Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

w/c sam model did you p-up? 'depends on the denim. i can only advice how i'd do it. warm soak from below the crotch to hem for an hour, then cold soak the entire jeans for 30 mins. hang dry.

Edited by BrownMetallic

w/c sam model did you p-up? 'depends on the denim. i can only advice how i'd do it. warm soak from below the crotch to hem for an hour, then cold soak the entire jeans for 30 mins. hang dry.

710. Well the waist is larger than tagged, because they arent soaked but, the rest of the denim fits well without a soak.

Thought I'd point out that the proper term is "vertical fading," not "falling." The confusion probably arose because the Japanese word for fade is "iro ochi," literally "color fall." "tate ochi" literally means "vertical fall," but "vertical fade" captures the spirit of the original term better IMO.

So what you're saying is, there is no proper term, and that's just like your opinion, man.

'agree vertical fading is more apt.

but, "vertical falling" sounds more technical & exotic & vernacular... very jap denim-speak, IMO.

710. Well the waist is larger than tagged, because they arent soaked but, the rest of the denim fits well without a soak.

if you're good @waist w/initial shrinkage factored in, then just do a 30-min cold soak_ just to get the excess starch out & some lenght in.. tho the fabric will mosdef become softer & more pliant down the line, leaving some quarter @waist will make the break in process more enjoyable, pleasant & painless [or should i say w/less pain].

Edited by BrownMetallic

A few closeups of s5000vx denim. I'm surprised by the amount of contrast that is already showing after only a week of wear. This stuff has amazing texture.

6846730141_ae33f350aa.jpg

6846729579_53b5532c6d.jpg

Awesome.

Sorry to dig this one up again.. But this photo is the reason I just had Yuichi send me a pair of s5000xv. Tracking..

x post from small questions thread, regarding the fit of a size 26 versus 27 samurai s003jp please

alright people, a question that has been bothering me in my search for new jeans..might seem a little dumb, but here it goes

how much difference in measurement in a part of a jeans actually makes a visual difference, or changes the feel and fit of the jean?

eg: in the thigh a 10" measurement versus a 10.5" or in the leg opening, 6.5" versus 6.75" or even 7"?

I ask because I'm looking for skinny jeans, but the lengths are too long so I need to hem, the leg opening will be different since i'm looking at jeans that have taper...

thanks!

Edited by trevorplease

Some girls dragged me up a podium on the dance floor and it ripped very badly. Its going to be a tough fix for my tailor I think.

The backpocket rip I have no idea how that happened. It's been gradual though.

Edited by saintkeat

Been wearing the samurai 'blue shadow' for a few weeks now, bought off forum member marvelous1200.

Love the denim, fit and little details. Not sure how dissimilar they are from the regular 710s as I haven't got my old pair to compare, fit seems the same, though the denim seems different and the details obviously are.

Still might get them hemmed, but enjoying the cuffed look at the moment.

photo1-24.jpg

photo2-22.jpg

photo3-11.jpg

^^^^^^

Oh a real bad crotch rip saint keat

That pic hurts!!!!

just got these s710's, what do you guys think about the fit? i may get a little bit more taken off the hem but otherwise they feel good! as a side note if you are in the east end pop along to son of a stag in brick lane (the old brewery) AMAZING shop, that's where i got them hemmed (on a vintage union chain-stitch machine!).

jacketfit002.jpg

jacketfit004.jpg

hey spitfiredealer, i went approx true to size! i dont actually know what my waist measures but these are a 36" and they fit just right i.e. not too tight and not too loose! I wanted a looser fitting jean this time around otherwise i probably would have gone for a size 34", but in my opinion these 710's look cool true to size!

Hi brownmetalic, the chainstitch cost £20, and he will redo them anytime for free as long as you keep the receipt! here is their website;

http://www.sonofastag.co.uk/

Nicely sized Dylan! Know any other London Sufu-ers? I'll be in town from 19 Aug, interested in grabbing a pint?

yes mate i may well be up for grabbing a beer (if i can work it around my job! long shifts!!!) I dont know any of the london sufu-ers im afraid but their has to be a first time for everything;-)