Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Finally got my hands on a pair of 710s (BK). Bought in Tokyo, Ueno area, at Americaya 610. Suzuki-san was incredibly helpful despite speaking very little English, highly recommend this spot to anyone visiting. Post-soak fit coming soon.

Aah Americaya! That fitting room in the right back corner.. Bought my S710XX there back in Oct 2013

Someone help a noob out please...

Got some 710's in a 31 on the way. What exactly do I need to do with them before starting wearing them in?

I know they are un-sanforized so they really need a soak - is just popping them in a cold/warm/hot bath ok? And how long for?

Once soaked, should I wear them wet for a while, or just squeeze out the water by hand and drip-dry on the line?

I presume after an initial soak and dry, I'll be ok to get them hemmed and start wearing?

Apologies for all the ?'s but I'd prefer not to fuck this up on a pair of $300 jeans.

Thanks.

Someone help a noob out please...

Got some 710's in a 31 on the way. What exactly do I need to do with them before starting wearing them in?

I know they are un-sanforized so they really need a soak - is just popping them in a cold/warm/hot bath ok? And how long for?

Once soaked, should I wear them wet for a while, or just squeeze out the water by hand and drip-dry on the line?

I presume after an initial soak and dry, I'll be ok to get them hemmed and start wearing?

Apologies for all the ?'s but I'd prefer not to fuck this up on a pair of $300 jeans.

Thanks.

What I did on my 710: soak with hot water from the tub and adding boiling water (make sure that the patch is not in direct contact with the boiling water). Soak for 30-45 minutes and agitate the Jeans a bit. After that, I turned them insideout and gave them a 30°C wash, 1 hour, 400 RPM. This morning I repeated the hot soak. There is still some shrinkage left, I figure (when washing 60°C and at a higher spin rate). But there are many ways to do it and not much can be fucked up.

Edited by Max Power

This thread makes me want to try another pair of Sammies.

Can anyone recommend a similar cut to the 710 that has a slightly roomier top block?

I wear a 36 in everything I've tried (IH, PBJ, Roy, FH, Momotaro) so damned if I'm going up to a 38 in the 710.

Yes, that's vanity speaking.

I've looked at the BiG tables, I've read B_F's fit guide...I guess I'm looking for some real world experience.

I'm no Samurai expert by any means but I feel like there's a good amount of room in the top block on the 710.

I'm also a size 36 in most everything, and I have other brands that are slimmer in the top comparatively.

But I'm sure someone else will chime in and help you out!

Final fit after another soak. They were tight at first, but got better soon. I just think my pair lacks the stealth arcs, they don't look in any way like the ones on my 500XX (these were heavily stitched in the inner pocket and it looks like my pair only has the normal arcs attached to the lining. Doesn't bother me, as I wasn't too fond of them anyway). I still think I'll have these hemmed, as I'm in Berlin next week.

Do I look happier now?

PEehovT.jpg

IDMRLvq.jpg

91Itk3W.jpg

stk3AB2.jpg

16 vs. 19 oz. The OG is way darker.

voMuTES.jpg

Edited by Max Power

^^

They had been robbed earlier this year.. Since that they haven't operated normally.. 

But, i don't know what really happen until now.. It's quite shocking they can't back to normal until now.. Hope the best for them!

Edited by regedit

Hi sorry for this noob question but the tagged weight of a pair of unsanforized jeans refers to the pre-soak weight or post soak weight?  i.e. a Samurai S5000vx 17oz jeans means that the fabric is 17 oz pre soak or will be 17oz  after soaking?

Many thanks!

What denim are the sneakers made of? Looks like 19 oz.

^There's no strict rule. As Samurai states the 21oz denim to be 23 oz after washing, I'd assume they indicate the weight in loomstate (which would make sense also as they got the denim only in that state to weigh it). On the other hand - denim shrinks 5%-max. 10%, so the change will not be dramatic (and actually doesn't matter much).

The sneakers are made from 17oz denim and the details and workmanship seem to be very solid.

The denim sure looks amazing - not so sure about the iron cross and stripes, though...

My guess is that it won't matter so much once they get worn in and dirty.

They are a size too big - I am waiting for the smaller size to be send.

(I only have one pair of white denim - FC - that I'm not planning to wear any time soon, but even if I wouldn't mind the blue stains.)

Edited by Foxy2

that boots florian in the fit pic with the grey tee. what are those???? looks good!

They are the Iron Heart x Viberg Brown Oil Tan 1950 Service Boot. Thanks!

Curious to see the Samurai Sneakers evolving.

BTW, I think I could have sized up to 35 and have a more comfy fit. Sitting down still hurts. At least my pair is in no way wider than the 710XX. If anybody with a 35 is considering a 34, hit me up. Either way I'm not made for Slim fits or I have to realize I need to size up after all.

Edited by Max Power

BTW, I think I could have sized up to 35 and have a more comfy fit. Sitting down still hurts. At least my pair is in no way wider than the 710XX.  Either way I'm not made for Slim fits or I have to realize I need to size up after all.

I hear that, a problem I've had with many Japanese raw denim cuts in 34, it fits but it doesn't, if you know what I mean.

Quick update from my first day of wearing the 710 OG: They do Stretch quite easily, but remain tight (as they were smaller than the 710XX of the same tagsize from the beginning). They seem to fade very fast, at least I noticed some fading already. The front pockets are longer than on other Samurais, but the backpockets are rather short.

Edited by Max Power