0500 in a smaller size (32 below) should be the closest. Probably even more the UES 400T or the FH 3009 (mid-long rise, wide thighs, tapere leg).

FH 3009 are my dream. But I'm 6'2 and the inseam preshrink is only 36. Once it goes down to 33 I'm screwed...

Aviv, I would bet that if you bought the flat heads, even once fully shrunk, they'd be longer on you than your buddy paul's denim up there...

I think that most people that say denim doesn't have a long enough inseam greatly underestimate how short you can wear jeans and how good they can look.

Aviv, I would bet that if you bought the flat heads, even once fully shrunk, they'd be longer on you than your buddy paul's denim up there...

I think that most people that say denim doesn't have a long enough inseam greatly underestimate how short you can wear jeans and how good they can look.

Could be. But I've owned Flat Heads (3001 and 3002) and both looked ridiculous on me. I'm all legs and need 34 inches from crotch. Steve's here are clearly a mid/high rise. I would guess at least 11 or 11.5 inches. Flat head only makes a rise like that in the 3005 which is too baggy.

I might be coming to terms again with the fact that besides the 710s LVC (1954) is the only denim I think fits me well...

Edited by Aviv

I've been wearing mine twice in 20-25°C and found them pretty hot. Not only because of the colour, but they're also pretty stiff and tight woven, they seem to breathe not very well. Maybe even less than the 19 oz denim, but it's hard to tell as I've been wearing nothing but shorts and 14 oz denim the last months and maybe that exaggerates the effect. My worn in 19 oz denim felt cooler as far as I can remember.

So far, I still think they haven't shrunken a lot in the length, yet I couldn't stretch the waist out over the raw state. So sizing down is somethng I wouldn't recommend. In my size I have to choose between a bearable waist and slim legs.

This is good to know, confirmed my doubts. As much as I'd like a pair of these, I'm in the subtropics (Brisbane, Aus) and don't think I'd be able to wear these more than two months of the year.

Does Samurai make a fit like this?

steve-mcqueen-denim.jpg

If not, does any decent Japanese brand?

this fits like a reoslute 710

I wish they also made the 710 in a lighter weight! I know about the Denimio collab but I really hate the blue stitching and red tab on the coin pocket. Those little detail kill it for me.

But you can take care of those very easily. I had my Eternal Tab removed and restitched and plan to do the same on those. And probably just keep one arc colour (or none).

Different topic: I wore my BKBs today and they seem to fade pretty fast. The hem and some other areas show already some greyish tone - but maybe black exaggerates the initial fadings compared to indigo.

this fits like a reoslute 710

When Steve was in SF filming Bullitt, he told me he liked them but wished the rise was a little higher.

Hi john thats correct i wish it was too when youve got a big dick and balls you need a higher rise jeans.

Hes pulling my leg... But wait john are you like steve mcqueens age right ?

Maybe johns around 78 ish?

Does Samurai make a fit like this?

steve-mcqueen-denim.jpg

If not, does any decent Japanese brand?

Flat Head 3009 and 2111 fits similar to that.

Of course I'm serious -- 60 year olds don't fool around.  Funny thing is, while Steve needed more room up front, Brando complained that his Samurais were tight in the thighs (710XX).  He said this while filming At The Warehouse.

That was just before Paul, Steve and Marlon teamed up with Lee Marvin and Yul Brynner for 'The Osaka 5'.

That was just before Paul, Steve and Marlon teamed up with Lee Marvin and Yul Brynner for 'The Osaka 5'.

The Dirty Denimheads?

do you guys think that the Samurai x Denimio collab will sell out during the pre order? i talked to someone from denimio and they told me that samurai will only make 150 pairs. i want to buy them for 2017 DWC (i already have a 2016 pair of jeans). Or do you think that there will be an even better Samurai colllab before next DWC?

When I was emailing them, they told me it would sell out. Then again, they could have just been trying to secure the sale.

hmm i think i'm going to cop them once my current order arrives. just to be safe

Here are some post hot-wash pictures.  Max was right about the waist shrinking too much because it feels like a 33.5 waist after the wash, when I got a 35.  There is some muffin topping going on, but I'm not too concerned because they'll stretch back out when I've broken them in, I've been having a bad diet lately, and I was able to button them up without any issues before the wash.  I'm glad I sized up from TTS.  

N5pFbFM.jpg

4S8WsC0.jpg

kKi7uj7.jpg

zHbDEuX.jpg

eZtQFOa.jpg

Great fit :P

How are you guys sizing your Denimio x Samurai collabs?  I'm a size 30 in PBJ xx-012 and also decided to go with a 30 in Samurai after comparing the BiG measurements for both and also reaching out to Denimio.  However I'm a little worried about the BiG measurements and can't seem to find any info about how much shrinkage to expect from the Geisha fabric.

As I got my old cam back that is better at macros, a few shots of the BKB. 5 days wear, I suppose these fade fast.

zJ5JZiT.jpg
7EMzCBL.jpg
mFhP6jP.jpg
PRpIXjp.jpg
uO1vaCC.jpg
Mm1vxHR.jpg
jIgTIUi.jpg

Edited by Max Power

Xpost:

REBOOT : Samurai s500XX LOT9__ warm-soaked & hang-dried before getting back on rotation ... iPhone5 snaps, sorry :(

76534E49-21DF-4F01-B09D-44D21D8C844A.jpg

F7025492-BDAC-47E9-81E7-9AE3672E19B3.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

FH 3009 are my dream. But I'm 6'2 and the inseam preshrink is only 36. Once it goes down to 33 I'm screwed...

I'm 6'3", all legs, and my 3009s look great single cuffed after several soaks. You'd be fine with the 3009.