Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

13 hours ago, mpukas said:

... the 20th is organic...

I’m not sure what model you’re talking about, but as I posted on January, there are no 2018 models that are fully made with organic cotton in the spring-summer collection.

The two announced 20th OG models are now 20thXX models, since there is no organic cotton in this denim.

S510OG25oz-20th is now S510XX25oz-20th.

S511OG25oz-20th is now S511XX25oz-20th.

So after all, “OG” still stands for “organic”.

Edited by Susumu

13 minutes ago, Susumu said:

I’m not sure what model you’re talking about, but as I posted on January, there are no 2018 models that are fully made with organic cotton in the spring-summer collection.

The two announced 20th OG models are now 20thXX models, since there is no organic cotton in this denim.

S510OG25oz-20th is now S510XX25oz-20th.

S511OG25oz-20th is now S511XX25oz-20th.

You're right. I was relaying what denimio told me in a chat, and they must not correct

16 hours ago, ShootThePier said:

@mpukasS5000VX 15th Anniversary.

8938CD20-3433-4D1E-B9A2-E421C2E288DF.jpeg

Wow those 25 ozrs!!! 

10 hours ago, ShootThePier said:

They are dark indigo. They’ve been hot soaked twice. They are darker than the S5000AI-10SP. They are also less rigid, Samurai cotton maybe? Crazy purchase, but I have a really good feeling about them.

Good stuff man. B) How did they measure pre-/post-soak, any pecularities/points to consider compared to your other pairs in S710 cut?

Just awesone denim evo start showing off here nizzel55

6 hours ago, beardy3344 said:

Anyone happen to know the status of the 20th Anniversary S710XX16oz-18 release? Everything I've read made reference to the end of February. 

current status end of march

On 15/03/2018 at 3:10 PM, beardy3344 said:

Anyone happen to know the status of the 20th Anniversary S710XX16oz-18 release? Everything I've read made reference to the end of February. 

They've arrived at stores. Mine should be with me next week

Depends on the characteristics you like in the fabric mate. Personally I think the 15 oz texas cotton is the best fabric Samurai makes. Except maybe the geisha which also looks very nice.

Edit: browse through this thread and you'll see plenty of examples of how the different fabrics fades. 

Edited by Bobbo

On 3/23/2018 at 3:12 AM, Niro said:

They've arrived at stores. Mine should be with me next week

I noticed you pretty much have one pair coming over in almost every brand I read about - Momotaro, Samurai, Studio D' artisan to name a few. How do you plan to wear all of them? I am just curious, this is not trying to take a shot at you. I am having a very hard time restricting myself to wear my PBJs every day & not buy anything else.

BTW, here's a pair of Samurai's being discussed elsewhere on the world wide web right now. I must confess I have never seen something this good outside Vintage Levi's. Is that grayish fade pattern similar to the Levi's of the yesteryears? My wallet is not going to be happy about this.

ih4fzu4x7sn01.jpg

Edited by i_denim

I wonder that myself haha. The past year has been a bit mad with the number of pairs that I have bought, but doing it while I can.

I am a perpetual rotator. I can't wear the same pair every day for months, as I get bored quickly. I wear what I want when I fancy it.

2 hours ago, Niro said:

I wonder that myself haha. The past year has been a bit mad with the number of pairs that I have bought, but doing it while I can.

I am a perpetual rotator. I can't wear the same pair every day for months, as I get bored quickly. I wear what I want when I fancy it.

Yup, that’s my approach in a nut shell.