Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the S511NBK. I got some measurements from denimio and the fit seems okay, although I could use some higher rise. They didn't really know much about the fabric. Is this the same 17oz that theyve used in the past? I know the 15oz has a lot of stretch. Anyone know what to expect out of the 17oz?

Hey Everyone,

I'm taking a trip to Japan in April, Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka. Is there a particular samurai store that's best to visit? I was thinking of going to the kyoto store since it's close to my hotel but wasn't sure if there was a better one to check out along the way. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Also hoping the 20th anniversary S526XX are available by that time too to try them in person

Hello All. Was the recent 710 discussion about the 710xx 16oz 2oth anniv model at ok den.? : https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/pre-order-samurai-jeans-s710xx16oz-18-20th-anniversary-selvedge-jeans 

I have never tried a samurai as im long and skinny and the fit pics ive seen in most look like they trend to the retro cut. (which is ok , i have a lot of those already)

Any way, anyone have any thoughts on this anniv model? What makes it different than a regular 71- other than the blue accurates which i like? 

Also if i were to take the plunge on this unsforized option and wanted to be 35 1/2 to 36 waist, anyone have any recommendations as to sizing

thanks

Pre Order  Samurai Jeans S710XX16oz 18 20th Anniversary Selvedge Jean – Okayama Denim.png

8 hours ago, Akruk33 said:

Hey Everyone,

I'm taking a trip to Japan in April, Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka. Is there a particular samurai store that's best to visit? I was thinking of going to the kyoto store since it's close to my hotel but wasn't sure if there was a better one to check out along the way. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Also hoping the 20th anniversary S526XX are available by that time too to try them in person

This is something I'd be interested in knowing also as I'll be visiting my brother who will be doing a two year stint in Japan and while I'm there might as well take the plunge on some local denim that shipping and sizing has restricted me from buying in the past .

Hi,

What’s the fit range across Samurai jeans? Are they all straight wide leg? Anything with a High Rise and a Tapered leg?

They seem to recreate vintage Levi’s fits from the past with one of the best denim and detail today. Interested to learn more about Samurais.

Hey guys, does anyone have experience with the sizing of S710BK17oz-II? I remember some earlier runs of the black version to fit relatively big, does this latest iteration follow the recent trend of shrinking from tag size? I wear S710XX24oz-II in tag size 32" and managed to manipulate them to fit just right, was wondering whether the black version in size 31 would be a shrewd buy/terrible idea. Predictably, Denimio is out of size 32 so it's 31 or nothing.

As for the Anniversary models, I'd love me some of that 25oz action but sadly no 710 cut in this fabric. S511OG25oz-20th could be an idea... Too bad Denimio's estimated measurements are all wonky, as per usual. How is the 511 cut in general? I remember seeing some (albeit very few) fit pics somewhere in this thread but couldn't find them now.

Edit: Turns out no fit pics of 511 cut in this thread - beggars belief I know!

Edited by Critical Observer

On 2/1/2018 at 12:41 PM, kbuzz said:

So for the newb with samuari. If i wanted to  be 35.5 to 36" inches Post soak for the 710xx 16oz 2oth anniv model...would you go for a 35 or 36 on the pre order..thanks

Edited by kbuzz

On 2/3/2018 at 3:49 PM, Critical Observer said:

Hey guys, does anyone have experience with the sizing of S710BK17oz-II? I remember some earlier runs of the black version to fit relatively big, does this latest iteration follow the recent trend of shrinking from tag size? I wear S710XX24oz-II in tag size 32" and managed to manipulate them to fit just right, was wondering whether the black version in size 31 would be a shrewd buy/terrible idea. Predictably, Denimio is out of size 32 so it's 31 or nothing.

As for the Anniversary models, I'd love me some of that 25oz action but sadly no 710 cut in this fabric. S511OG25oz-20th could be an idea... Too bad Denimio's estimated measurements are all wonky, as per usual. How is the 511 cut in general? I remember seeing some (albeit very few) fit pics somewhere in this thread but couldn't find them now.

Edit: Turns out no fit pics of 511 cut in this thread - beggars belief I know!

What do you need to know regarding the S710BK17oz-II? I just soaked my pair in size 29.

Edited by SparhawkJC

On 1/29/2018 at 8:19 PM, Goosyphus said:

I emailed Okayama Denim, and they confirmed indigo, not black.  I laughed at the exact same description on 2nd.  I've read that cell bitch means selvedge, but yeah it just sounds ridiculous.

Yeahh , because japanese pronounce selvedge as "seru-bit-chi" , maybe google translate just plainly change to the closest english word

On 2/1/2018 at 9:28 PM, Akruk33 said:

Hey Everyone,

AFAIK , Samurai Flagship store only at OSAKA. Its in nakatsu area if im not remember it wrong.

The store is quite dark for me to feel or see the texture of each denim , but still a nice shop though

On 2/4/2018 at 2:22 AM, BrownMetallic said:

Sam Jin: Nowadays, these only get worn in winter til early fall. So, thought I’d post some evos before they get put away.

How is the rise fit? isnt it too tight at the crotch area?

4 hours ago, joe_poww said:

Some more detail on my S710xx's

8F26nKh.jpg

Wow, what a hardest core strong natural raw denim evo seen here!!!! Keep them alive for ever and never ever throwing them away!!

On 2/1/2018 at 6:28 AM, Akruk33 said:

Hey Everyone,

Americaya 610 in Ueno (tokyo) has a massive selection.  I bought a pair of 711vx two years ago and a pair of 0500xx just last week.  The guy helping me two years ago was friendly and helpful, whereas the guy last week was super rude -- which is saying a lot for Japan.  If you get a chance, go to denimio in yokohama.  I went last week and their in-person service was great, as well as their samurai inventory

On 2/14/2018 at 2:19 AM, redgreen said:

Hey guys, got my first Samurai jacket, a little concerned with the stitching.  Is this normal of Samurai? should I be asking for a replacement? my main concern is that the stitch is running off the fabric.  

Thanks

stitch.jpg

this happens as the Waistband/hem (?) is stitched right side up (you are looking at the left side/inside) - I wouldn't worry, as long as none of the (double-)chainstitch (type 401) stitches were missed because it's on the inside and there is always the second seam/stitch line to keep things together.

skipped stitches in chainstitch seams, however, would cause the seam to unravel over time.

Edited by Foxy2

4 hours ago, Critical Observer said:

@STINGER93 good stuff mate! After 802 pages, someone in this thread has finally scored a pair of 511! I very much second user @mpukas's request for measurements + fit pics!

Here is a fit pic - I can do more if needed. Still haven't decided if I want to hem them or not - I kind of don't mind a bigger cuff on tighter black jeans...

Measurements (BiG style):

Tagged Size: 30

Waist: 30.5"

Front Rise: 10"

Back Rise: 13.75"

Upper Thigh: 10.75"

Knee: 8"

Leg Opening: 6.75"

Inseam: 38"

Samural Fit.jpg