Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Ok. True to waist. Got it.

But won't unsanforized denim shrink quite a bit? And won't these stretch like every other pair of raw denim that I've had?

Anyone have sizing advice for Samurai unsanforized denim? I've never had an unsanforized pair so I'm a little tentative on throwing down $250 before talking to someone who may have experience with this or know what size would be most appropriate. My true waist is about 32.5" and I'm interested in picking up a pair of the S0120's.

Anyone have sizing advice for Samurai unsanforized denim? I've never had an unsanforized pair so I'm a little tentative on throwing down $250 before talking to someone who may have experience with this or know what size would be most appropriate. My true waist is about 32.5" and I'm interested in picking up a pair of the S0120's.
^^^Go with a 33. You could also get a 32 and wear when wet. Either way, you can't go wrong. The S0120 is not exactly slim. Typical straight relaxed. 8.5" leg opening. So if you want to a bit slimmer, go with a 32.
Wait for it ....

wait

wait

where are the size down posts ??

Stay tuned....for advice to get a 30....

(Secretly agreeing with you, Coleslaw..but that's just me)

agreed with both above...they arn't exactly slim-in a good way....on the 110s above I sized down 1 to a 33 (wear 34 in other brands), they stretch out easy. But i'd of been happy with a 34 as well.

^^^Go with a 33. You could also get a 32 and wear when wet. Either way, you can't go wrong. The S0120 is not exactly slim. Typical straight relaxed. 8.5" leg opening. So if you want to a bit slimmer, go with a 32.

The Samurai website says the leg opening is about 24 centimeters on the S0120. That's about 9.5 inches. Is that a misguiding? You say about 8.5"?

Also, it's tough to get an impression of what kind of fit they'll be since the page is all in japanese. The fit I'm looking for would be a low-rise bootcut. I was thinking since the site says the bottom hem is 9.5 inches, after I soaked them and hemmed them, it might be a little bit smaller... somehwhere around 9", which is what I'm looking for.

I guess I'd like a slim cut with the jeans, but not skin tight. It just can't be too boxy in the seat and thigh because I'm a skinny guy.

Is the S0120 good for what I'm looking for?

here's some bootcut samurai for you! and as an added bonus, this retailer ships to the US, just e-mail them in simple (translated) japanese. http://www.e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-01-f/sj-s512xxbc-2nd.htm

S0120 appears to be a straight cut, if not very very very slightly bootcut. sorry, too lazy to do any real research on it!

sj-s0120xj-03.jpg

here's some bootcut samurai for you! and as an added bonus, this retailer ships to the US, just e-mail them in simple (translated) japanese. http://www.e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-01-f/sj-s512xxbc-2nd.htm

S0120 appears to be a straight cut, if not very very very slightly bootcut. sorry, too lazy to do any real research on it!

sj-s0120xj-03.jpg

Thanks for the help. Sorry to keep asking questions, but these japanese sites are sort of a pain in the ass and I don't see these on the first page with the model descriptions.

Are these sanforized? Most people have been saying Samurais run true to size, same thing here? Any stretching in these. I'm looking for a pretty low rise if I can get one, an idea of what the rise on these are?

And how much are they? I don't even see a price in yen on that page.

Any help is appreciated.

price is on the site

use a google translator to read the description.

use the measurement chart to figure out the measurements on these. i dont see the rise on the chart so your shit out of luck there unless someone has these which maybe ed does.

samurais are raw. these are the ones that were posted by ed a couple weeks ago that i was referring to. a 2ndxsamurai collab.

im not sure where you were looking but they are listed in the model description 2nd post in the model lineup on the first page they are listed

SAMURAI FIT DESCRIPTIONS

Description of rise is only in comparison to other Samurai models.

S51019oz - "relaxed" fit; straight leg; highrise

S51021oz - "relaxed" fit; straight leg; highrise

S0510XX - "relaxed" fit; straight leg; highrise

S510XX-AI-N - same fit as other 510 models

S512XXBC - slim fit; bootcut

S5000VX - 66-inspired cut; straight leg; lowrise

S5000BK - same fit as S5000; straight leg; lowrise

USA Model - S5000 cut; low rise, cinchback

go true to size and you cant go wrong. size down one and you should still be fine if your going with a slimmer look.

hopefully all your questions are answered now. its really not that complicated and its all a part of buying jeans online without being able to try them on. its a crapshoot sometimes especially when looking for a cut that isnt of the norm (bootcut)

Is there anyone that has fit pics of true-to-size 710s? Any help is much apprectiated.

OH, and is anyone interested in some 34x32 s0500XX's, 2 hot soaks, worn 3~4 times? Shoot me a pm, willing to give them up for somewhat cheap ($230-240 shipped?). Trades in 32 would be awesome too <33.

Wait for it ....

wait

wait

where are the size down posts ??

Stay tuned....for advice to get a 30....

(Secretly agreeing with you, Coleslaw..but that's just me)

Actually beats, since I'm wearing the S0210's today, I would agree that you could size down one, cause they are big and baggy. Here's a crappy phone pic of today (slow day at work):

S0120.jpg

so what does everyone see in their sammies that makes them so good to you?

honestly i dont see the fit on sammies as good as other brands like pbj, iron heart, fh, etc. (they look too loose in the thigh, a little flaring, something off in every photo ive seen of samurai)

what makes them so popular here? thanks.

in every picture ive seen nogami-san just looks like a gangster

i like my samurais because of the heavy, stiff denim, really sturdy construction, and overall fit

never any problems sizing them either, true to size ALWAYS fits perfectly, whereas brands like flathead...the sizing is all fucked up

a F3001 in a size 34 i couldnt ever get the zipper up at all, had to sell em

a s710xx in size 34 fits like a dream

so what does everyone see in their sammies that makes them so good to you?

honestly i dont see the fit on sammies as good as other brands like pbj, iron heart, fh, etc. (they look too loose in the thigh, a little flaring, something off in every photo ive seen of samurai)

what makes them so popular here? thanks.

i just ordered my first pair. i've never heard anything but great things about the denim itself, and that's what i'm after... grade A top-notch denim that is a pleasure to wear for as long as they last. fit comes second and style comes dead last, fuck it... if i wanted to be "stylish" i could buy designer denim that only merits its price tag due to the name attached.

i just ordered my first pair. i've never heard anything but great things about the denim itself, and that's what i'm after... grade A top-notch denim that is a pleasure to wear for as long as they last. fit comes second and style comes dead last, fuck it... if i wanted to be "stylish" i could buy designer denim that only merits its price tag due to the name attached.

Fit should always come first.