Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Additionally, a few photos from my trip to Quebec. Photos are from a hike my friend and I went on North of Quebec City. -30 C, and plenty of snow didn't stop the Samauri's. 

dnrL7iq.jpg

View from the first lookout point

DrSiN8L.jpg

dgh7Tyq.jpg

Frozen jeans and the worst possible footwear for the job.

On 12/31/2017 at 3:07 PM, gfarina55 said:

I do, and in fact I have a BNWT 32w, 21oz. FSOT. (I hope this plug isn't violating any forum rules!) 

I've now had 3 pairs of 711s. The sizing is all over the place. The 17oz 32s and the 21oz 34s are about the same dimensions. The ones I'm selling (32w, 21oz.) were way too tight, although I have the S5000s in 32 also and those fit great. The 711 is a cool fit IMO: low rise, slim thighs, but with a real vintage straight leg look. They are not "skinny jeans" and look great stacked. They are kind of like a slimmer S5000, and the cut is very similar to Strike Gold 1105 & 5105. I should also say I prefer the 21oz. to the 17oz. The 17VX is great, but the 21VX is something special.

Not sure what you mean about the selvedge line...mine all look normal.

I just started wearing my 711vx 17oz again. They are a nice fit if you don't mind low rise. What do you find special with the 21oz pair? Are they still comfortable at that weight?

I wanted that pair a year ago then lost interest. My interest is now peaked again. 

On 1/5/2018 at 3:58 PM, SmokeStackLightning said:

I just started wearing my 711vx 17oz again. They are a nice fit if you don't mind low rise. What do you find special with the 21oz pair? Are they still comfortable at that weight?

I wanted that pair a year ago then lost interest. My interest is now peaked again. 

Well, I'm a sucker for the 21oz. VX/Zero denim, so I try and snag it in any cut I can. The 21oz. were a tough break in w/the low rise. I wore them every day for 3 weeks and was wondering if they were going to work, but then one day...second skin. What size do you have in the 17oz.? I recommend sizing up one for the 21oz. 

7 hours ago, gfarina55 said:

Well, I'm a sucker for the 21oz. VX/Zero denim, so I try and snag it in any cut I can. The 21oz. were a tough break in w/the low rise. I wore them every day for 3 weeks and was wondering if they were going to work, but then one day...second skin. What size do you have in the 17oz.? I recommend sizing up one for the 21oz. 

I'm a 34 in the 17oz, seems 2nd has a size 35 in stock at the moment as well. 

Got some good wear on my s710xx after cleaning out my room at my parents house. really loving how soft the denim is despite its weight, and i'm in love with the cut. they would be my favourite jeans if they were hemmed a bit shorter.

-pNGmr_SzoQ35gBxD7LAFtPieOq0BliNVf3AjQvL

iXMIdpgyX2d9xYlxaf3IMV6jjq4NqBo-nMIdNv1T

iLwb-wyWfHu_3erTglMG57bY_yhevznGcxca96hW

On 2018-01-05 at 5:56 AM, pat0 said:

Hi ! ,I need some advice. I wear size 32 on TCB 50's and resolute 710. Which size will fit well for samurai model s710xx 19oz and s5000vx 17oz ? thank you very much :D

I would choose the same size. But measure your tcb and resolute and compare to the measurments of samurai to be certain. 

I'd like some advice. I have the Sugarcane 1947 (SC1947) in a waist 31, one-wash. They fit well from the get-go, a bit tight (just a very small bit). What's a comparable Samurai jean? I want heavier denim. I thought about the Iron Heart but the rise seems to be much lower..

On 05.01.2018 at 5:56 AM, pat0 said:

Hi ! ,I need some advice. I wear size 32 on TCB 50's and resolute 710. Which size will fit well for samurai model s710xx 19oz and s5000vx 17oz ? thank you very much :D

I wear TCB 50's and TCB 50 slim in size 30 and would wear the S710XX 19oz in 31 with a cold wash and 32 with hot wash and a little bit upsized. I do have a size 30 S5000VX that fits me perfectly but it's a lot10. so sizing might have changed in the last 10 years ahaha.

well, I wish these were a bit higher rise. Anyone want? $225 shipped USA

soaked only. worn a few times.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Tagged Size 33x36

Waist:             33
Inseam:          34.5
Front Rise:     11
Back Rise:      14.5
Thigh:             11.75
Knee:              9
Leg Opening:  7.75

Edited by knucks

15 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Most black Samurai jeans are in the 710 cut. Then there is a new 511 but the rise isn't that high AFAIK. Also the 5000 comes in black but has a mid rise at best, lower than 710.

There was a black 3000VX nearly 10 years ago...that would be the only higher rise model I know of.

Thanks. I did see the 3000vx but thats pretty wide leg aye?

On 10.1.2018 at 9:59 AM, rbbtncd said:

S510xx21oz about 400 days, 4 washes.

I love this ongoing strong natural raw denim evolution a lot!!