Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

so what does everyone see in their sammies that makes them so good to you?

honestly i dont see the fit on sammies as good as other brands like pbj, iron heart, fh, etc. (they look too loose in the thigh, a little flaring, something off in every photo ive seen of samurai)

what makes them so popular here? thanks.

for me, it's the denim itself. i see what u mean about the fit though. i had a hard time finding the right fit so i actually bought some 5000VX's and had them tapered to my own specs. and they are bad ass i must say.

LOL..I'm gonna wait for a lowrise 15 oz...

Isn't that what the new lowrise is?

Fit should always come first.

Yeah, I agree its silly to keep a pair that you don't like the fit of. (I got rid of my otherwise amazing Evisu No1's for this reason)

But really, if you like the material THAT much...

And remember the only thing that matters in that choice is how the person wants them to fit.

damn cjbreed... that's almost what I should do, not a bad idea. I only owned my 710's for a long weekend but samuari denim is somethng else, they just felt solid as can be. Hoping to size down a couple next time, might go with the new 710/2nd too, I'd love a 19oz pair but 14-15 is brutal enough during the summer...

bumping this. does anyone have any more info on these? if i'm reading google translate correctly (which i'm probably not), it looks like these might be 15oz zero denim? i'm digging the details like the pocket shape/stitching and the different rivets, but i would have liked to see something other than the zero denim.

http://www.e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-01-f/sj-s001jp.htm

sj-s001jp-03.jpg

sj-s001jp-06.jpg

sj-s001jp-08.jpg

not bad but nothing great too...

looks like samurai's first true original jean. i remember reading they wanted to stray away from the repro vibe. everything is all original... new patch, new rivets, new flasher style, no red tab, no levi's-esque arcuates, etc. patch is a bit on the generic side IMO, i like the old one better. appears to be modeled after the 5000 cut but seems to have a higher rise especially in the front.

looks like samurai's first true original jean. i remember reading they wanted to stray away from the repro vibe. everything is all original... new patch, new rivets, new flasher style, no red tab, no levi's-esque arcuates, etc. patch is a bit on the generic side IMO, i like the old one better. appears to be modeled after the 5000 cut but seems to have a higher rise especially in the front.

ummmm...... the back pocket is very lee esq and so is the general shape of the back pocket. i believe those are the new leepros they are coming out. correct me if im wrong.

yeah true. i noticed that also, but didn't see any similarities beyond the back pockets. i figured it it were meant to be a leepro, they would've just re-used their own imitation of the lee arcuate. but it does very closely resemble it. i used babelfish to translate the page and got the usual... an essay of cotton jargon... although i liked this bit.

"The places of interest full load which is tackled from one at the time of everything super you adhere and it is the model!"

"we make these high rise in case you have big schlongalong like american movie star mick jagger."

The back pocket shape says lee, but it's RHT. And it appears to have hidden rivets instead of the X bartack. It has wrangler style rivets, and exposed selvedge. I agree that they are trying to start a 'non-repro' line, and this is the first in that line (it is called Samurai Jeans Original Denim).

anybody know what the difference is (if any) between the 610 (Texas / 0500X denim on a 710 cut) and the Samurai 2nd collab?

They both have the same denim as the 0500 (texas cotton). The 610 is low rise/slim fit, and the 710 is mid rise/slim fit.

610 measurements:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/images/stories/blueingreen/spex/s0610lx_revised_specs_web.jpg

710 measurements:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/images/stories/s710xx_spex_web.jpg

Some mediocre pictures of my USAs I just washed. Lighting in the room sucks. Some pictures with flash, some without. Nothing too exciting, I guess, but I really like how they are turning out (wanted something more subtle). Started in March, but not worn every day throughout the summer. Too hot. Original hot wash/dry + 3 washes.

img5235yi3.jpg

img5239tj8.jpg

img5241ev0.jpg

img5244sh7.jpg

img5247kv6.jpg

img5249yf6.jpg

img5252ip3.jpg

price is on the site

use a google translator to read the description.

use the measurement chart to figure out the measurements on these. i dont see the rise on the chart so your shit out of luck there unless someone has these which maybe ed does.

samurais are raw. these are the ones that were posted by ed a couple weeks ago that i was referring to. a 2ndxsamurai collab.

im not sure where you were looking but they are listed in the model description 2nd post in the model lineup on the first page they are listed

go true to size and you cant go wrong. size down one and you should still be fine if your going with a slimmer look.

hopefully all your questions are answered now. its really not that complicated and its all a part of buying jeans online without being able to try them on. its a crapshoot sometimes especially when looking for a cut that isnt of the norm (bootcut)

Chan, you've been very helpful. Thanks.

Anyone know what the rise on these is?

fur -

its shrink to fit denim . . . . you want to soak them . . . unless you plan to never ever let them touch water

my waist naturally measures 33 in. i bought the 32, soaked em for 30 min then threw them in a hot dryer to get all the shrinkage out. they fit a bit snug (had to lay down on the bed to button) but have stretched out to perfection and have the perfect fitted, regular fit.

btw it was just the waist that was tight. the rest of the top block was fine. these, like most japanese fits have a bit more room in the hips (which explains why you always get hip flare if you don't have junk in the trunk with japanese repros or based ons).

size 1 down if you want a nice fitted look. go true to your waist if you want something a little more slouchy.

thats a diff story. since the jeans are heavy and 'mold', the long inseams produce stacking but never realy touch the floor despite being long

this makes no sense. denim that stacks will still drag on the floor. just because they are stiff doesnt mean that they will stay stacked in place.

ok so last question,according to big's measurements the 610's should shrink .50 in the leg opening,can anyone confirm this,i need a size 30 because of the waist but i find an 8 inch leg opening to be a bit to big for my liking...