Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

That did not go well. I stretched them by hand and rammed a hanger in them, and they seem smaller now.

i tried that before, i snapped the plastic hanger. the only way i find to stretch the waist, is the old fashion way: to put them on and struggle for like 2 hours one button at a time.

Just bought my first pair of samurais. S710XX's in sz 30 lot 10. Did a 2 hour hot soak with two wood blocks in the waist to keep them from shrinking too much. I tried to put them on while they were still slightly damp but HOLY FUCKING SHIT they are sooooooooo stiff and wet that my legs couldnt slide through. It's unbelievable. Im expecting some serious creasing after just a couple wears! During the soak the water just turned a greenish color. Is this normal? Fit pics to come tomorrow morning...

i tried that before, i snapped the plastic hanger. the only way i find to stretch the waist, is the old fashion way: to put them on and struggle for like 2 hours one button at a time.

I used a wood hanger, so there was resistance. I have worn them for months, but they are still a bit too tight. I just bought a stretcher and hope it get me an inch.

Guest youkinorn
My USAs are already starting to soften up at about a week and a half. I think those Jins might be my next purchase.

Mine are feeling great. Got caught in the rain a bit today so the area around the hem stiffened up a bit again, though. The roping on mine is going to look fantastic, I can already tell.

Also getting some fading in the stacks already. Pretty nuts for only having 5 or so wears.

It's unbelievable. Im expecting some serious creasing after just a couple wears! During the soak the water just turned a greenish color. Is this normal?

ehh don't get your hopes up about the serious creasing. not going to happen.

and yes, the color of the water is normal.

I will go overseas with my next purchase if it means I can get the model I want, but I really liked dealing with the staff at BiG, and I like that it's a domestic ship, so I'd prefer to stick with them if at all possible.

i dunno, but i mean, whats a pair of samurai's without the arcs and the tab?

it just wouldn't feel the same... ...

It's a pair of amazing jeans. Who even sees the arcs/tab most of the time besides yourself? Wouldn't feel the same, puhleeze...

Its not lookin' good, is it?

For those of you who are kind enough to answer question in this thread, please refer ALL arc/tab questions to this post.

If anyone has any suggestions on additional info that needs to be included in the first posts of this thread, please let me know. There's no reason to have to answer the same questions over and over again regarding proxies, arc/tab bullshit, and sources.

Thanks,

Eric Glennie

So...as a fellow USA owner maybe you can help me. I hot washed them when I got them, and I'm wondering how I can wash them going forward and avoid much more shrinkage. I'm 6'7" and the inseam is right where I want it.

So...as a fellow USA owner maybe you can help me. I hot washed them when I got them, and I'm wondering how I can wash them going forward and avoid much more shrinkage. I'm 6'7" and the inseam is right where I want it.

How did you wash? Hot? Dryer? From now on, I would stick to cold washes only, and hang to dry. That will prevent much more shrinkage. When they come out of the wash, I usually measure the inseam (while wet), and if they do shrink noticeably, I step on the waist and pull on the legs.

How did you wash? Hot? Dryer? From now on, I would stick to cold washes only, and hang to dry. That will prevent much more shrinkage. When they come out of the wash, I usually measure the inseam (while wet), and if they do shrink noticeably, I step on the waist and pull on the legs.

It was a hot wash, hang dry. Cold wash, hang dry seems the way to go. I put them in the machine but pulled them out before the spin cycle, and will probably do the same again unless you think otherwise. Dr. Bronners, soapwise.

It was a hot wash, hang dry. Cold wash, hang dry seems the way to go. I put them in the machine but pulled them out before the spin cycle, and will probably do the same again unless you think otherwise. Dr. Bronners, soapwise.

Hot wash is always good for the initial wash. Cold from now on though if you don't want any surprise shrinking. Good call skipping the spin cycle, and Bronners is always best.

apologies for tardiness--closer modding requirement of this thread duly noted.

No tardiness...thread is holding up just fine. We need to have a few arc/tab questions or it wouldn't be the sam thread!

I dont get it, the website

2nd: http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/2nd/

doesn't seem to have a lot in their inventory, unless I am looking at the wrong thing?

it's hard to navigate through their site :confused:

In addition to what Khoiphan posted;

Most rakuten sites have an "item list" button, this displays all items that they sell usually by brand name.