Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Size 32 710xx 19oz measurements after a couple of washes and 12-18 months of wear. I can't recall the lot number but I bought them at BIG in 2014.

Waist 32.5
Front rise  10.8
Back Rise 14.8
Thigh 12.2
Knee 9
Inseam 33 (hemmed to 33)
Hem 8

Edited by tigerstrom

On 10/10/2017 at 2:02 AM, Mongmeohotdau814 said:

sorry. can anybody give me measurements of 710xx 19oz? (thigh, waist and Front rise. 

with the measurement of denimio

). size 31 or 32. i need to know after soaking and wear. how much they stretch ^^ thank you, help me

I've just measured a pair that I have, I purchased them from the Samurai head store, Osaka In 2015. They are stiil tagged and unworn so no stretch. Size Is 31.

Waist (measured laid flat along the back with natural dip at the front) = 15.5" So bang on 31 as tagged!

Front rise 11"

Thigh (measured directly under crotch) 12.25"

So the measurements appear to be similar to a 32 apart from the waist. At least now you have measurements for a worn 32 and an unworn 31.

Here are pics of my S510OG 16oz AK 16th Anniversary; natural indigo warp and persimmon weft. These have been my go-to jeans during and after the DWC (in which I wore tapered IH634XHS, but were a size too small so I bailed early). They have about 9 +/- months total wear and a least as many, if not more, washes. These are size 33, and fit very well, but I'd prefer a 34 to be a little more comfy in the waist. The fit pics are right after a wash, and they'll stretch a little the waist and hips. They've lost a lot of the really dark color since new. The outside pics are little washed out from the morning sun, and are a little lighter than IRL. Overall, these are probably my favorite pair that I own right now - simply gorgeous jeans, very well made, great pockets. My onl;y complaint is Samurai uses cotton thread, and there are many places where the threads are breaking. The denim is amazing with lots of subtle texture and color. 

First pic is brand new, unwashed, unhemmed for reference

20150818_084859.jpg

20171014_091523.jpg

20171014_091738.jpg

20171014_091613.jpg

The jeans are fresh from a wash in these outside pics. The "dirt" visible in the close-up is from dust on the deck. 

20171014_092442.jpg

20171014_092505.jpg

20171014_092536.jpg

20171014_092626.jpg

20171014_092608.jpg

Edited by mpukas

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, tigerstrom said:

I was about to post the same!

If only every retailer DID measure like that. I've always assumed that was the industry standard way to measure. But I've learned from negative experience it isn't. Lately, if it really matters to me, I've asked for measurement verification (especially on leg dimension on tapers where it will be hemmed), Jay at Blue Owl was very, very kind to do for me on THREE pairs of the same size, to get a benchmark, so he totally gets it.

Guys, long time lurker, first time poster here... I haven’t felt the need to contribute as I’ve been just enjoying the wealth of knowledge on display here, but I could use some words of wisdom now.

S710XX 24 oz. is available again in its 2nd incarnation; as BiG don’t carry Sammys anymore and as Denimio’s measurements chart is as unhelpful as ever, I had a quick word with their (Russian?) CS person on their live chat. Kindly see the attached image for their measurements for tag sizes 32 & 33. It appears other measurements are just about the same but there’s a huge gap between the waist measurements; could this be true or is the tighter waist likely to lead to tighter fit around seat and hips in general, albeit not immediately apparent looking at the chart (same front rise, almost the same thigh)?

Seeing how size 32 starts from 32” waist while 33 clocks in at almost 34”, which one would I be advised to pick if I was aiming at a 32.5”ish waist post-soak and post- stretching them back out? 32 would seem the likelier candidate but if they shrink by 1”+ to sub-31” levels, I won’t be able to get them on to start the stretching. OTOH, looking at people’s fit pics, I think this cut is at its most flattering when worn “slim”, so getting the size just right seems of paramount importance.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions/inane banter you might be able to send to my general direction.

56E92215-F54A-485C-B696-D68E904D77FD.jpeg

Edited by Critical Observer

Maybe you can ask them to look for a size 32 which measures bigger in the waist, more like 33". Or you could try to shrink the size 33 down a lot. 

