Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

1 hour ago, Critical Observer said:

Guys, how was it with the sizing of the S710BK17oz? Does it vary by the lot? They seemingly have these, lot 17 vintage, in stock at 2nd, and realized I might need :rolleyes: a pair of black fade-to-gray jeans. I wear the S710XX24oz in tag size 32; would I go for the same in these?

Edit: Turns out that I have been looking at the S710BK17oz-II (lot 20) last winter when some sizes were still in stock at Denimio; it strikes to me as rather peculiar that the lot 17 would now suddenly make a reappearance but on 2nd's inventory the 2 models are clearly separate (lot 20 out of stock in my size).

I'm a size 30 in my 20th anniversary 710s, 31 in the Denimio 710s, and went with a 29 for my S710BK17oz-II.

4 minutes ago, SparhawkJC said:

I'm a size 30 in my 20th anniversary 710s, 31 in the Denimio 710s, and went with a 29 for my S710BK17oz-II.

Thanks! Did you find the measurements chart over at Okayamadenim to be of reasonable accuracy re: the BK17oz-II?

https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/samurai-jeans-s710bk17oz-ii-17oz-black-selvedge-denim-jeans-slim-tapered

10 hours ago, Critical Observer said:

Thanks! Did you find the measurements chart over at Okayamadenim to be of reasonable accuracy re: the BK17oz-II?

https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/samurai-jeans-s710bk17oz-ii-17oz-black-selvedge-denim-jeans-slim-tapered

Yes I did, that's actually where I picked them up

Wonderin if anyone could help with the sizing for the 634 with the cinch and buttons. Can't find measurements for the back rise anywhere. Front rise is fine in a size 40 at 14.24 inches. But from the pics I've seen the back rise don't look a great deal higher. Anyone got a pair who could assist?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2015 at 4:14 PM, mpukas said:

I've decided to sell my S510OG 16oz AK 16th Anniversary, size 32. The waist seems to run small in this lot, and after shrinkage it will be too small for me. 

Waist measures: 32.0 

See clicky in my signature. 

@mpukas Im looking at getting a pair of these. did they measure tag size raw? the pair that im looking at is probably tagged 2 sizes too big (tag 33 vs. my actual 31 waist) just not sure if this is going to be too big. i think theres some shrinkage left in them but wont know until i get them.

anyone else have any input on this model? the 510 cut isnt ideal for me but that denim is just so nice looking

2 hours ago, chantheman said:

@mpukas Im looking at getting a pair of these. did they measure tag size raw? the pair that im looking at is probably tagged 2 sizes too big (tag 33 vs. my actual 31 waist) just not sure if this is going to be too big. i think theres some shrinkage left in them but wont know until i get them.

anyone else have any input on this model? the 510 cut isnt ideal for me but that denim is just so nice looking

@chantheman Good for you if you can get a pair. These are one of my favorites that I own/have owned. The denim, pocket fabric, details, are all gorgeous. The denim is super dark when new, but fades very quickly with washing, so be mindful of how often and how you wash them. My only gripe is the all cotton thread - it doesn't last long in areas of high wear/tension. 

If you didn't find out searching the thread, I scored a pair of 33's and wore them for about 8 months. If you keep searching this thread I've put up some evo pics. Both the 32's and 33's were tag size when raw. I sold the 32's and never washed/wore them. The 33's shrank quite a bit, and they stretched but not back to original size. It seem the denim shrinks a fair bit but doesn't have as much stretch-back as other denims. I have sizes for raw and post wash, and post wash after 8 months of wear, but not when they were well worn. I washed after I last wore them, and put them on the rack. I think with a few hours/a couple days of wear the waist will stretch 1 - 1.5". I still think they run nearly a full size small for tagged sized, as compared to S510XX 25oz.

