Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Too bad I missed that initial hypefest but I'm wicked stoked because I feel like I've found my denim vibe with Samurai Jeans.

I went TTS with the S710MOG18oz's but listening to y'alls advice I decided to soak them in hot water twice ~3hr and bake them then the ~95 degree Texas sun to dry. Elemental. I wore them for maybe a week and they have been hemmed. I feel I could have gone SD1 but I'm loving this fit atm. The partially dyed weft is very pretty. 

S710MOG18, Size 32, Lot 19.   

18mogf.jpg

18mogs.jpg

18mogb.jpg

18mogdetail.jpg

So I'm about a 30 inseam and I decided I didn't like to stack my jeans anymore so I hemmed everything to my exact length.

The problem I later found out is that when I buy a tapered pair, I basically lost all the taper and have a really wide opening.

The cut is S710, did I mess them up? I find the opening doesn't look good with any sneakers, but works fine with boots.

Even though my footwear is always the same, I still like my jeans to be at slightly different lengths for different effects. I say, If you rock all kinds of footwear then buy another pair of Samurais and arrange the inseam length to work perfectly with sneakers! 

20 hours ago, Potsnu said:

So I'm about a 30 inseam and I decided I didn't like to stack my jeans anymore so I hemmed everything to my exact length.

The problem I later found out is that when I buy a tapered pair, I basically lost all the taper and have a really wide opening.

The cut is S710, did I mess them up? I find the opening doesn't look good with any sneakers, but works fine with boots.

The 710 doesn't have that strong of a taper, so hemming them shouldn't make that big of a difference.  Maybe the problem is you just aren't used to them without a stack. 

I'd recommend you wear them for a while before doing something like sending them to get tapered.  Maybe you'll get used to how they look and like the fit better.  

Edited by fresh1

That's pretty much the problem with most jeans when you hem them short sadly, regardless of taper. I think when you stack, it gives the visual that the leg opening is smaller so if there is no taper and you hem, and the leg opening is the same, it just feels much wider. I have the same problem on pretty much every pair I've owned. Just one of the those things you got to deal with sadly. I usually just taper.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:49 AM, Pedro said:

Does the Samurai 20-oz denim shrink more than other brands?

I saw a used pair on Grailed tagged 38W that hand measured 34-3/4”W.

Gorgeous fading. 

I wouldn't assume so, but at some point, Samurai started (randomly/per lot?) sewing their cuts with a raw waist measurement that matches the size e.g. that size 38 may have been 38" before shrinking, instead of shrinking to 38".

Here's round II on the Samurai fits y'all. I'm finding good straight leg options and now my old jeans feel like pajamas. Same deal on the shrink strategy, hot water and Texas sun only so far. I'm really looking forward to sharing how these develop. 

s5000xx25oz - lot "20th" (tts @ size 32)

s5000xx25back.jpg

s5000xx25front.jpg

s5000xx25patch.jpg

Edited by LuckiestRacoon
Added size info

@scooby

Drywall dust & dried mud?

Do you scrape off all you can before throwing in washer?

Nice to see jeans getting used...your denim can feel good about itself ;-)

Do your workmates give you alot of ribbing for wearing $200 jeans to work?

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

@scooby

Drywall dust & dried mud?

Do you scrape off all you can before throwing in washer?

Nice to see jeans getting used...your denim can feel good about itself ;-)

Do your workmates give you alot of ribbing for wearing $200 jeans to work?

Both, actually. But mostly mud. This is mostly from today, I washed them two days ago :( lol

My workmates don’t know and I don’t think they would care

But I didn’t scrape them but brushed them to get the surface crust off

• 1 month later...