Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

S510XX 25oz size 34 update measurements (in inches) 

1 hot wash after hemming; 

waist: 16/32

front rise: 12

back rise: 14.5

thigh: 12.5

knee: 9.5

hem: 8.75

inseam: 33

1 month wear; 

waist: 16.75/33.5

front rise: 12.25

back rise: 15

thigh: 13

hem: 9 

inseam: 33.25

2nd hot wash + dryer

waist: 16/32

front rise: 12

back rise: 14.5

thigh: 12.75

hem: 8.75

inseam: 33

Although the measurements may not really reflect it, after the 2nd wash + dryer, these jeans have snugged up quite a bit after the first month's wear. To me it seems slightly more so than after the first wash. No significant loos of indigo or overly softening in the dryer - I just wanted to see how much more shrink I could get out of them, as I definitely have the room in them. I could have gone w/ a 33, as B.F. suggested, and been OK, but they would have been a bit snugger. In that case I may not have done a hot wash or dryer. Now the fit is very good without being too baggy. No excessive saddle bags. Really comfy. Will try to get fit picks soon. 

How I measured (updated/corrected f/ the first time I measured them) 

SamuraiS510XX25oz15thhot-wash04-04-2014_

Trying to get some answers from 2nd on another pair of S0500's- These seem to be my current 'perfect' jeans.

Does anyone have a contact there for someone that speaks English? It may be a bit quicker than going through Rakuten. Can anyone advise if they are happy to mark down the value on their packages and if they're honouring the free int shipping currently being offered on Rakuten?

Can someone tell me how much shrinkage I can get out of a pair of 710's in the waist, rise, thigh and leg opening ? I have a Lot 13 size 31 that is tight in the waist and thigh but I just bought a Lot 17 size 32 and it seems a little large in the waist. It is not too bad so I am hoping I can shrink them down.

Liking those a lot B. How are you finding the fit on them? I've just reached my limit in slimness with a pair of PBJ 012, but still really interested in a pair of the s003jps....seeing yours is doing nothing to change that!

These are size 34 and I also have a pair of size 34 XX-012s, the fit on both feels very similar even though the measurements for the knee are about half an inch different. The samurais do have a slightly slimmer thigh though but I'm pretty sure my pair was on the small side of normal for thighs to begin with. I think these also have a slightly lower rise but I like lower rises so I don't really notice a difference.  

Slimmer that'll the 012's? Damn. Going to have to be careful here. Think I really need to try a pair.

Quite disappointed - always considered myself a bit of a chancer but apparently when it comes to denim my Goldilocks zone is a tad narrow. Anything looser than an s5000 or slimmer than a 710 and I'm getting antsy...

The exact measurements for the two pairs are pretty similar

PBJ XX-012 Sz 34

Waist: 36.5

Thigh: 12.3

Knee: 8.2

Hem: 7.7

Rise: 10.3

S003JP Sz 34

Waist: 36.3

Thigh: 12

Knee: 8.7

Hem: 7.6

Rise: 10

The samurais are a tiny bit slimmer, but not by much. 

I really would like to be able to get my hands on these jeans in person, my small size makes it difficult to get perfect.

What do you guys (and girls) think about removing the stitching from the back pocket designs on Samurais? Not the biggest fan of the arches 

I did it for my current pair of 710's, but am hesitating on my latest pair... 

Edited by halfbaiked

^since people were so bummed about them disappearing, and go to great lengths to proxy pairs w/ arcs - I imagine most guys (and girls) think you should leave em.

I'm a fan of arc just because it's one more piece that breaks down and evolves with wear - but I understand not being into em. I like Samurai arcs but i'm sometimes tempted to strip away the flathead ones.

But none of that matters of course. It's your pair and you can (and should) do what you want w/ em.

Welcome to the forum.

Weird, never got an email about those or seen anything since foxy posted about it. Love those arcs.

Didn't bother to follow up since I have the feeling that 710 is not for me...however, 711 might well be...