Samurai's S510 is one of the best cuts, period. 

waist: 16.5" - 15.615" - 15.25" 

waist doubled: <no measure> - <no measure> - 15.75

front rise: 11.75 - 11.0 - 11.0 

back rise: 15.75 - 15.0 - 15.5 

thigh @ crotch: <no measure> - <no measure> - 13.125 

thigh @ 2": 13.0 - 12.5 - 12.25 

knee @14" : 10..0 - 9.5 - 9.25 

hem: 9.0 - 8.75 - 8.75 

20171014_093034.thumb.jpg.3861923f738645f85ee45b0b142387b1.jpg

Thanks @mpukas so if I’m a 31 and these are a 33 then I should be fine after washing and wearing. I was concerned they would be too big in the waist. Wish they were the 5000 cut since I like that better than the 510 but maybe if I can negotate the price it will be worth the gamble. Thanks for the detailed info. Any pics of yours worn recently? Don’t check the forums often unless I have questions so if you have posted them before I haven’t taken the time to look

this pair has stayed on my whish list ever since - amazing denim and details - seriously doubt that I could make them work for me, though...

good luck hunting!

4 minutes ago, Foxy2 said:

this pair has stayed on my whish list ever since - amazing denim and details - seriously doubt that I could make them work for me, though...

good luck hunting!

I fet that. It’s such a loose fit it makes me question spending the money on them. The 0500 is still my favorite cut by far

8 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

good luck hunting!

Why couldn't you make them work? You've posted fit pics of other brands/pairs (but I can't name specifics; maybe I'm reacalling some OOE's from a a few years back...) that I feel are far bigger/looser than the S510... ;)

As I understand it, primarily from @beautiful_FrEaK's excellent Samurai guide, the S510 is their take on the STF 501. Sized right, they'll look good on any one. I don't think they are anti-fit unless you over size them. 

15 hours ago, mpukas said:

Why couldn't you make them work? You've posted fit pics of other brands/pairs (but I can't name specifics; maybe I'm recalling some OOE's from a a few years back...) that I feel are far bigger/looser than the S510... ;)

I never tried - the cut is not a concern, but the sizing and measurements of this particular pair upon its release really scared me off.

at that point Samurai was releasing multiple AI pairs year after year and I didn't feel compelled enough to buy yet another pair.

having said all of that, they certainly do look good on you!

7 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

I never tried - the cut is not a concern, but the sizing and measurements of this particular pair upon its release really scared me off.

at that point Samurai was releasing multiple AI pairs year after year and I didn't feel compelled enough to buy yet another pair.

having said all of that, they certainly do look good on you!

Cheers, buddy! 

Those are some Aussie safety boots called Redback with steel caps - same company that supplies some of our armed forces. 

Had to wear them for salt trekking and caving and what not. Only pair of boots I was able to bring on my trip. 

On 10.11.2018 at 4:10 AM, SparhawkJC said:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd3dRzMWUR01khn8JKeaWSvrpRE9X-b0G8jOQxtgvUQ5uAYfA/viewform?usp=send_form

Vote for the next Denimio x Samurai collab.  Survey closes November 18.

And now the voting is open for the "European" model:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe787ygQBHvArYTbqOQTUETGYkauFZK2Fp0OYWpyVKI9frV8Q/viewform?_rmId=V7GK1xgPj3fP6BKy6BojUWDK3Oo1BjTYOykppAz

Apparently, the "Denimio x Samurai Russia Collaboration" is ready, available sometime soonish? S710 cut and Yamato denim, which sounds nice but too light for my preferences.

that's their second KA pair (after S5000-KA) - much heavier.

it came across very "pinkish" in some of the pictures released way back then...

indeed, a good price to start bidding if the size fits.

Edited by Foxy2

40 minutes ago, Critical Observer said:

Any known measurements charts for the S5000KA? They list waist, leg-opening, rise and inseam on the auction page but crucially omit the thigh.

you would have to go a couple of pages back in this thread to see if anybody actually bought the S5000KA24OZ.

Usually, I would think that they should have followed the regular release models, but with this extra-heavy oz denim anything is possible...