Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

guys I would like to know, is the fabric used in the s5000vx 21oz different with the one used in s510xx 21oz?

thanks

Received some 710xx and the fit is pretty great, but noticed that one of my seams on the selvedge side is split. Sent an email to the store that I bought them from and they have replied, but I was wondering if anyone browsing this thread is able to translate a bit of kanji for me so I can fully understand the reply?

ã”報告をã‚ã‚ŠãŒã¨ã†ã”ã–ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚

ã“ã®åº¦ã¯ã”心é…ã‚„ãŠæ‰‹æ•°ã‚’ãŠã‹ã‘ã„ãŸã—ã¾ã—ã¦ç”³ã—訳ã”ã–ã„ã¾ã›ã‚“。

デニムãŒç ´æã—ã¦ã„ã‚‹ã¨ã®äº‹ã§ã™ãŒã€ä»¥å‰ã®ãƒ¡ãƒ¼ãƒ«ã§ã‚‚申ã—上ã’ã¦ãŠã‚Šã¾ã™ãŒã€
海外発é€ã§ã¯ã€å……分ãªã‚µãƒ¼ãƒ“スã¨ã‚¢ãƒ•ã‚¿ãƒ¼ãƒ•ã‚©ãƒ­ãƒ¼ãŒã§ããªã„ã®ã§ã™ã€‚

ãŸã ã€ä»Šå›žã¯å½“店ã«ä¸å‚™ãŒã‚ã‚Šã¾ã™ã®ã§ã€ä¿®ç†è‡ªä½“ã¯ç„¡æ–™ã§
対応ã•ã›ã¦ã„ãŸã ã“ã†ã‹ã¨æ€ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚

ãã®éš›ã§ã™ãŒã€ç”³ã—訳ã”ã–ã„ã¾ã›ã‚“ãŒã€
ãŠå®¢æ§˜ã‹ã‚‰å½“店ã«ãŠé€ã‚Šã™ã‚‹éš›ã®é€æ–™ã‚’è² æ‹…ã—ã¦ã„ãŸã ã‘ãªã„ã§ã—ょã†ã‹?
(当店ã‹ã‚‰ãŠå®¢æ§˜å®…ã¸ã®é€æ–™ã¯å½“店ãŒè² æ‹…ã‚’ã•ã›ã¦ã„ãŸã ãã¾ã™ã€‚)

ãã¡ã‚‰ã§ã‚‚よã‚ã—ã„ã®ã§ã—ãŸã‚‰ã€ä¿®ç†ã®å¯¾å¿œã‚’ã•ã›ã¦ã„ãŸã ãã¾ã™ã®ã§
ã”返信ã«ã¦ãŠçŸ¥ã‚‰ã›ã„ãŸã ã‘ã‚‹ã¨å¹¸ã„ã§ã™ã€‚

Edited by QQandA

They're saying that usually they don't offer any service or support after shipping with overseas orders (sounds like you bought these from 2ND) but since in this case, it was a mistake on the shop's end for not catching the problem, they can repair it for free.  You have to pay the cost of sending it back to them, but they'll ship it back to you for free.  Let them know if that sounds okay and then you can mail it back to them for a repair/replacement.

Werd Looking great already

Ordered a pair of S0500XX from Denimio and had them measure the thigh. They told me the thigh is 34cm for both the sz36 and 38. These are supposed to be unwashed, so doesn't that seem incredibly small? They said they measured from the "base of the crotch".

Anyone know if there are any problems with under sized S0500XX? Or is Denimio just measuring wrong or something?

Ordered a pair of S0500XX from Denimio and had them measure the thigh. They told me the thigh is 34cm for both the sz36 and 38. These are supposed to be unwashed, so doesn't that seem incredibly small? They said they measured from the "base of the crotch".

Anyone know if there are any problems with under sized S0500XX? Or is Denimio just measuring wrong or something?

Pretty much what the size chart says for the 36. A bit small for the 38 since it's listed at 14"

Edited by mp201

Pretty much what the size chart says for the 36. A bit small for the 38 since it's listed at 14"

What size chart are you looking at? The one on Denimio is the official Samurai one, which from what I've seen/heard, isn't very accurate.

But I was basing mine on measurements from Segovia's pair and Robert Langdon's pairs earlier in this thread which are both sz 36 with a roughly 34cm thigh after multiple hot washes, etc.

Edited by d-rew12

What size chart are you looking at? The one on Denimio is the official Samurai one, which from what I've seen/heard, isn't very accurate.

But I was basing mine on measurements from Segovia's pair and Robert Langdon's pairs earlier in this thread which are both sz 36 with a roughly 34cm thigh after multiple hot washes, etc.

BiG's charts say 13.5" thigh for 36/14" thigh for 38. So it's not too much to expect them to shrink marginally then stretch back to 34cm with wear.

My understanding is that Denim use the manufacturers charts, they don't actually shrink test anything themselves.

Yeah Denimio just uses the manufacturer charts which I've heard aren't great. That is why I had them measure a specific pair for me, and their raw measurements seem really small (compared to pirates, and other SuFu users). I'd rather go through Yuichi, be he hardly has any sizes left.  

@mp201, I don't really trust BiG thigh measurements anymore. Their other measurements are usually good but I've never had a thigh measurement from them that was accurate (In my experience). Also they list the S5000 having a bigger thigh than the the S0500 (in sz36), and the S710 having the same thigh. So, I was kind of weary of that. 

Edited by d-rew12

Just dropping this here for the record since I measured for d-rew already. This is my pair of 36 0500xx's.

Here are some measurements I just took (Blue in Green style):

Waist: 37"

Thigh: 13.5"

Front Rise: 11.5"

Back Rise : 16"

Knee: 9.5"

Opening: 9" (at a 33.25" inseam")

They've been hot soaked a few times, and thrown in a cold washing machine/hang dried a couple of times as well. My jeans always stabilize around 37" waist so these could probably stretch a little bit more if needed (my pair measured 37.5" when they were raw).

Claytonimus: Looking great

Claytonimus, what boots are those?

Viberg Service Boots on the 2030 last, in a natural chromexcel leather. Got them from the last Viberg MTO from Styleforum.

The leather was already pretty dark when it arrived, and it has evolved to be some of the best looking natty cxl leather I've ever seen.

Does the S710xx come in a limited edition model? 

Well mine are the 15th anniversary edition. I got em in mid 2013, but I think they did a second run in 2014. I don't think they make them anymore. Only difference is that the anniversary edition had gold text on the red tab instead of silver, and the leather patch was a bit different. First run also came with a cool little denim coin pouch, which I got with mine.

Edited by Claytonimus

Megatron

Awesome that you really go through this 25 oz pain!!!

Keep us updated on them for ever