With getting older I always tend to go for the bigger size these days. 

If I remember correctly, the 24oz denim stretches back and beyond raw measurements. But I only have experience with a soaked pair, not a pair washed several times in the machine. 

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

mememessanger: Great looking jeans! Rock them the hardcore way for ever

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:08 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Maybe you can ask them to look for a size 32 which measures bigger in the waist, more like 33". Or you could try to shrink the size 33 down a lot. 

With getting older I always tend to go for the bigger size these days. 

If I remember correctly, the 24oz denim stretches back and beyond raw measurements. But I only have experience with a soaked pair, not a pair washed several times in the machine. 

Cheers. After lots of umming and erring (and watching size 33 go out of stock, as it were), I ordered the 32 and asked them to look for a bigger running specimen.

Cue the inevitable "BNWT 710XX 24 oz. size 32" in the classifieds in about a week...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:46 PM, Critical Observer said:

Cheers. After lots of umming and erring (and watching size 33 go out of stock, as it were), I ordered the 32 and asked them to look for a bigger running specimen.

Cue the inevitable "BNWT 710XX 24 oz. size 32" in the classifieds in about a week...

So got the jeans, finally (got rogered up the ol' gary glitter pretty hard by the customs, oh well), and the tag size 32 specimen they sent to me claiming it'd measure 84cm (33") on the waist turned out to be bang on 32" and that's being generous... Otherwise the fit seemed promising so into the (lukewarm) drink they went, and after a couple of hours of soaking I tossed 'em into the washing machine, 30'C and no spin.

The waist shrank to a hair over 30" while the inseam lost around 2"; predictably, they got a bit more snug all around and I'm really digging them at this point, the slight discomfort on the gut not-withstanding (just got the final button buttoned up, so that's sorted). To my most pleasant surprise the front rise came through unscathed (11" going in, 11" coming out), I really didn't want to lose any of that.

It's been mentioned more than a couple of times that this 24/27oz. fabric keeps on shrinking on subsequent washes; considering the routine I pulled so far (lukewarm soak for 2,5 hours, warm wash for 1,5 hours, no spin no tumble dry), should I try and give them another soak/wash/both at these early stages?

Fit pics later, possibly a double-whammy with my shiny new White's Smoke Jumpers.

FWIW I usually give my new jeans another wash after wearing them for about a week (after initial 1 or 2 washes). I want to make sure I get all the shrink out, so when the creases start to set in they won't move if they shrink with future washing. However I've found minimal shrink left after the first 2 washes, consistently across almost all jeans I own/have owned. 

Looking forward to fit pics. The 710XX 24 oz is a pair I've been eyeing for a couple years, but never pulled the trigger... 

If anyone's interested, I have a pair of S5000VX 21oz. 33w, and S003JP Yamato 34w that are both a size too big for me. I'd love to swap for a size smaller of each, and would even try the S5000VXs in 31w. The 33w S5000s are my second try and STILL too big. I'd also consider other Samurai models if someone wants to swap? I have lots more photos...some signs of wear but these are basically just getting started.

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

Edited by gfarina55

I've ordered from 2nd several times. Good shop, reputable and trustworthy. Their English is so-so, but transactions and shipping to US have always been fine. It's well known that they won't measure anything though. 

12 hours ago, Robert Langdon said:

Thanks you guys! Turns out the last size 36 was sold within hours of my email to them. Bummer

Ordered right size, resend is not at the company! 

Does anyone know if 2nd accepts exchanges? Just got these from 2nd, awesome service, but they are unfortunately a size too small, WAY smaller than my 17oz. 711s in the same tag size. SO, now I have no less than 3 pairs of Samurai's I'm looking to swap! If anyone's interested, measurements are below and I'd swap these for something a bit bigger in the thigh and rise, or sell for $250 (I paid $300 w/shipping).

Tag: 32

Waist: 16"
FR: 9.5"
BR 13"
Thigh: 11"
Knee: 8.5"
Hem: 7.75"

IMG_1655.jpeg

Edited by gfarina55

1 hour ago, chantheman said:

hidden rivet no more on my 0500's

IMG_1577.JPG