Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

4 minutes ago, redgreen said:

nice fit... how comfortable are they? look pretty tight?

No complaints in terms of comfort - there's just enough room to comfortably move my legs, even with the somewhat rough 17oz fabric. Nothing like my IH-555s which literally made my legs go numb after gaining like, 5 pounds.

13 hours ago, redgreen said:

Fit check...too big? will the S111XJ shrink after a hot rinse? this is a One wash version.  Thanks

DSCF2494.jpg

DSCF2491.jpg

Don’t think they will shrink any further - when they wash them they wash them real good...

besides, sizing down will get you a shorter back length/waist.

looks fine - better cuffed cuffs than too short, right? What size did you get? Been looking at the new Jin jacket as well as the new Yamato jacket, too.

Edited by Foxy2

Yours should be the Jin jackets - using the latest Jin denim and the Jin type number S111XJ (the previous model being S0111XJ).

Here’s the Yamato model (pic stolen from Rakuten):

A4AA3F07-A9C3-4708-A73E-6E73E4E0C1F6.jpeg

Recently: mostly wearing a Bowery Blue Makers early blouson type.

In regards to Samurai I used to wear S40 for Type 1 and 2 and a S42 for Type 3 - would be very interested in the measurements of your jacket as I’m not sure which size to go for...

Here’s my S0111XJ:

eeea39a6b7dbff97490553dd6a3a30a5_zps293d

and Mrs. Foxy in “our” S0222XJ:

418e152fbb532f5bda1bb1f9bbaaf814_zpsca7e

Edited by Foxy2

On 2/16/2018 at 4:19 PM, redgreen said:

Haha.. the fabric must feel nice! how are the fades on these? Im deciding between IH overdyed 14oz and Samurais... the only thing that may turn me away from them is the sewing, any issues there?

So far no issues with the construction! It seems a lot more solid than my S710XXs (where the back pocket stitching started coming undone within a week) and looks more set to hold together.

There was so much I wanted to to like about the 710s but they always felt like a dense rug that faded well when I wore them. The S511NBK has all the charming details (tab/arcs, great back pocket shape) I wanted in a pair of Samurais, but in a better fabric (in my minority opinion) and in a fit I much prefer.

On 2/18/2018 at 2:15 AM, redgreen said:

Yes they are long... my guess is they will settle once you brake in the denim... 

you might loose 1/2 inch (or less) due to to pleats in the elbow section, but this should eventually straighten out with time.

with the old Jin denim you got quite a bit of additional shrinkage over the year - not sure about the latest (3rd) installment.

18 hours ago, STINGER93 said:

So far no issues with the construction! It seems a lot more solid than my S710XXs (where the back pocket stitching started coming undone within a week) and looks more set to hold together.

There was so much I wanted to to like about the 710s but they always felt like a dense rug that faded well when I wore them. The S511NBK has all the charming details (tab/arcs, great back pocket shape) I wanted in a pair of Samurais, but in a better fabric (in my minority opinion) and in a fit I much prefer.

Nice.. enjoy them and give us an update pic...

18 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

you might loose 1/2 inch (or less) due to to pleats in the elbow section, but this should eventually straighten out with time.

with the old Jin denim you got quite a bit of additional shrinkage over the year - not sure about the latest (3rd) installment.

@Foxy2, I wore the jacket today... it was raining, the denim started to mold to my body, I have to say the sleeves look slightly better now... I think this size will work for me.  The denim is like nothing I have felt before, very slubby... highly recommend it.

On 13.1.2018 at 10:43 PM, Tangem2 said:

Also just picked up a pair of S710XX - 2ND - 20th anniversary in size 33. Soaking them now but here are a couple of pics pre-soak along with detailed pics.

IMG_1139.jpg.ae35240d98b331a1d53f710a974bd82b.jpgIMG_1132.jpg.3beaa6dcb01097fa12f0968d4859a9e7.jpgIMG_1133.jpg.2d9592b3264fd99f60353e5a65de1524.jpgIMG_1141.jpg.7462ff213f4de70f12bfd894dff5e483.jpgIMG_1140.jpg.4de6047d6518201d058a59b611962ad7.jpgIMG_1242.jpg.b270cc8a014b736e1ade97b459241331.jpgIMG_1243.jpg.c0744b9a7419eeca4fe8fb66203612d7.jpgIMG_1244.jpg.f9df7a4d1f70811429d49e804ca1ca47.jpg

This denim is 20oz., right? How were the measurements pre-/post-soak?

I ”need” a new pair in 710 cut and since the black 17oz. version in size 32 is out of stock everywhere, it’s between this 2nd 20th Anniversary model and the Samurai’s own 20th Anniversary model; the latter sports the geisha denim, which could be good to have, but I rather do prefer heavier fabrics, plus the official model has no arcs on back-pockets while the 2nd model comes with those pretty swanky red arcs, reminiscent of the S710SJC19OZ-AI which I would insta-cop if I was absolutely bonkers mad (I’m thinking about it, so I just might be)... Has the fabric used for the 2nd 20th Anniversary edition been used berore, how does it compare to geisha?

