Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I'm getting some serious hipflare from my S710XX's. Any idea if this settles down over time, or should I look at alterations?

There should be some hip flare with a new pair of raw, but serious hip flare is an indication of  wrong cut or incorrectly sized pair. 

Fit pics would help to provide further feedback.

Yuichi sent me an email this morning letting me know they're in, pretty excited.

Me too. I just hope they fit right. And I wonder why the manufacturers of great denim (and great cameras) always share blurry pictures. The colour is still hard to tell.

10551029_826776767346106_902898002489930

Edited by Max Power

Yuichi sent me an email this morning letting me know they're in, pretty excited.

Yeah, just got it as well. Don't want to risk it taking a while to get here, so getting it sent to Van. But wondering what I should do for hem, looking for like 31.5" post soak. Should I just play it safe and get it hemmed 34"?

Trying to decide between 34 and 35 on the 710OG.  I have a pair of size 35 S710XX -- very comfortable, a little roomy in the waist, just right in the thighs and upper legs.  The 34 would probably be marginally better in the waist but I'm a little concerned about the upper leg.  Is the 710, in general, considered a trim and tapered cut where the limiting factor is often in the upper leg?  If so, I might be better off sticking with the 35.

Also, will the 710 likely continue to shrink with additional washing and line drying?  So far, I've only warm/hot soaked and machine washed (cold) the S710XX one time.  I realize that the OG is an altogether different denim that may respond differently.

Appreciate the input.

John

These are the measurements I just got for the 710OG if it helps anyone

These are raw measurements.

size 31

Waist 84cm

Front Rise 28cm

Thigh 31cm

Leg opening 19.5cm

size 32

Waist 87cm

Front Rise 28.5cm

Thigh 31.5cm

Leg opening 20cm

I sized down on my S710 and I regret it now, the thighs are quite tight and crotch is in major need of a overhaul.

Going TTS for my S710

I must be dyslexic, because that 32 seems bigger than my 33. Getting Yuchi to confirm measurements before I do anything more....

Edited by bradl

Yeah they seem to be 1 size off in the waist and thigh. Those measurements came from Yuichi though.... Guess I am going with a 31 instead of 32. I'm usually in between those two sized any way. 19oz 710 size 32 too big in the waist and 31 too small in the thigh. Hopefully these work out.

Yuichi told me that the 710og in 34 measures 92 cm in the waist, 98 cm inseam and 32,5 in rhe thighs. So a bit larger than the 710xx. But we dont know about shrinkage...its still a gamble but it seems that sizing down is possible. I embrace the extra room however.

Similarly Max, Yuichi told me the 34 was about 36" and the 35 was about 37".  I'm torn between the two since I can handle the smaller waist of the 34 but not sure if the upper leg will be too trim.

John

Mine are on the way from Yuichi, just went true to size as I don't want something too slim.

Looking forward to my first pair of Samurai jeans, I'll make sure to post some photos too!

Also highly recommend ordering from Yuichi at Pirates, my first time ordering and it was very easy and great communication.

Mine are on the way from Yuichi, just went true to size as I don't want something too slim.

Looking forward to my first pair of Samurai jeans, I'll make sure to post some photos too!

Also highly recommend ordering from Yuichi at Pirates, my first time ordering and it was very easy and great communication.

You won't be disappointed by yuichi ! Waiting for the measurements myself, hopefully it will be alright. Looking forward owning my first pair of Sammie's too :)