Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Got mine yesterday, big shout out to denimio for the very fast shipping and removing the price tag (don't mean to sound cheap but 250€ it would have been a pain to add something like 70€ on top...)

Will give them a wash today, I'll try to post some fit pics as soon as I can !

Like said above, the quality, construction, details are pretty amazing. First pair of samurai for me :)

Max is always disappointed with every pair he gets...until he wears them in. So I stopped listening to him in the first 6 months when he is complaining about x and y of his new pair ;)

Flo, I should/want to call you. Maybe this evening?

You can call me tonight, if you have something nice to say. :angry:

After waiting for 2 hours at the customs I got my 710 OG.

First impression: the denim is incredible soft, even if heavily starched. And much darker than I feared. That's great. Not as slubby or hairyas I hoped.

The patch is Samurai's best so far- much thicker and sturdier than the other ones. Nice details like lined pockets and selvage button fly.

The measurements (size 34):

W 89 cm

FR 29 cm

BR 40 cm

T 32,5 cm

Lo 21,5 cm

In 92,5 cm (hemmed)

Pics:

glSO892.jpg

6vpona1.jpg

SwJR9YB.jpg

i2EtKFo.jpg

xDpJgSC.jpg

shA1LPe.jpg

EOwdgGV.jpg

wFepmjo.jpg

wPgauVK.jpg

Not sure about the fit, after the WH desaster I'll wait until after the soak / wash to judge.

Edited by Max Power

Does the fit differ to your other 710's? Realise that's probably comparing apples to oranges as these are raw and your other 710 have had just a little bit of wear  ;)

Sorry, can't tell yet. And it's been a while since I wore my 710XX. But they don't seem too different from the firts impression. I soaked them hot and wash them now at 30 degrees C.

PS: pictures can be clicked for true size.

Edited by Max Power

IMG_1264.jpg

Finally got my hands on a pair of 710s (BK). Bought in Tokyo, Ueno area, at Americaya 610. Suzuki-san was incredibly helpful despite speaking very little English, highly recommend this spot to anyone visiting. Post-soak fit coming soon.

So, here's the result after one hot soak and one gentle wash. I think I didn't gt much shrinkage out of it - which is good in the topblock but I might need a hemjob. The upper part felt tight at first, but as I said, the denim feels stretchy so they were fine after few minutes. A little more space will surely occur and make them even better. The rest of the fit - I think it's perfect, a bit slimmer than my 710xx (or I got fatter).

W 86cm

FR 28cm

BR 38cm

T 31,5cm

LO 20,5cm

In 88,5cm

Pics:

ilMYztt.jpg

Nz0sBLc.jpg

1to0VYi.jpg

JO9HjuB.jpg

FEI866q.jpg

MK3JK4E.jpg

cT3ZzsS.jpg

9fEiw2m.jpg

Edited by Max Power

^A great fit!

I think my pair is somewhere with Bradls' pair grabbing a drink. Tracking number hasn't shown any action for days. 

Mine did a massive update today, but won't be getting here till tomorrow and not going to be back in the country for a few days :(

^ How do you feel now that you've got one of your green selvage and 16oz denim in the s710xx wishes come true? You don't sound or at least look excited in your pic :(

You're right with both Statements. Keep in mind the Picture was taken 10 minutes after I got up before work. ;)

When I think of it, the denim is not too different from the 16 oz Geisha denim and I always wanted a 710 in this denim. Of course, including green selvage. So, I am VERY pleased with this pair.

I am just a bit hesitant, as I want to have worn them at least a day to judge how comfortable they are. But they might become my favorite pair ever.

ahh, max power being max power and hating his jeans before he loves them, per b_F!

all jokes aside, Im pleased with my 710xx fit.  I was concerned about the thigh, but its just about perfect.  Id like to get some wear time with them before the TCB contest jeans show up

Edited by garden gnomes in space