Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

The OG denim stretches pretty easily, I've been wearing mine for the last couple days and they've gotten comfortable fast.

I feel like the back pockets aren't that small, but they're not very large either. My Roy's have smaller back pockets I feel like.

Desperately in need of a hem with these, I must have abnormally short legs or something for my height.

Either way I'm not made for Slim fits or I have to realize I need to size up after all.

Weird that I was thinking about the same thing too. I was thinking of getting a 710XX cut after reading all the rave reviews here. But looking at the size charts over and over again, I don't think my waist - thigh size fits into samurai's size 33 in this cut.

Anyway, I'm happy with samurai cuts that I've already have :) not going to take the risk with a 710XX.

Just ordered a sz 30 710og from denimio. Hoping the size works and ready to try some high quality Japanese denim. Have wanted these for so long mainly due to all the pics from this site. Love denimio by the way. Great customer service and very helpful.

What size and can you post measurements? Trying to see if these are smaller than 710 19 oz. Someone also posted they think they seem like they have more stretch in them. Can anyone confirm if they stretched back or if they stretch past tagged size?

I never denied that I have a peoblem... ;)

The denim is really nice and I am curious how it will fade as it is not overly textured or heavy...so I think the outcome of these jeans depends a lot on the wearer and his wear/wash-regime :)

Wouldn't mind fading them for you, as you probably have enough other pairs on the rack? What do you say?  :P

I was finally able to pick my pair of 711vx up from the post office. Pre-soak specs as follows:

Tag: 34

Waist: 35 1/2

FR: 10 1/2

BR: 14

Th: 11 1/2

Kn: 9 1/4

Hem: 8 1/2

Inseam: 37 1/2

I went up a tag size from my pair of 710 b/c the sizing on Samurai's website spooked me a bit. For my fit preference it was the right call. Out of the bag the 17oz vx denim felt markedly different from my 21oz s5000. Much more stiff/starched than I remember the s5000 being prior to their initial wash. Even before these hit the water the back rise felt shorter than the measured 14" and they were snug in the thighs. They went through a warm delicate-cycle wash then I put them on wet. As expected, the back rise was pushing the threshold of my comfort level as far as exposure, but surprisingly the thighs felt great. I've been wearing more fulsome cuts for the past year, so putting something on this slim/tight was a real change of pace. I love the vx denim and know they'll stretch quite a bit, but wonder how much they'll differ from the 21oz. s5000. Unfortunately, with the TCB contest fast approaching I'm not sure how much wear these will see in the near future. Don't have any fit pics as I don't own a full length mirror and the wifey isn't home yet to lend a hand. Once they're done drying I'll post new measurements and hopefully get some pics up as well. 

I probably have a pair of 710OG in size 31 that I will be looking to sell, if anyone is interested. I bought a 32 and I think these will work better.... They have not been soaked, just tried on in the house a few times. 

Let me know if the other interested party doesn't fall through. I might be interested, I need some Samurais in my arsenal. 

so the og fits bigger than a regular 710!? and the 711vx fits tighter than a standard 710?!?

I can't speak to the og cotton, but the 711vx tag 34 I just received has a much shorter top block and is tighter through the thighs than the tag 710xx tag 33 I already own.