Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

2 hours ago, gfarina55 said:

Does anyone know if 2nd accepts exchanges? Just got these from 2nd, awesome service, but they are unfortunately a size too small, WAY smaller than my 17oz. 711s in the same tag size. SO, not I have no less than 3 pairs of Samurai's I'm looking to swap! If anyone's interested, measurements are below and I'd swap these for something a bit bigger in the thigh and rise, or sell for $250 (I paid $300 w/shipping).

Tag: 32

Waist: 16"
FR: 9.5"
BR 13"
Thigh: 11"
Knee: 8.5"
Hem: 7.75"

Awreome looking jeans!!

I would love to get them, but no money

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Anyone here familiar with the S710XX 19oz .

I am thinking of grabbing me a pair. But am thinking about sizing shrinking after soak / wash.

I opted for a pair of 34 in both my PBJs. And I have been using 33 in my IHs.

How much do they shrink. SHould I go up a size or go tts.`?

On 5/8/2017 at 11:25 AM, FreeCharlesManson said:

picked these up from Americaya in Ueno on a trip to Tokyo. I'm really impressed with how hairy and comfortable the denim is. not sure when I'll get around to wearing them seriously because i want to fade my fullcounts first. i was playing with many different cuff styles because i'm not sure how i want to wear these yet. i'm pretty happy with the fit of these jeans because the thigh is so much wider than all my other pairs and thee taper is very comfortable. if i haven't grown by the time i start wearing these daily i might wash again with a machine dry in order to shrink the length and soften them up. the Japanese man said they could shrink up to 8inches not sure if that's happened to anyone but i imagine he meant cm.

Measurements:

pre-wash

waist: 77cm

front rise: 28cm

back rise: 36cm

thigh: 29cm

knee: 22cm

leg opening: 20cm

inseam: 89cm

post-wash

waist: 72cm

front rise: 26cm

back rise: 36cm

thigh: 28cm

knee: 21cm

leg opening: 19cm

inseam: 86cm

7WP2N2f.jpg

eGiJlDU.jpg

0iYdWG5.jpg

bgoOV24.jpg

qt0VdAx.jpg

LecjwrZ.jpg

4TqTImw.jpg

mine didn't shrink a crazy amount but i only cold washed in the washing machine. i'm usually a 29 or a 30 waist. probably could've gotten away with a 29 + some stretch 

8 hours ago, nizzel55 said:

Anyone here familiar with the S710XX 19oz .

I am thinking of grabbing me a pair. But am thinking about sizing shrinking after soak / wash.

I opted for a pair of 34 in both my PBJs. And I have been using 33 in my IHs.

How much do they shrink. SHould I go up a size or go tts.`?

I am a comfortable 33 in most jeans and went with a 33 in these.   I gave them two hot initial soaks and have not noticed any major shrink in subsequent machine washes. If anything they are a bit loose in the waist, so i would not recommend sizing up. Some people even suggest sizing down one.  

If you are between a 33 and a 34 I would pick the 33 in 710. You can always measure the jeans you mentioned and pick the samurai size that is more likely to shrink to those measurements.  

Awesome updates  n0torius!!!!

Hi y'all,

I've been lurking on the board for the past few months after buying my first pair of raw denim (3sixteen CT-100), soaking up the as much info as I can from you good folks of superdenim. My excitement and enthusiasm drove me to dive headfirst into the pool of unsanforized denim. Unfortunately, it appears I dove into the shallow end and said pool was low on water to begin with.

Using the info and measurement guides on the board, I sized down 1 and purchased a pair of Samurai 0500xx, 15 oz, size 34 (lot 20). They are gorgeous, a different animal than the 3-16s. The measurement guide provided by the vendor I used indicated the waist was 34.6 inches. However, they are bang on 34 in the waist and a hair too snug prior to soaking. I'm concerned I won't be able to fit into them after a soak/warm wash.

I'm looking for guidance from those who have experience with Samurais. Pre-soak, will the jeans stretch out if I wear them for a couple weeks and, if so, how much? How much shrinkage can I expect from a soak/warm wash? Post-soak, will the jeans stretch back out past the original 34 waist? Anyone in the market for a once-worn pair of 0500xx's? Goddamn it, what have I done/gotten myself into?!?!

Looking forward to your advice and (light) ridicule.

@Josh'N'Roll Just how snug are they right now?  Once they shrink, they will stretch back to and possibly beyond the raw measurement.  But if they are so snug right now that losing another inch or so would be unbearable, and you didn't feel like trying to exchange/sell them, you could think about wearing them for a little bit to stretch the waist before you shrink them.  Consider how they fit you now, and how you want them to fit, and soak/wash accordingly -- a hot wash/machine dry will get max shrinkage, so you may want to start with a soak and hang dry, and see how they are from there.  Good luck

Thanks for the advice, @HGS. The 0500xx actually fit pretty well after a day of wear. The waist stretched to 34.5", but I could still use another half inch for them to be perfect. I can't return them because i got them during a special promotion and the jeans are not eligible for return or exchange. I'll likely give them a cold soak and hang dry, then wear them for a few weeks to see if they loosen up. Thanks again!

