Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Samurai officialy announced the S5000AI-OGSP

main.jpg

http://samurai-j.com/lineup/jeans/s5000ai_ogsp/index.html

But what might be more interesting for you guys, the S5000BKB.

The 5000 cut in a new black denim, black warp and weft!

sj-s5000bkb-05.JPG

Check them out here:

http://www.e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-02-f/sj-s5000bkb.html

which one are those? wind or sky? who cares about crappy pics? bring it on! I wanna see!

those look like wind to me, i want to see some bigger pics too. i have a wind pair but nothing worthy to show, hardly have worn them.

as for the S5000BKB they look pretty interesting, i would definitely like to see how they wear. i've never been a fan of black/black though so back to patiently waiting for black shadows for me

been wanting to get a black pair of jeans for a long time. S5000BKB looks interesting though, but i may want to get one that will give more contrasy result :D. but i dun think that pair is bad or anything because as far as i know zero denim alone is worth enough to look for!

which one are those? wind or sky? who cares about crappy pics? bring it on! I wanna see!
those look like wind to me, i want to see some bigger pics too. i have a wind pair but nothing worthy to show, hardly have worn them.

Yeah, those are the Wind model.

I hate to say it, (especially since I have a pair of the Wind, too) but from the pictures I've seen of all the Element series, they really aren't that interesting. I mean, the colored wefts are cool, but it really doesn't seem to come through at all as the jeans fade. That disappoints me some.

Yeah, those are the Wind model.

I hate to say it, (especially since I have a pair of the Wind, too) but from the pictures I've seen of all the Element series, they really aren't that interesting. I mean, the colored wefts are cool, but it really doesn't seem to come through at all as the jeans fade. That disappoints me some.

It really doesnt. Check out the pure blue Japan's that did the same thing and they all still faded the same. When i first got my Earth's I sand papered my hem cut offs and it all still went to white

Something new from Samurai I also like:

SJDD11-01-1.jpg

with blue or black VX denim.

YO YO YO!!!!!!!!! Hey Till, when you order let me know so i can hop on that shit with you! those are sick!!!!

It really doesnt. Check out the pure blue Japan's that did the same thing and they all still faded the same. When i first got my Earth's I sand papered my hem cut offs and it all still went to white
must be that the weft yarns aren't dyed to the core so the color fades away just like the indigo although I have to say that IMO the Element models fade somewhat dull, less contrasty.

I think it's because from the outside of the jeans, you only really see the warp threads, and those have white cores. The weft peeks through when the jeans are new, but as the jeans wear and the warp threads start to fray a little, the gaps between warp thread bundles gets smaller, and it gets harder to see the weft.

You only start to see the weft from the outside more as warp threads start breaking.

Picked up some lot-14 S5000VX 21oz last week - beautiful denim!!!!

I sized down to a 32 - which I could do up comfortably before the soak (well, as comfortably as brand new 21oz can be done up). Soaked for 1.5 hours in hot water from the tap + a few top ups from the kettle. Post soak, I had to negotiate with the top button which gave in after a few hours' wear and I'm pretty happy with the final fit.

Pics are taken after the first days wear:

samfitpicchris.jpg

samfitpicchris2.jpg