Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

On 3/23/2018 at 3:44 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Yeah, the former models where the Samurai cotton was only used for the weft are similar priced.

Would love to see these beauties on here if no one has already posted them! 

3 hours ago, Niro said:

I am a perpetual rotator. I can't wear the same pair every day for months, as I get bored quickly. I wear what I want when I fancy it.

1 hour ago, Toegun said:

Yup, that’s my approach in a nut shell. 

Same here nowadays (once wore a pair of Ande's for 4 months which is my max ever).

Too much good denim about. Too few days.

11 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Same here nowadays (once wore a pair of Ande's for 4 months which is my max ever).

Too much good denim about. Too few days.

I feel the same way but it’s a catch 22. Every additional pair that is introduced in rotation, delays the evolution of your primary pair. I will try to live in my PBJ at least a few weeks, phew!

7 minutes ago, i_denim said:

I may be wrong but they may fall better with a cuff. Unless you like stacking.

I agree...but I mix it up and cuff a few pairs and stack a few pairs because i like the way they fade when stacked.

18 hours ago, Evry1lovej said:

Looks like a great fit!

I just got my 710 16oz 18th anniversary. I gave it an initial soak, but feel like I can get more shrinkage out. How do I go about that?

Turn them inside out, throw them in the washing machine, wash on delicate and take them out before the spin cycle. Hang dry. 

I don’t won’t to spoil everyone’s fun here but I’m guessing that with questions like these and rep like that @Evry1lovej might be the type of user that turns to stone if it’s out and about in daylight? If that’s not the case I sincerely apologise!

On 3/27/2018 at 9:29 AM, Akruk33 said:

does anyone have an idea on what the front rise on the s526XX-20th middle straight model will be? very interested in that pair but can't find that measurement on any site 

On 3/27/2018 at 9:29 AM, Akruk33 said:

does anyone have an idea on what the front rise on the s526XX-20th middle straight model will be? very interested in that pair but can't find that measurement on any site 

Would like to know as well

On 3/27/2018 at 4:29 PM, Akruk33 said:

On 3/27/2018 at 6:08 PM, Foxy2 said:

got the S526VX-L-15th in W32 somewhere...

found my pair...it's from Lot.16 - one of the limited 15th anniversary releases. it's in their VX denim, which is heavier than the XX denim and will shrink differently.
but I think it still should give you an indication about what rise to expect:

W32 (after hot soaking & washing and being worn in)
Front Rise 28.5cm - 11.25"
Back Rise 37.5cm - 14.75"

IMG_E5413_zps3cgke2fx.jpg
IMG_5411_zpsfs83uq6k.jpg

Here's a pair of barely-used s510 24oz, lot 12-1003. Any guesses how old these might be? Too big for me and I'd trade for something a bit slimmer w/a 16-17" waist and 33+ inseam. 

Tag: 34w
Waist: 16.5, 17" with waistband aligned
Front Rise: 11"
Back rise: 15"
Thigh: 12.5 from bartack, 13" IH style
Knee: 9.5"
Hem: 9"
Inseam: Hemmed to 33"

IMG_2044.jpg

13 hours ago, gfarina55 said:

Here's a pair of barely-used s510 24oz, lot 12-1003. Any guesses how old these might be? Too big for me and I'd trade for something a bit slimmer w/a 16-17" waist and 33+ inseam. 

Tag: 34w
Waist: 16.5, 17" with waistband aligned
Front Rise: 11"
Back rise: 15"
Thigh: 12.5 from bartack, 13" IH style
Knee: 9.5"
Hem: 9"
Inseam: Hemmed to 33"

IMG_2044.jpg

You can date Samurai by lot number; they're on lot 20 now for their 20th anniversary, so probably about 7 or 8 years old.

I've been away from here and the denim community for a long time. Also just been really happy with my couple pairs of Samurai and a few other brands.

Recently I started looking at buying another pair of Samurais and saw Blue in Green doesn't carry them anymore. What happened?

Denimio wasn't as big (or maybe didn't exist) last time I bought jeans. Did they price BIG out of the market?

I just ordered the S510XX 25oz. 20th Anniversary jeans. Just curious about sizing... I chose size 35 which is what the Denimio chat person suggested based on the current measurements of my heavily worn Oni 575's in size 34. I've never bought pants in such a large size before (in suit sizing I'm normally a 32, maybe a 33 in Rick Owens jeans for example). Can I really expect these to shrink down to a ~33 waist size after a hot soak? Thanks.

I have the 15th anniversary 25oz in size 34. I've put quite a lot of mileage on them, lots of washes and some hot dryer to get as much shrink out as possible. When raw the waist was 35. After a hot wash the waist will shrink down to a 32, but stretches out very quickly to around 33.5 - 34.0. The waist hasn't gone back to raw measurements. The S510 is a very full cut, and the hips are wider in proportion to the waist than most all other cuts I have. Depending on how your hips and thighs are proportioned, my first reaction is you may want to size down to a 34 in this cut. I also have the 16th anniversary S510 in 16oz AK in size 33, and the waist is rather tight and the hips and thighs are much more fitted. I actually prefer size 34. When sized right this is a great cut that I feel deserves attention. For reference I'm a 34 in IH 634 and 888, as well as most other cuts I own. Some 33's too. I'm 5' 11.5", 190lbs. 

Here are raw and one wash pics from 05/2014 of the S510 25oz 15th; 

5acc0b8d1ae09_SamuraiS510XX25oz15thraw03-17-2014_4.thumb.jpg.0bc3a237d43f6fb46e6df2453080b687.jpg

5acc0bc3c02d3_SamuraiS510XX25oz15thhot-wash-205-11-2014_1-Copy.thumb.jpg.e6738d9a32a69a2a7176efa05854b336.jpg

Also, I'd really like to pick up the new 20th S510 25oz, but I won't be able to for some time. Hopefully they won't sell out and I'll be able to cop a pair at some point in the future. Good for you ordering a pair, and looking forward to seeing them IRL! 

Great info, thank you.

So now I'm debating going down to a 34, especially considering that sometimes I have to size down from the recommended size of 35, not because of the waist but because of my thighs. Usually the waist of my ends up quite loose because I am choosing a size to fit my thighs. Since they are indeed a slightly fuller cut (and my Oni's are 575 which are also called "regular straight", not sure how the measurements compare though) maybe the thighs won't be as big of a worry as I'm thinking.

On 4/3/2018 at 2:45 PM, a salaam alaikum said:

I've been away from here and the denim community for a long time. Also just been really happy with my couple pairs of Samurai and a few other brands.

Recently I started looking at buying another pair of Samurais and saw Blue in Green doesn't carry them anymore. What happened?

Denimio wasn't as big (or maybe didn't exist) last time I bought jeans. Did they price BIG out of the market?

Hey there fellow relapser! Dunno why Blue in Green stopped selling Samurai. Also dunno if Denimio's prices had anything to do with it, but probably not -- they just sell at or around the Japanese domestic market MSRP. Other Japanese shops like 2nd and Bears have been doing the same (and shipping worldwide) for as long as Blue in Green have been around. Denimio is good, though. I've ordered from them a couple of times now with fast shipping and no issues.

Is anyone selling Samurai in LA? Okayama just informed me that my pre-order of S510XX 25oz actually won't be available in size 35, and all of the 34s have been spoken for. I can get the S511 in either size, but I'm completely unfamiliar with the fit of those, so I'd like to try them on somewhere if possible.