Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

just got home from school for easter break and chillin on my bed are my 0500xx, here are the size measurements, i'll post fit pics later

size 30 raw

waist: 15.25" (i'm worried about this, thought it would be 16)

front rise: 11"

back rise: 15"

upper thigh: 11.5"

inseam: 38"

knee: 9"

leg opening: 8.25"

i'm gonna hot soak tomorrow, i'll post post-soak measurements and fit pics thennn

edit: here is the pre-soak fit, waist feels looser than i thought it would be so i'm pretty stoked, i'm gonna shrink the shit out of these and i think they'll be moneyyyy

sorry i don't know how to resize the pics, they're huge right now

http://plaidlesspez.googlepages.com/IMG_1278.JPG

http://plaidlesspez.googlepages.com/IMG_1279.JPG

http://plaidlesspez.googlepages.com/IMG_1280.JPG

waiting for post-soak measurements and pics :-)

thinking about getting a samurai jeans as the inseam of my 3001 is a little short.

i would especially be interested in the hem measurement because i'm not sure wheather i should go with the s710xx or s0500xx....

thanks in advance

I have two pair of 510s 19 oz is totally destroyed, 21 oz has been worn only a dozen times. Now, do I need two pair to both be destroyed or should I wash my 21oz ones and keep them respectable for those times when the beat up ones are too severe and inappropriate to wear?

Is 12 wearings enough to do a proper first wash?

S5000VXs are not going to be slim unless you have huge thighs and a tiny waist. The S0500XX has the same thigh, but tapered. The 710 seems to be what most people are looking for, but may not be as appealing because of the black arcs. I have yet to ask questions like this yet I'm in the red, oh well.

i think it's not only about the black arcs....it's about the texas denim :)

I have two pair of 510s 19 oz is totally destroyed, 21 oz has been worn only a dozen times. Now, do I need two pair to both be destroyed or should I wash my 21oz ones and keep them respectable for those times when the beat up ones are too severe and inappropriate to wear?

Is 12 wearings enough to do a proper first wash?

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about but it sounds like you have a beat pair of sams.... we need pics. Explain what you meant by washing the 21oz to keep them respectable.

aight post-soak/wash measurements and pics

for reference i am 5'10" 137 lbs and i wear size 28 apc nc, these are lot 10 size 30 s0500xx

waist: 14.75" (i might be measuring this wrong)

front rise: 10.5"

back rise: 14.25"

thigh: 11"

knee: 8.25"

inseam: 35.5"

leg opening: 7.75"

IMG_1285.JPG

the waist feels pretty comfortable right now, like it feels like i could have sized down 1 and maybe go through a little pain but they'd be ok. these feel so much different than wearing my new cures so obviously they feel loose to me, but does this fit look alright or should i size down?

How are you measuring your waist?

I am planning on getting a pair of 0500xx and my true waist is a 32 and I'm planning on getting a size 31. I've read that sizing down 2 (which means me buying a 30) is a bad idea so...

also, from what i've seen, 0500's keep on shrinking as you wash/soak them so don't buy them too small after the first soak because it'll just keep shrinking.

aight post-soak/wash measurements and pics

for reference i am 5'10" 137 lbs and i wear size 28 apc nc, these are lot 10 size 30 s0500xx

waist: 15.25"

front rise: 10.5"

back rise: 14.25"

thigh: 11.5"

knee: 8.5"

inseam: 36"

leg opening: 7.75"

IMG_1285.JPGIMG_1286.JPGIMG_1287.JPG

the waist feels pretty comfortable right now, like it feels like i could have sized down 1 and maybe go through a little pain but they'd be ok. these feel so much different than wearing my new cures so obviously they feel loose to me, but does this fit look alright or should i size down?

edit: i remeasured the pants and updated the measurements

Those look like they're going to turn out perfect. I don't get the whole skin tight jean thing. To me that's for chicks. You want them looking fitted not skin-tight and that looks like where your headed.

I'd love to have cheep's long flowing locks.

They look fine...you could have sized down if you wanted emo legs, but they'll probs turn out fine.

I agree. The ball crushing fit is on the way out anyway. And if you really want them tighter, give it another hot wash or two.

you know, I'm not sure if this has ever been posted about samurais, but I question why samurias are more expensive than Sugar Canes or say Pure Blue jeans when they are made...say "exotically". Sugar Canes being made wtih 50% sugar cane fibers and Pure Blue jeans dyed to the purest

but what makes samurais so unique in a way that most of their pieces are more expensive than these two example brands?

you know, I'm not sure if this has ever been posted about samurais, but I question why samurias are more expensive than Sugar Canes or say Pure Blue jeans when they are made...say "exotically". Sugar Canes being made wtih 50% sugar cane fibers and Pure Blue jeans dyed to the purest

but what makes samurais so unique in a way that most of their pieces are more expensive than these two example brands?

Do you own any Samurai's?

Guest youkinorn

I've never owned a pair of SCs or PBJs, but I have held the jeans, and strictly based on that, the Samurai denim is really something special. All I can really say on that. I'm no expert.

Do you own any Samurai's?

haha, no I have not. I wish I can easily hold a pair without buying one yet. I'm just saying what justitfies their setting price?

