Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

canada and would order from BiG

wouldn't be for a few weeks and only if i were able to sell these though

but maybe its not even worth it

If anyone wants to give me their opinion take a look at the s003jp pic on the last page and tell me if you agree the rise is too small. because im considering getting some 710s instead. but if you think the 710s will look dumb based on that pic or something else just tell me

thanks

here is an s003jp pic obviously needs hemming

the thing the bugs me about them is when i wear button downs like in the pic they drape too far over the end of the rise. need something with a crotch that hangs lower

The rise makes the waist of your jeans sit higher or lower on your body, not make the crotch hang lower or higher. Tuck your shirt in if you don't like how long it is.

The rise makes the waist of your jeans sit higher or lower on your body, not make the crotch hang lower or higher. Tuck your shirt in if you don't like how long it is.

I don't agree. If you wear Jean A with a 10" rise on the same part of your body (waist/hips) as Jean B with a 12" rise, ie sagging Jean B rather than pulling it up, the crotch of Jean B will hang lower.

well...not 100% true.

if he always wears the waistband at the exact same spot, the rise will affect the position of the crotch.

I wear also most jeans at the same spot and if I wear a higher rise jeans, the crotch is hanging lower on my body

Right. I guess I should have said "if you wear the jeans the way they're cut to fit...." ;)

The original posters fit looks fine to me (other than the cuffs). If he's that bugged by the shirt covering up his crotch, he could go to a longer rise and wear the waist at his normal spot, but then the jeans are possibly (likely?) going to be dumpy in the ass. Or he could go a size smaller on the shirt. From the left arm it looks like that shirt is at least an inch too long in the sleeve.

So I have a pair of eternal 883's and I love the fit.

I have been yearning for another jean to throw into the rotation with a similar fit but with different fading properties.

Which of the 710's would give me the most desired result, the new zero denim or the 19 oz.

Thanks.

Nice fading, whiskes and honeycombs and yet a long way to go with them. You're such a lucky guy!!!

X post

Samurai S0500XX - lost count but I guess worn for about half a year

6080106227_21167a48e2.jpg

Picture 231 by SLAB13, on Flickr

6080643390_bbc1b6d0c9.jpg

Picture 233 by SLAB13, on Flickr

some vertical slub

6080643352_b23253ed80.jpg

Picture 232 by SLAB13, on Flickr

So are you saying that i shouldn't get new jeans i should just wear mine lower (aka "the way they're cut to fit")

I think you ARE wearing them the way they're meant to fit (and they look fine). I think if you went to a jean with a higher rise but sagged it so the crotch hung lower, you'd be wearing them the way they weren't meant to fit, and it wouldn't look good.

let me guess, this time Sam will do something about Volcano dust or clay or hot spings in their dying ingredients. and will come out up to 7 sum model series.

Samurai will release a new jeans (ok..not that surprising) but they are very close-mouthed about that pair. The Kyushu-model.

First "teasers" they released:

kyushu_model_flasher_11-8_-1.jpg

dsc_71351112.jpg

*Grin* - as long as the hurricane does not claim your jeans....my inner eye has a rather horrid picture of jeans that fly away and a desparate owner in front of an empty clothes line.....

SNg, hope your technique doesn't catch on or else some people are going to be waiting a long time in between soaks depending on what part of the world they live. Did you get any major damage to your area? Cross post from WAYWT:

IMG_1344.jpg

Survived Irene! Early this morning (8-28-11) when the rain subsided I ventured out to the west side of the city to see if there was any flooding from the Hudson River. Nothing too exciting but the water you see in the back was definitely higher than it normally is. Let's hope the Big Apple get's back to the normal flow of things as quickly as possible.

Took my new 24oz Samurai s5000s out for a spin.

been wearing them for a couple of days now and they have become wearable now. So in case you missed it, my little problem was that I liked the snug fit of the size 30s too much that I didn't heed everyone's advice here and bought that size even though I probably fit into a 31 better. First day wearing it post-soak, I got all bruised from the tight fit. Since then the waist, hip and knee areas have stretched comfortably into my fit. The only part that isn't 100% comfortable is my crotch area -- balls are a little more cramped than what I normally like, if you'll allow me to be a bit graphic. I'm sure they'll be perfect in a few weeks...until my next soak that is ...oy

Can't rep you again so soon, thus via this way: kudos for being "graphic", as you call it. With such topics, anything else is just lame, cowardish blabla.