Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

23 minutes ago, Potsnu said:

Which cut in Samurai would have the smallest leg opening? is 710 the slimmest option out there?

I used to be a 30" waist and now I'm about a 32". The challenge I'm having is that I need about a 30" inseam, and once I reduce the inseam I'm losing a lot of taper.

S711 is their slimmest cut in the thighs and some taper below the knee. S511 is next slimmest I think, and has larger thigh than the S711 and more taper below the knee and smaller hem without being too aggressive. Both have slimmer knee and hem than the S710. Check OD's website to compare measurements of different models, but keep in mind they have a reputation for not having the most accurate measurements. There's always variances between one pair and the next, one lot to the next, as well as method discrepancies. I've found their measurements are within 0.25 +/- of my own. 

On 1/9/2019 at 9:04 PM, mpukas said:

S711 is their slimmest cut in the thighs and some taper below the knee. S511 is next slimmest I think, and has larger thigh than the S711 and more taper below the knee and smaller hem without being too aggressive. Both have slimmer knee and hem than the S710. Check OD's website to compare measurements of different models, but keep in mind they have a reputation for not having the most accurate measurements. There's always variances between one pair and the next, one lot to the next, as well as method discrepancies. I've found their measurements are within 0.25 +/- of my own. 

Thanks for the input and tips!

• 2 weeks later...

Today is day 300 of wearing my Samurai S710xx. I've had these jeans since mid-2012, no idea why it's taken so long to put so much wear into them. They're great jeans.

Well, actually, to be honest I've never liked heavyweight denim that much. I tend to prefer fabrics I can wear year round. If I had this cut in a 14-15 oz fabric I'd probably have worn them much more. These really look quite nice, though. I'll post some pics after I wear them about another two months/hit a full year of wear, and give them another wash at the end. Right now, I think I've washed them 5-6 times, but they don't look washed out (like some pairs tend to) at all.

Anyone have the S710MOG from a couple of years ago? I used to have the S0500MOG, and they were my favorite pair, but are now too big due to some weight loss. Considering the 710's, but am concerned they'll be lighter in color than I desire. Would love to see pictures, and/or hear from anyone who owns this pair. 

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/sj-s710mog18oz/

17 hours ago, beardy3344 said:

Anyone have the S710MOG from a couple of years ago? I used to have the S0500MOG, and they were my favorite pair, but are now too big due to some weight loss. Considering the 710's, but am concerned they'll be lighter in color than I desire. Would love to see pictures, and/or hear from anyone who owns this pair. 

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/sj-s710mog18oz/

+1 to this! Also, how did they measure, anything special to consider compared to other models in this cut?

7 hours ago, emergencyflowers said:

19 Oz 710XX

My daily beaters. Need repairs. 

Hardcore denim evo!!!!!!!!

On 2/10/2019 at 7:09 PM, joe_poww said:

These Jeans are recently retired, but still have a special place in my...closet 

s710xx 19oz, lot 14

1iMPJNc.jpg

Ti0RTjH.jpg

Amazing!!!!

I can't stop watching this hardcore natural raw denim evo!!!

They deserve an eternal life for sure!!!!!!!!!!!