Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Quick question for those familiar with the Samurai 710 and 500 fits.

I'm a size 35 in the 710 (XX and OG) and am interested in adding a pair of 16 oz. S500-OG.  Would recommend the same size (35) for the S500-OG or should I size up to 36 (I've heard the 500-OG can be slightly trim fitting through the waist and top block).

Thanks.

John

I don't think there are many users here that one these three. Like I wrote you earlier, the 500 OG seems to run a bit smaller in waist as the  710 OG and my old 710XX. But that's marginal. If the 710XX and OG you own are comfortable in th waist and fit everywhere else, the 500 in the same size will do, too.

I have the 0500og. It came in 1 inch smaller in the waist than big's measurement but pretty similar everywhere else. I had to keep something in the waist the first few soaks so it didn't shrink, because it was perfect in the waist when it was raw. Now every time I've hand washed, the waist never goes below raw measurement. All that said, its my favorite cut and favorite denim ever I think.

@sigur ros, the two denim fade way different but its a result of weave, dying etc. I doubt that lack of pesticides on the cotton has any effect on fading or strength. But who knows, in any case less pesticides is better for the earth.

I recently received, and just soaked, a pair of S500-OG in size 35.  Very happy with them though they're pretty different than the S710-OG, not only in fit (of course) but also color.  I'll try to get some pics up at some point but the 16 oz. 710-OG is darker and bluer.  The S500-OG 16 oz. denim looks a bit like the S510 15 oz. Texas cotton -- not exactly the same, but similar.

been considering a pair of samis for my next pair, but there are so many different pairs im kinda unsure of how to size. If I wanted a thigh measurement of 12.25, knee 8-8.5, leg opening of 7.5, front rise of 11-11.25 would a size 33 be my best bet in most of the slim cuts? 

Hey guys! Got my first pair of Samurais and glad to join the club!  

KEL77Ya.jpg

Pre Soak:

iOYHCWB.jpg

VIWC4Ht.jpg

JBsOsN1.jpg

Measurements:

Waist 15

Front Rise 10.4

Back Rise 12.4

Thighs 11

Knees 8.5

Hem 7.5

Inseam 37

It's still drying atm but will update!

^^ what is your true size? 28?

great fit

Thanks guys! I went TTS at 29 waist :) Could probably have sized down but didn't want the thighs to be too tight

Here are my post-soaks

dztWI6t.jpg

T8Nvjfa.jpg

j00144r.jpg

Post Soak Measurements: (45min hot soak)

Waist 13.5 (Didnt expect this much of a shrink but it's stretch back to being comfortable)

Front Rise 9.75

Back Rise 12

Thighs 10.5

Knees 8.25

Hem 7.25

Inseam 35

Edited by Noirkw

Noirkw

Looking great!!

Rock them the hardcore way for ever.

Wanna see them after 600 wear days!!

Got my 710xx on Monday :D . The felt great and really stiff right out the package. Stitching feels sturdy and attention to detail is spot on. Went ahead and hot soaked for about 1 - 1.5 hr with almost no agitation. They still feel a bit big from the knee down, but hopefully a hem will help the fit. Will try to update with pictures when I get them back.

Pre soak                        Post 1st soak                        Post 2nd soak

Waist: 17                               16                                              15.5

Front Rise: 11.3                     11                                             11

Back Rise: 15                        14.5                                           14.25

Thigh: 12.5                              12                                            11.8

Knee: 9.5                                 9                                              9

Hem: 8.25                               8                                              8

Inseam: 37                               35.5                                         35

Pre: IMG_4250_zpswnqfdjik.jpg

1st:

IMG_4261_zpshgmyiyel.jpg

IMG_4260_zpshxh6mktt.jpg

2nd:

IMG_4263_zpsuinijnrj.jpg

IMG_4265_zpscxj8sqat.jpg

Bonus: IMG_4254_zpsgruy6fck.jpg

Edit: would appear idk how to post pics                          NVM GOT IT!

Edited by theone

Got my 710xx on Monday :D . The felt great and really stiff right out the package. Stitching feels sturdy and attention to detail is spot on. Went ahead and hot soaked for about 1 - 1.5 hr with almost no agitation. They still feel a bit big from the knee down, but hopefully a hem will help the fit. Will try to update with pictures when I get them back.

Pre soak                        Post 1st soak                        Post 2nd soak

Waist: 17                               16                                              15.5

Front Rise: 11.3                     11                                             11

Back Rise: 15                        14.5                                           14.25

Thigh: 12.5                              12                                            11.8

Knee: 9.5                                 9                                              9

Hem: 8.25                               8                                              8

Inseam: 37                               35.5                                         35

Pre: 

1st:

2nd:

Bonus: 

Edit: would appear idk how to post pics                          NVM GOT IT!

Wow, what an awesome cardboard like stiff denim fabric seen here.

Love them

Rock them hard for ever

Hi,

I would like to know if the official Samurai japanese online shop sells outside Japan and is english-friendly.

I'm looking for a particular belt of the brand but it is out of stock on Rakuten for the sizes that could fit.

I tried Kaizoku Pirates but got no answers.

Thanks in advance for any help :).

Yeah Yuchi has fallen off on the prompt emailing. I have been trying to get a hold of him for the last two weeks, and he has been very flaky on returning emails, but I assume he is busy, just not what I am use to. Usually get a response that night from him..