Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

@Dylan: I like your fit. it's similar to mine and I went TTS. Our fits are a bit looser than most guys size their 710 (when you want a looser fit, Samurai makes looser cuts ;) ) butI dig the extra room. And keep in mind that they will shrink some more. Of course you could have gotten a 35 and wouldn't have to size down 2 sizes from your 36. Dunno why you Brits skip the uneven sizes so often ;)

thx!

yeah, most of my fits would benefit from I hem...that's true. But I kinda like to keep the jeans "original". Just like Ruedi ;)

@Carl: yeah sizing down...well these are a tag size 34, measured 34" raw and shrank to 32" from where I stretched them back to 34,5". Sizing down isn't a real option waistwise (imo). Just looking at my bum and legs, a size smaller would look better/more modern, that's true :)

hey guys, just finished with the pre-soak and drying of my 710xx lot 13, size 29. went tts. i'm really liking the fit so far. i was thinking of doing another pre-soak. i measured the inseam and it's exactly 37". does this sound about right? i just did a tub hot soak for about 2 hrs.

edit: i decided to do another pre-soak after wearing for about an hour and a half or so, and the inseam measures about 36" now. i'm guessing it'll fit snuggier now, which is sounds good to me since i have skinny ass legs.

Edited by tribeq

My inseam still measures around 37" after a machine ash and several soaks (which is good). But I see you already answered your question yourself....

Alex' fit is really good indeed. But I also like b_fs fit. IMO all relaxed fits benefit from a long breaking in period, they drape much better then. If you wait some days, yours will fit nicer again, b_f.

@Carl: yeah sizing down...well these are a tag size 34, measured 34" raw and shrank to 32" from where I stretched them back to 34,5". Sizing down isn't a real option waistwise (imo). Just looking at my bum and legs, a size smaller would look better/more modern, that's true :)

what do i know. ' just a mere, lowly disciple__ yo da Samurai Jedi ;)

here is some fit pics of my 710xx, lot 13, size 29. i went tts and did 2 initial hot soaks (1 hot soak, dried, wore for hour, hour and a half and did another hot soak). this was maybe a day of wear, if that. what do you guys think of the fit? might get it hemmed later. i want to see how it looks when the stacks settle more first.

E8OQE.jpg

wixSu.jpg

9FhaT.jpg

Edited by tribeq

thx!

yeah, most of my fits would benefit from I hem...that's true. But I kinda like to keep the jeans "original". Just like Ruedi ;)

Wow, love to hear, that somebody else then me tries to preserve the original hem.

I myself would never allow any scissors near to any kind of raw denim stuff!!

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Looks fine as is. Depends on if you want stacking or not.

Thanks man. I actually prefer to stack. I'm in the same boat as others wanting to keep the hem as it was intended. I just wanted other opinions on how my fit looks. I have chicken legs so I was wondering if this fit looks good or the way 710xxs are supposed to fit, or if I should go down a size.

Edited by tribeq

well, some wear the 710 tighter and some (like me) wear them more regular. it depends on what look you want to achieve. is the waist comfortable? i think you could go down one size for a slimme fit in the legs but if that is comfortable at your waist...your decision.

keep in mind they will also shrink a bit more with the future washes

^ thanks for the reply. right now the waist is comfortable, but after that 2nd soak, it was definitely a struggle and not even comfortable haha. i think i would hate it sizing down since the waist. i like the fit and i think with more wear it'll get better. i was just wondering what you guys thought.

No, leave it as it is. You will have a way to tight waist if you size down. The fit looks ok to me (although I think a hem would be a good call). Sizing down in Samurais (even 710) looks off to me, as there a plenty of brands offering slim cuts. But many just want a skinny fit in heavy denim which doesn't go together well IMHO (not referring to you, generally speaking).

Edited by Max Power