Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Today I had a conversation with a guy wearing Samurai jeans while in the checkout line at the supermarket - not sure what model, some 15 oz. ones with red arcs. I was wearing my Flat Heads and he said he had some of those, too. This was pretty much the highlight of my day, even though I live in Japan I don't run into fellow denim nerds very often.

Same thing happened to me, struck up a conversation with a guy wearing Flat Heads. We had a good chat. He was interested in finding out more about the whol raw denim scene, so I even pointed him here. Good times. I work at the supermarket though, talking to people in nice denim is very rare, and it's even rarer that they care - see my post in the 'addicted' thread, haha.

Oh, also, my 710xx's turned 2 months old the other day, should do a mini-update soon.

I am looking for a very dark indigo slim/straight jean. Which would be better: s0500xx or s710xx. One problem is BiG is out of stock on s0500xx until August. Basically I am wondering if the s0500xx would be the better fit and if it’s worth waiting.

1. Which one is darker?

2. Which would have the slim/straight look I am looking for better?

3. Which size should I get if my true waist is 32? ( accounting for stretch after the hot soak)

I had the S0500xx and currently have the S710xx. The S0500xx is slightly darker. For me, the size 31 S0500 was too loose, the size 31 S710 fits perfect. I felt the S0500 was more of a classic straight leg, the S710 is a true slim straight fit.

If you size down one more on the S0500, it might be pretty close. I went TTS with my 710s and I'm very happy with the fit. I'd say Size 32 for 710s, 31 for 0500s in your case.

The 710's inseam is also much longer, if that matters.

how come no one posts their s003jp evo pics? did i miss something? it's not that popular of a model?

I have been looking at my pair of S003 JP-a folded away in the cupboard for the past 3 months... Only a handful of wears on them. I seriously love the denim and the detail, but the waist to thigh ratio is out of whack for my body. Waist too loose, thighs too tight, and only one hot (ish) soak, couldnt risk tighter thighs or i'd be walking funny!

Up for sale if anyone is interested (W34, L35), will have to bite the bullet and move on to some 710's or 510's :(

I feel your pain mild7. Being a thin guy with big legs, it is fairly tough to find a good fitting pair of jeans.

I'm really loving the s5000vx I've been wearing for the past four months, but the thighs don't get much bigger than these and they are still skin tight. Tagged 32 now measures around 34 BIG style (I wouldn't want the waist to be any bigger), thighs measure about 12.75", which is exactly the same as BIG's raw measurement. I'd really love to wear a more tapered pair (to around 8" at the leg opening), but I think the only style in the universe that might work are the 710s, and those in a similar raw waist measurement (s33) seem to be as slim in the thigh as the 32 s5000.

Hey guys, Im about to order 710xx. Would I be safe going tts? I wear a 29 tfh 3001. Do these typically stretch a lot or less?

And would the 710xx be the slimmest pair Samurai makes? (i'm skinny as hell)

Edited by adoboed

thank you for the reply! i actually like the details on the 710xx better. not a fan of the archs and the pocket design on the s003jp :\

what would you recommend for a pretty skinny guy with very skinny legs? tts or sz down to a 28? i kind of want a fit similar to my 3001, which i went tts (29).

Edited by adoboed

well as I'm not a skinny guy it's hard for me to give you 100% accurate input. IMO you can stretch the waist on your 710. what does your 3001 measure right now in the waist?

the fit won't be ver similar. the 710 has a higher rise (afaik) and has is tapered whereas the 3001 is straight

I have been looking at my pair of S003 JP-a folded away in the cupboard for the past 3 months... Only a handful of wears on them. I seriously love the denim and the detail, but the waist to thigh ratio is out of whack for my body. Waist too loose, thighs too tight, and only one hot (ish) soak, couldnt risk tighter thighs or i'd be walking funny!

You captured my ambivalent feelings toward the 003 perfectly! I was wanting to get a slim samurai for the longest time and yet when i finally got this it was slightly underwhelming. For me also it gets the least wear out of my samurais

003jp model is in the slim/skinny realm. if the thigh to waist ratio was an issue, you shoulda just sized down 1 to 2 on the 001jps__ w/c are 5000 silhouette. yamato denim is fabulous. tons of vertical falling.

i'm actually wearing my 001s right now. my only regret is that i shouda sized down 1 instead of su1. my original plan was to wear them loose & slouched.

snapback.pngtrevorplease, on 18 june 2012 - 01:04 am, said:

how come no one posts their s003jp evo pics? did i miss something? it's not that popular of a model?

Up for sale if anyone is interested (W34, L35), will have to bite the bullet and move on to some 710's or 510's :(

You captured my ambivalent feelings toward the 003 perfectly! I was wanting to get a slim samurai for the longest time and yet when i finally got this it was slightly underwhelming. For me also it gets the least wear out of my samurais

Edited by BrownMetallic

Thought I'd point out that the proper term is "vertical fading," not "falling." The confusion probably arose because the Japanese word for fade is "iro ochi," literally "color fall." "tate ochi" literally means "vertical fall," but "vertical fade" captures the spirit of the original term better IMO.

There is a place on the Rakuten checkout page to enter your credit card information for 2nd. Or you can send them an email detailing what you want and they will send you a paypal invoice.

That's weird about Earthmarket. I have ordered from them a dozen times.

003jp model is in the slim/skinny realm. if the thigh to waist ratio was an issue, you shoulda just sized down 1 to 2 on the 001jps__ w/c are 5000 silhouette. yamato denim is fabulous. tons of vertical falling.

i'm actually wearing my 001s right now. my only regret is that i shouda sized down 1 instead of su1. my original plan was to wear them loose & slouched.

[/background]

Thanks Brown, Actually thats a bloody good idea! Best of both worlds ;)

So I just got a pair of Sams and I like the fit as it is before soaking. I know soaking will be just a bit too tight. Is there anyway to avoid having to hot soak? Or am I inevitably stuck with how these will turn out after they're washed or soaked?