Edited by Critical Observer

11 hours ago, Critical Observer said:

This denim is 20oz., right? How were the measurements pre-/post-soak?

I ”need” a new pair in 710 cut and since the black 17oz. version in size 32 is out of stock everywhere, it’s between this 2nd 20th Anniversary model and the Samurai’s own 20th Anniversary model; the latter sports the geisha denim, which could be good to have, but I rather do prefer heavier fabrics, plus the official model has no arcs on back-pockets while the 2nd model comes with those pretty swanky red arcs, reminiscent of the S710SJC19OZ-AI which I would insta-cop if I was absolutely bonkers mad (I’m thinking about it, so I just might be)... Has the fabric used for the 2nd 20th Anniversary edition been used berore, how does it compare to geisha?

It is 20oz denim but I’m not sure if it has been used in any other models. I didn’t take pre or post soak measurements but post soak and after a dozen days of wear the waist measures 16.25, 10.25 rise, and 11.25 thigh. So far these are my favorite pair of Samurai jeans pre break in. All the small details in these, the feel of the denim and great fit make me want to order another pair before they’re gone.

On 2/20/2018 at 4:01 AM, redgreen said:

@Foxy2, I wore the jacket today... it was raining, the denim started to mold to my body, I have to say the sleeves look slightly better now... I think this size will work for me.  The denim is like nothing I have felt before, very slubby... highly recommend it.

great!
the first generation Jin denim was amazing (and probably one of the fist slubby denims). the second iteration was underwhelming as everybody was expecting similar slubbiness.

let's see how the third generation will develop...

4 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

great!
the first generation Jin denim was amazing (and probably one of the fist slubby denims). the second iteration was underwhelming as everybody was expecting similar slubbiness.

let's see how the third generation will develop...

I am of the minority, but consider second generation Jin one of the best denims I came across, but I don't care for slubbiness

13 hours ago, Tangem2 said:

It is 20oz denim but I’m not sure if it has been used in any other models. I didn’t take pre or post soak measurements but post soak and after a dozen days of wear the waist measures 16.25, 10.25 rise, and 11.25 thigh. So far these are my favorite pair of Samurai jeans pre break in. All the small details in these, the feel of the denim and great fit make me want to order another pair before they’re gone.

Thanks, it sounds really good except for the rise and the thigh measurement; my 24oz. pair in tag size 32 measure exactly 11" on the front rise, well over 12" for the upper thigh. :wacko: I guess the measurements and the fit vary from run to run but these differences are big enough to be scary.

Did you engage in any sort of correspondence with 2nd prior to ordering?

4 hours ago, Critical Observer said:

Thanks, it sounds really good except for the rise and the thigh measurement; my 24oz. pair in tag size 32 measure exactly 11" on the front rise, well over 12" for the upper thigh. :wacko: I guess the measurements and the fit vary from run to run but these differences are big enough to be scary.

Did you engage in any sort of correspondence with 2nd prior to ordering?

No I preordered them as soon as I saw 2nds listing on rakuten.

On 1/24/2018 at 7:06 PM, kbuzz said:

Can anyone give me some advice on this.. What would be the best size taggedf/new if i wanted to be 35.5-36 post wash shrink..thanks

I am looking at the 20th anniversary version of S710XX 16oz.

Anyone got any information about the denim used.

Any fade pictures or equivalent if it has been used in the past. 

BR / N

4 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

It's the Geisha denim so plenty of examples out there :)

that's interesting. The same denim as the samurai denimio collab from few years back?

From the pics, it looks different to the geisha denim, but maybe it's the way pics are taken and/or i'm just blind

On 1/26/2018 at 3:51 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

It looks pretty much like the 25oz denim they used for the 15th anniversary first and was used on other models ever since.
If it is the same 25oz denim, then it will be darker than the 24oz version.

I chatted w/ Denimio briefly about this 20th anniversary 25oz denim compared to the 15th anniversary, and they told me it's a different denim, and the 20th is organic, the 15th wasn't (if that matters to you or not individually is personal choice/belief). It's not Samurai's home grown cotton. In the pics that all of the sellers have (which appear to all be from the same promo pics), the denim looks darker than the 15th 25oz pair I have, and they are/were quite dark. But they are just pics, and may not be that dark IRL. 

21 minutes ago, Niro said:

ahhh, I didn't realise 2nd were also releasing their own 20th anniversary S710XX 16oz samurai collab.

Yes they dobut they also offer the regular 20th anniversary 710XX and I refered to that one when giving my answer. Didn't want to add more confusion :D