Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

On 10.1.2018 at 4:38 AM, Tangem2 said:

Couple pics of my new Samurai S3000VX 24oz SGII pre soak.

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

I bought the same model, but unfortunately number too big. Very nice jeans! 

2 hours ago, kevypf597 said:

@knucks those would look like they were pretty much made for you if the thighs were just a touch bigger. Did you put them through the washing machine or just a tub soak?

I bought them second hand and was told soaked. I want to keep them..the thighs actually don't feel tight, they feel more 'just right'. The waist is a bit big.

I can't decide if I should order the same in the S710XXBK because I want a black pair, but all I can find is same size (W33)..

Great updates Tangem2!!!

Hello,

can someone give me some more info about Samurai S511xx does not matter 15,16,17,19 oz because of measurement, silhouette etc. My big one is 34 at normal jeans. Which big should I buy 34 or 35?

On 1/13/2018 at 1:43 PM, Tangem2 said:

Also just picked up a pair of S710XX - 2ND - 20th anniversary in size 33. Soaking them now but here are a couple of pics pre-soak along with detailed pics.

@Tangem2 - any updates on these? Fit pic, measurements? Nice pair! mpp

On 1/16/2018 at 1:32 PM, Jambol said:

Hello,

can someone give me some more info about Samurai S511xx does not matter 15,16,17,19 oz because of measurement, silhouette etc. My big one is 34 at normal jeans. Which big should I buy 34 or 35?

@Jambol I'm also still trying to find info, fit pics, measurements, etc. about the S511, and variety... thnx mpp

Anyone have any got sizing info on the s526xx 20th anniversary model recently shown in the denimo emails.  Thanks 

https://www.denimio.com/s526xx-20th-19oz-20th-anniversary-limited-model-slim-straight.html?utm_source=remarkety&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Pre-Order+Samurai+20th+Anniversary+01.24.2018_1&_rmId=7wpW6eAD2pTWRLeOBVNbIpPbJLLKM

Edited by kbuzz

Lots of 20th Anniversary jeans from Samurai. Here is an interesting pair pre-order from Okayama Denim. S000SJC 20th Anniversary "Homemade" jeans in slim straight. The cotton was grown on a plot of land outside Osaka owned by Samurai. Pricey but a cool idea.

https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/pre-order-samurai-jeans-s000sjc-20th-anniversary-homemade-cotton-selvedge-jeans?utm_source=Okayama+Denim+Newsletter&utm_campaign=3fda3e492c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_25&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5c77529e32-3fda3e492c-430876069&mc_cid=3fda3e492c&mc_eid=e7938c07c1

I had not seen the Okayama Denim description until now, but I don’t think it’s accurate.

Trying to read the spring-summer collection PDF these last few days, I had several doubts about some models, so I asked Denimio.

Mostly thanks to their answer, here is what I know:

There are no 2018 models that are fully made with organic cotton – nonetheless, I hope there’ll be something in the autumn-winter collection.  

The S000SJC model has its weft made from the Japanese Samurai organic cotton.
The warp is made from superior pima cotton, and apparently, it’s not an organic one – although it exists.
Also, no “aizome”, dyeing was made with standard synthetic indigo.

The two heavy weight “OG” models (S510OG25oz-20th & S511OG25oz-20th) are not made with organic cotton at all.
As for 2018, “OG” doesn’t stand for “organic” anymore – I always thought it was before.

In retrospect, I understand that the 2017 S003SJC model has the same difference between warp and weft.

Denimio also told me they’re selling a last year model I wasn’t aware of: the S710SJC19oz-AI – 2nd has it too.
It’s made with the Japanese Samurai organic cotton – but again I’m not sure it’s 100%, warp and weft now... –, but thanks to its price tag of  ¥107,999, it’s a “aizome” one (hand dyed with natural indigo).

Edited by Susumu

Thank you for your due diligence, this was a listing error on our end that we have since edited. After discussing with the Samurai brand and learning more information about the S000SJC jeans that was not listed on the original Spring/Summer PDF from the brand, this is the best description we can provide about the denim:

The Weft is made from Samurai's Organic Cotton, a project of growing their own Japanese organic cotton which started in 2012 (In Japanese, but you can read into it on Samurai's website). The Warp uses the same cotton yarn used for the construction of Samurai's "Yamato" series, including the S001JP and S003JP, a long-staple cotton known for it's softer texture. While Samurai declined to comment on the country origin of the Warp yarn, other examples of some long-staple cotton include Zimbabwe cotton. Our apologies for the listing error, but hope this clears up some confusion!

I like the look of the 16oz denim (of the 20th anniversary pairs), but it's in the 710 cut. I have the 710BKB, and was not really happy with the look of the fit on me. Although i'm quite keen to give it another go.  Also that it was black denim (Black denim seems to just look better tapere & leg hugging).

If it was 511 cut like the 25oz pair, I would go for it no problem. hmmm.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:24 AM, Niro said:

I like the look of the 16oz denim (of the 20th anniversary pairs), but it's in the 710 cut. I have the 710BKB, and was not really happy with the look of the fit on me. Although i'm quite keen to give it another go.  Also that it was black denim (Black denim seems to just look better tapere & leg hugging).

If it was 511 cut like the 25oz pair, I would go for it no problem. hmmm.

I like the look of it too, but I'm curious about how dark it is - is it a really dark indigo or black?  The description on Okayama doesn't say.  What did you not like about the fit of your other 710's?  I've never had a pair of Samurai's and am thinking this 20th anniversary 16oz 710 may be my first.

10 hours ago, Goosyphus said:

I like the look of it too, but I'm curious about how dark it is - is it a really dark indigo or black?  The description on Okayama doesn't say.  What did you not like about the fit of your other 710's?  I've never had a pair of Samurai's and am thinking this 20th anniversary 16oz 710 may be my first.

Yea looking at it several times I also had a thought that this could maybe be black. 

Fit in the legs just felt a bit sloppy to me, but I need to give it another try. I think if it was indigo denim, I would have been fine with it. Black denim just doesn't look good in looser fit (in my opinion).

Loads of guys here love the 710 fit, so if you've checked out measurements and they work for you, then all good

EDIT: I also looked on 2nd rakuten store, doesn't mention there either, but it does have this hilarious description:

"It becomes for 16oz denim of "S710XX". The cloth is familiar "16oz sex appeal cell bitch" in a geisha model."

WTF is 16oz sex appeal cell bitch hahahaha 

Edited by Niro

2 hours ago, Niro said:

Yea looking at it several times I also had a thought that this could maybe be black. 

Fit in the legs just felt a bit sloppy to me, but I need to give it another try. I think if it was indigo denim, I would have been fine with it. Black denim just doesn't look good in looser fit (in my opinion).

Loads of guys here love the 710 fit, so if you've checked out measurements and they work for you, then all good

EDIT: I also looked on 2nd rakuten store, doesn't mention there either, but it does have this hilarious description:

"It becomes for 16oz denim of "S710XX". The cloth is familiar "16oz sex appeal cell bitch" in a geisha model."

WTF is 16oz sex appeal cell bitch hahahaha 

I emailed Okayama Denim, and they confirmed indigo, not black.  I laughed at the exact same description on 2nd.  I've read that cell bitch means selvedge, but yeah it just sounds ridiculous.