I'm hopin I don't get answers like, "because they're just samurais". I just want to know more about them

haha, no I have not. I wish I can easily hold a pair without buying one yet. I'm just saying what justitfies their setting price?

I'm hopin I don't get answers like, "because they're just samurais". I just want to know more about them

-quality

-dying methods

-cotton used

-cut/styling

-details

Not that other brands don't have similar qualities, but Samurai seems to have a combination of qualities that equate to a near-perfect pair of jeans. The fading qualities are unique, the cuts are flattering on many body types, they have a broad range of cuts available to cater to most, and they listen to their cutomers' input.

...along with all that, you pay for brand name, distribution, etc. If you were in Japan, they might seem more of a comparable purchase.

Sugar Canes being made wtih 50% sugar cane fibers and Pure Blue jeans dyed to the purest

Most Sugar Cane jeans aren't made with sugar cane, just a few select models. What the fuck does "dyed to the purest" even mean? Pure Blue are nice jeans, I have a pair. But they're synthetic indigo just like everything else in their price range. They're also available in 2 (well, technically 3) cuts, and 2 different denims, one with 2 dyeing processes, as opposed to many cuts in a slew of denims.

A lot of why Samurai is popular is just a side effect of how many models they put out.

for the PBJ, i just remembered reading that they use natural indigo on all of their jeans?

I guess i was wrong, however; what I meant by that was was the 2 dye process you mentioned- warp and weft yarns are dyed, which I find that pretty unique.

GimmeGimme-just looking at some of the japanese brand denim sites, all the samurais were priced above 20,000 yens when other brands have 18-19,000. Thus I made that conclusion

These are the same 0500xx that I wore for the Samurai contest that Adsurgo won. Worn since Nov. 1st 2006 --> Now.

4 Washes

Size 30 x 36

032408unworn.jpg

032408worn.jpg

I recently sent them to Denim Doctors / Hollywood Trading Co. in LA to fix a giant busted crotch that was developing. My left backpocket's corner also loosened such that things literally started to stick out of the corners. They did a fucking marvelous job at making sure that both areas are reinforced. I highly recommend them 10/10.

dsc_4480.jpg

htccrotch.JPG

htccrotch 2.JPG

htccrotch 3.JPG

htccrotch 4.JPG

leftpocketfix.JPG

You can't really tell anything special about it, that's why it's so good.

It's too bad that my legs are way too big for me to fit into high fashion jeans (Dior and n(n) don't do anything for me at all). It looks like I will remain a loyal Samurai customer.

this is a pure guess, but im guessing some of it has to do with the weight of samurai's denim. to my knowledge the lightest denim samurais currently incorporating is 15oz, which is already heavier than most other companys' heaviest. many other popular models of theirs use 17oz, 19, and even 21. i imagine this takes some more intense looms/weaving methods or something of the sort, than all the other setups that physically cant do the heavier stuff.

other than this, the little "samurai bells and whistles" as i think of them, things like limited production models, two tone selvage, silver?! silver selvage?? does anyone else do that? and uniqueness from model to model, from patch to buttons, im sure cost a little more than running the same features on every cut like many others practice

-quality

and they listen to their cutomers' input.

and this is very important. im not aware of any other japanese denim big wigs that will actually get on a message board, make the attempt to speak english to you, and ask/take into consideration/actually use the opinions of their fans/customers. i dont know about everyone else but i think its cool as fuck that when toshiko asked 17 or 19oz for the 710bk? i and many others voted 19, and they, samurai, made the 710bk 19oz...

^i guess thats not what eeeeeeeeeeeveryones paying for when they get samurais but it shouldnt be ignored, because it fucking rules.

i dont know the exact combo of features responsible, but im pretty sure samurais become my all time favorite, by far.

for the PBJ, i just remembered reading that they use natural indigo on all of their jeans?

I guess i was wrong, however; what I meant by that was was the 2 dye process you mentioned- warp and weft yarns are dyed, which I find that pretty unique.

GimmeGimme-just looking at some of the japanese brand denim sites, all the samurais were priced above 20,000 yens when other brands have 18-19,000. Thus I made that conclusion

I've seen Sugar Canes that are more expensive. I think their '55 jean goes for about $300.

Samurais aren't that expensive IMO compared to some other brands. Cheaper than 45rpm, Dior, and plenty of other brands of inferior quality. Samurais also are so tough and sturdy that they can be worn far past the amount of time that other brand jeans can. I'm not saying that Samurais are better OVERALL then all other types of denim because of the fact that i think all denim companies are fairly different and unique from each other. If you are looking for a pair of strong, tough, unique, all purpose raw japanese jeans i think samurais are the best, but still other brands are very different.

^ thanks guys

that's what i wanted to know because when I first got into denim, I read up on sugar cane and other stuff and thought, "wow that's pretty amazing stuff" "I can't believe I wasted money on a pair of seven jeans and never consider any of these jeans", but not samurais. Everyone likes samurais, I didnt know why, i just thought it was a hype thing, but what I know now I will surely pick up a pair in the near future.

when I said expensive, if we take a look at Sugar Cane for example, right...sure, they have a couple, maybe 2 pairs, that are over 23,000 yens, but most pairs are really under 20,000 yens. When i go to D-stock, i'd say almost all(samurais) their peices are >20,000 yens, that's why I made that conclusion.