Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

what's up, gents. due to a sizing snafu, i have a couple pairs of older sams that have just been sitting in my closet - i believe they're lot 8 or lot 10, have to look... they have some wear, but both are in amazing shape with tons of indigo left. no rips, tears, blowouts, etc. 

i have a 0500 in size 34 and a 710 in 34.

i need one size up in each. thought i'd check to see if anybody else had sizing mess ups and wants to trade. open to other brands, but i prefer to stick to sam. pm me and i can send pics, if you're interested. 

Edited by cw

Did a direct comparison between my little used S0110XJ lot 12 and my vintage, 2nd hand lot 8...

All went fine until "somebody" decided to photobomb the shoot...

image.jpg6_zps4opddsny.jpg

Subtlety may not be his strongest suit, but at least he prefers vintage.

Can you post closeup shots of the fabric and the patch? I am quite envious as the horizontal streaking is very cool compared to the more 'flat' looking LHT from current generations.

Do they fit like how you want them to right now? They might be too small after they've shrunk... as I've said 10000000 times, like Brad, if you ever want to wash your jeans or at least even know if they'll fit you need to wash them now. If you don't soak or wash you won't know if they are actually too small for you because unsanforized denim like that is not supposed to be worn before being at least soaked, ideally washed. Additionally the denim is so coarse and abrasive you're going to make holes in them way faster than you would if you washed them regularly.

subjective and imo and all that shit but what you're planning to do (treat them like the 3sixteens/apcs) is doing it wrong. It's also doing it wrong with the 3sixteens/apcs but you didn't get burned on them because they were sanforized so there was no real need to soak/wash, other than if you wanted a pair of jeans that didn't end up looking ridiculously contrasty (except the APC denim is crap so you have to go that long to get any wear at all even if it isn't good) or didn't end up disgusting and permanently infused with, as tyler would say, taint sweat.

Thanks. Got the info from Brad, but you really "nailed it on the head"

More OG evo. They have about 6 months wear in them. I found them fading slower than the 19 and 21 oz.

Are these the 711 or a fit that use the same denim as the 711 fit do? I'm only guessing from the yellow arcs. These look amazing and are probably my favorite pair I've seen, this is the kind of contrast fading I love.  I need your wash/wear recipe.  ;)

Are these the 711 or a fit that use the same denim as the 711 fit do? I'm only guessing from the yellow arcs. These look amazing and are probably my favorite pair I've seen, this is the kind of contrast fading I love.  I need your wash/wear recipe.  ;)

Thank you! My recipe is pretty the same on all pairs. Two initial soaks or a machine wash to get the shrinkage out. Another soak after a few days or weeks if I feel they feel too long or not fully shrunken. Then a handwash every 4-6 weeks or a gentle machine wash within the same timeframe if they need it (sweat, dirt). I try to stick with one pair at a time.

Thank you! My recipe is pretty the same on all pairs. Two initial soaks or a machine wash to get the shrinkage out. Another soak after a few days or weeks if I feel they feel too long or not fully shrunken. Then a handwash every 4-6 weeks or a gentle machine wash within the same timeframe if they need it (sweat, dirt). I try to stick with one pair at a time.

Wow, that's pretty frequent relative to the types of fades you're getting.  You must wear them pretty hard, it seems to be working really well for you though.  I'd love to see more pictures as they progress!

Edited by VivaMarlon

I'm not wearing this particular pair right now, as they feel a bit tight. But i did an interesting experiment with a piece of WH denim: I washed it every time I did a wash, so about 30 times now. It's still pretty dark which shows, that indigo gets lost through wear, not washing. It just helps getting the worn out indigo out.

@chewie: let's see some fitpics! How do you like them? I want to move my button this week, so I can finally start to break in mine.

@chewie: let's see some fitpics! How do you like them? I want to move my button this week, so I can finally start to break in mine.

Will do, I did a hot wash on them last night and they are drying.  I didn't take any pre-fit pictures :unsure: I got size 35 and I'd imagine they have the same pre/post measurements as yours.  

As for the BKB denim, I really like it.   It seems pretty uniform without much slub, but maybe I'm too spoiled with my PBJs.  Clean, forward, and straight to the point.  I can't wait to break them in and get some wears on them, but I'm currently focused on my PBJs. 

Here are some post hot-wash pictures.  Max was right about the waist shrinking too much because it feels like a 33.5 waist after the wash, when I got a 35.  There is some muffin topping going on, but I'm not too concerned because they'll stretch back out when I've broken them in, I've been having a bad diet lately, and I was able to button them up without any issues before the wash.  I'm glad I sized up from TTS.  

N5pFbFM.jpg

4S8WsC0.jpg

kKi7uj7.jpg

zHbDEuX.jpg

eZtQFOa.jpg

Edited by Chubacca

There's definitely some slub in it, of course not like on PBJs but I think we'll see some of it down the road.

Max, I'm looking forward to the day you get some PBJs.  Their slub/irregularities/loom chatter is out of this world.  The texture of mine reminds me of sandpaper or braille