Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

3 hours ago, MikeN said:

Is anyone selling Samurai in LA? Okayama just informed me that my pre-order of S510XX 25oz actually won't be available in size 35, and all of the 34s have been spoken for. I can get the S511 in either size, but I'm completely unfamiliar with the fit of those, so I'd like to try them on somewhere if possible.

Bummer that OD is already sold of of 20th S510 25oz in size 34. Have you looked into Denimio and/or 2nd? 

I chatted with Denimio about the S511, and it's a very slim cut. I'm very curious about the cut as there's not much info 'round here on it, but I think it's too slim for me. 

5 hours ago, mpukas said:

Bummer that OD is already sold of of 20th S510 25oz in size 34. Have you looked into Denimio and/or 2nd? 

I chatted with Denimio about the S511, and it's a very slim cut. I'm very curious about the cut as there's not much info 'round here on it, but I think it's too slim for me. 

Hmm, I've seen the 511 described as both "slim straight" and "slender tapered". I'm tempted to try it in a 35, though usually anything called "slim" doesn't fit my thighs. My current pair are Oni 575s which are a cut that I almost never see mentioned anywhere. 

I got a very nice promo code price at Okayama which is why i'm reluctant to buy the 510s in 35s (if they exist) or 34s from Denimio. Would love to be able to try these on somewhere... so annoying as I was in Tokyo last week and didn't bother.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.4.2018 at 5:12 AM, mhmrzky said:

Samurai S710XX (GDB Contest Edition). 20 Months, 3 washes

F7456A20-5DD6-47F4-BA37-701F8BD1FB15.jpeg

104D1DE4-F613-4537-9D72-4FBBE46CC438.jpeg

Wow, what an impressing natural raw denim evolution seen here.

Keep them alive for ever!!

And it's a pitty that since 2 weeks I can't leave a positive rep since I always get the following alert:

"Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content."

Really no idea, what's going wrong here on superfuture.

15 hours ago, swiss-jeansfreak said:

Wow, what an impressing natural raw denim evolution seen here.

Keep them alive for ever!!

And it's a pitty that since 2 weeks I can't leave a positive rep since I always get the following alert:

"Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content."

Really no idea, what's going wrong here on superfuture.

It is a bug from an update to the forum. They are trying to fix it.

https://supertalk.superfuture.com/announcement/25-tech-update-rep-bugs-and-upgrades/

19 hours ago, Akruk33 said:

does anyone have experience with the s210xjs? I came across them on my recent trip to japan only didn't find any in my size. The denim and details were amazing but would like to get more info about fit/sizing etc if I were to purchase them online

I guess the latest edition of those S210XJ's are following the old pattern and the new denim seems to have a slightly toned down "slubbiness". I would expect the new denim to potentially differ slightly in shrinkage.

here are some old pics of my pair - most of the Wrangler features you could hope for:

93a82358.jpg
b002928e.jpg
6642db2a.jpg
8a65aa9e.jpg
a86e7c62.jpg
67530de6.jpg

not sure how many lots they made, but my guess would be significantly less than for the S110XJ.

old fit pics after the initial soak...

86eb88b8.jpg
3a6b203b.jpg
ff41bde5.jpg
cbf1b159.jpg

Awesome update Foxy

I would love to see one sample in real some day

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak
Misspellings

17 hours ago, kbuzz said:

Why. Too low of rise?   Too narrow?

I actually quite like the fit in the top/thighs, but from the knee down they're just a little too roomy for me. I have also pair of the 511NBKs and those fit perfectly though - would definitely want to try that fit in an indigo dyed pair of samurais at some point.

Picked up a Samurai t-shirt. It is awesome. Thickest and densest t-shirt I own. Mostly normal print, but then the tiger is like an iron on print made of felt(ish) material. Fit is a bit wider than i'd like, but good enough.

I would definitely pick up another Samurai t-shirt in future. I don't like probably 99% of their designs. Lot of their designs are way over the top

IMG_20180503_132025.jpg
IMG_20180503_132554.jpg

Edited by Niro

On 03/05/2018 at 6:12 PM, Niro said:

Picked up a Samurai t-shirt. It is awesome. Thickest and densest t-shirt I own. Mostly normal print, but then the tiger is like an iron on print made of felt(ish) material. Fit is a bit wider than i'd like, but good enough.

I would definitely pick up another Samurai t-shirt in future. I don't like probably 99% of their designs. Lot of their designs are way over the top

IMG_20180503_132025.jpg
IMG_20180503_132554.jpg

I bought the same t-shirt a few years ago but mine Is a salmon colour. The print Is amazing and yes its very heavy. I have other Sammie T's but not as heavy as this, Its like wearing 2 t-shirts!

12 hours ago, Niro said:

good to know other samurai t-shirts are not as heavy as this

My other t-shirts from them are also quite heavy, not like regular brands. However, this particular design Is on a very heavy t.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks MJF9,
I used to work on photo sets, a lot of lifting sweating and general use. And skated (boarded) in them a bunch too. 
Helps that they are 21oz and New Zealand gets quite humid + I sweat a heap. Guess thats also how the Indonesian denim crowd gets great fades too!

After these were hanged up I had a bunch of sizing errors on orders that ended up costing me heaps with lower priced re-sells; PBJs, more Samurais, and then got some Oni's about this time last year that I have been wearing almost daily. I really like that VX denim though.

On 5/28/2018 at 8:29 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Same here. ~$400 USD for what...? If there's something that merits the price beyond the normal 710XX (besides the heavy weight, but still,) they didn't do a very good job presenting it. Being limited to 100 pairs and Nogami-san's signature (as legendary as that dude is) doesn't warrant such a premium.

Hell, the super thick pink arcuates and all-yellow stitching make it even worse...

Edited by enojy

Yes they bring nothing new to the table which would warrant the price. All other limited 25oz models were roughly 10.000 Yen cheaper.
They just mixed existing features together (and as @Broark already said, not in a good way) as it has been done multiple times but none of the previous collabs were that expensive. 

the 25oz gold line denim is awesome, but that all-lemon yellow thread and pink arcs are definite deal breakers for me, regardless of price. And, the price is too high for what they offer. The other 20th anniversary models with the same 25oz denim (if not the same then similar?) are much more appealing. 

On 5/28/2018 at 10:29 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I got to 'collaborate' on this pair, ie. sit on the sideline while choices were pretty much made by others. They are going to be pretty ugly jeans imo 

i wanted a lighter denim, in a wider cut, with more toned down features. 

I'll be getting a free pair but i'm 90% sure my thighs will never fit into these unless i drop about 10kg of muscle...

At the time I made my first comment I didn't know this was the model designed by thw winners of the contest.
That explains a lot...I remember the Samurai contest aho tried to organize through Sufu where the users were allowed to vote on the details. Thank god it never came to fruition :D