Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Two more shots, as they just got their 15th wash.  I'm only washing on delicate and hang drying now, as that will keep the frays from tearing as fast.  The texture everywhere is just out of this world at this point.

15122209773_af5bd3f436.jpg

15741605635_9d60124e7c.jpg

Edited by cander49

Just be wary that the waist on the og fits quite different from the xx, and as others have said denim is completely different from xx.

The denim is a lot smoother, but the irregularities (albeit not like what you expect from Samurai) comes alive with washes. Personally love my pair.

Two more shots, as they just got their 15th wash.  I'm only washing on delicate and hang drying now, as that will keep the frays from tearing as fast.  The texture everywhere is just out of this world at this point.

Looking amazing Cander

Please show us more of those beauties

I have the 19 oz. 710XX and 16 oz. 710OG and prefer the OG.  Beautiful, deep blue color and tightly woven texture -- yes, smoother, which must be what I like.

The 500-OG is tempting given the denim and Max's experience with the cut, but I'm denimed out at the moment.  Hopefully. BiG is sold out of my size ;-)

Been wearing my 710OG's for a couple weeks now, gave them a wash this morning and the texture really pops with washing like bradl said.

Good to hear. I was wondering already, as they show some slubs/irregularities on the inside that should be prone for vertical falling and a nice texture. I only did a handwash so far, as I feared the denim would bleed to a pale blue. In every case, this seems to be the Samurai with the most royal blue hue, no trace of the greyish fading, that is most obvious on the 19 oz denim.

If anyone is interested in a pair of red Hawks from BIG in size 36 or a pair of aikidou naniwas s500 size 34 (same as max powers) please message me. RedHawks are worn once. Naniwas are untouched. I wanted to give dibs to this thread. Otherwise I'll post in a few days.

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/jas_1111/media/IMG_20131001_175403_zpsaca435cd.jpg.html

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/jjason75/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-17.jpg.html

Edited by Robert Langdon

Just to give you an idea of what the texture of the OG denim is like after some washes.

Direct sunlight so the photo is a bit washed out, but the whiskers are setting in.

This denim is a bit slower to lose indigo than other Samurai denims, but I quite like it.

MaPpkGN.jpg

I agree with your point on electric blues popping out, I'm getting that along the fly and coin pocket now.

I really do like the OG denim a lot. Going to try to wear these pretty exclusively and wash less frequently than some of my other pairs.

Very happy with my first pair of Samurai jeans thus far.

Tried snapping some photos of mine, but dropped new phone and cracked the lens and no other camera around.

But I'm not sure if it's because I have washed a couple of times, but haven't found this any slower fading. Interesting how people with same denim have different results.