On ‎02‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 12:26 PM, Josh'N'Roll said:

Thanks for the advice, @HGS. The 0500xx actually fit pretty well after a day of wear. The waist stretched to 34.5", but I could still use another half inch for them to be perfect. I can't return them because i got them during a special promotion and the jeans are not eligible for return or exchange. I'll likely give them a cold soak and hang dry, then wear them for a few weeks to see if they loosen up. Thanks again!

I am curious to know the wash results....

Sure thing, @GautamKrisna. Below are the measurements pre-soak and after a lukewarm soak and dry. A couple of things to note: brand new, the waist measured 34 inches. I wore them for a day and they stretched a bit, so they were 34.5 inches in the waist when I soaked them.

Samurai 0500xx tag size 34 - Pre-soak

Waist - 17 1/4" (34 1/2")

Front rise - 11 1/4"

Back rise - 15 1/8"

Thigh @ crotch - 13 1/4"; thigh 2" down - 12 3/4"

Knee - 9 5/8"

Hem - 9 1/8"

Post-soak

Waist - 16 1/2" (33")

Front rise - 11 1/4"

Back rise - 15"

Thigh @ crotch - 12 3/4"; thigh 2" down - 12 1/4"

Knee - 9 3/8"

Hem - 8 3/4"

Inseam - 35 1/2" (didn't measure pre-soak)

I wore them this evening for a couple hours and it is going to take a while for gravity (or, rather, the force one's gut places on the waistband of a pair of raw jeans) to work its magic and stretch these puppies out. Everything fits well except for the waist which is snug when standing, but tough to take sitting down. My other pair of raw denim also measured 33 in the waist when I got them, so I am hoping the Samurai stretch with regular wear.

11 hours ago, Josh'N'Roll said:

Sure thing, @GautamKrisna. Below are the measurements pre-soak and after a lukewarm soak and dry. A couple of things to note: brand new, the waist measured 34 inches. I wore them for a day and they stretched a bit, so they were 34.5 inches in the waist when I soaked them.

Samurai 0500xx tag size 34 - Pre-soak

Waist - 17 1/4" (34 1/2")

Front rise - 11 1/4"

Back rise - 15 1/8"

Thigh @ crotch - 13 1/4"; thigh 2" down - 12 3/4"

Knee - 9 5/8"

Hem - 9 1/8"

Post-soak

Waist - 16 1/2" (33")

Front rise - 11 1/4"

Back rise - 15"

Thigh @ crotch - 12 3/4"; thigh 2" down - 12 1/4"

Knee - 9 3/8"

Hem - 8 3/4"

Inseam - 35 1/2" (didn't measure pre-soak)

I wore them this evening for a couple hours and it is going to take a while for gravity (or, rather, the force one's gut places on the waistband of a pair of raw jeans) to work its magic and stretch these puppies out. Everything fits well except for the waist which is snug when standing, but tough to take sitting down. My other pair of raw denim also measured 33 in the waist when I got them, so I am hoping the Samurai stretch with regular wear.

Best of luck with that, happy fading...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2017 at 10:42 AM, beardy3344 said:

Sounds like the 16oz ones use the Geisha denim, a nice option for anyone who missed the Denimio collabs.

I could be wrong here but I was reading the description on 2nd and I was lead to believe that the denim is reactive dyed and doesn’t fade. Hence the N in NBK, but I could be totally wrong. They look like nice jeans, I’m still looking for a good pair of black jeans but I’d prefer a pair that fades. 

oh damn... I don't mind too much about non fading black jeans, but I guess I still want them to fade a little haha. Damn yeah, still on the hunt for a nice fitting pair of black denim

Edit: Yeah went back and it does mention being harder to fade than old BKB. Damn

Edited by d-rew12

I do, and in fact I have a BNWT 32w, 21oz. FSOT. (I hope this plug isn't violating any forum rules!) 

I've now had 3 pairs of 711s. The sizing is all over the place. The 17oz 32s and the 21oz 34s are about the same dimensions. The ones I'm selling (32w, 21oz.) were way too tight, although I have the S5000s in 32 also and those fit great. The 711 is a cool fit IMO: low rise, slim thighs, but with a real vintage straight leg look. They are not "skinny jeans" and look great stacked. They are kind of like a slimmer S5000, and the cut is very similar to Strike Gold 1105 & 5105. I should also say I prefer the 21oz. to the 17oz. The 17VX is great, but the 21VX is something special.

Not sure what you mean about the selvedge line...mine all look normal.

Edited by gfarina55