Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have a samurai t shirt? Just wanted to know how they fit compared to other brands like studio d artisan , flat head etc. Im usually an Xl or 42 in those brands. Cheers 

thinking of a new pair of sams, maybe something abit wider/ relaxed to my 710's/ S0500's. was thinking of the S5000vx 21oz (just seen denimio have had a restock). is the fit a lot wider to the 710's. also is ok to sd1, my 710's are 34 which is ttf.

I'm a sz 30 and have the S5000 21oz in 29, SD1 worked perfectly for me - but I seem to remember that recently Samurai waists got a bit smaller so I'd have Denimio measure an actual pair to make sure it's not too small.

Cut-wise the S5000 isn't much wider than the 710s in the top block, just not tapered below the knee . It's a slim straight cut.

@beautiful_FrEaK

Both jeans were worn infrequently for about 8yrs.

Unlike per usual wash+hangdry, these were wash&tumbledryed[hot] on a regular basis.  

IMO, the thing with this paricular method  is that__  the seam gets max puckering. As a result,  the corrugated track catches more ataris  [on the raised surface] ... visually enhancing definition.  

The down-side tho is that, it takes much longer & more intense wear to develop decent combs ... from personal experience, of course:D

On 7/21/2017 at 1:13 AM, j0el2 said:

If I had known about the fading benefits of tumble drying, I wouldve done it much sooner to my older pairs.

Too much mysticism over washing/drying may actually prevent cool fades. Train tracks > Combs IMO but youve got both on those pair @BrownMetallic

Not really that simple__  from experience, it depends on the denim.  Slow-faders like the prodn sdas,  it's more of a conscious choice__ tracks or combs ... biceps or calves ;)

Like, probabilities of forming fab combs on those are best when denim still has that crispness, IMO  ... & if you look at those vintage fade 501s w/fabulous corrugated high-def tracks, a lot them got lame honeycombs__  those went on the normal [wash&dry] frequency route early on in their evo. 

My 500s & 101s were both loose when I 1st got them, so i thought I'd treat them on a nostalgic journey__ like my 1st 501 shrink-to-fit did back in highschool.  As a result, they were flat @backknee ... took me years to get a half-decent combs on them.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Greetings everyone, been a while since I've posted figured I'd leave you guys with some updates. 

I finally washed my S710xx24OZ , been rocking since 11/5/15. During this period I had about 4 to 5 crotch blowouts , random wear and tear plus my waist tag is destroyed lol. Overall these have been my favorite project. I got my waist size, could of sized up one(recommended) but I love the fit. I would honestly like for samurai push the boundaries even further adding more ozs and maybe even do a cut similar to Dior jp 17.5. I'll have some post sea wash pics up later. 

Cheers! 

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

On 4/17/2017 at 0:30 PM, 1fookntitefd said:

Don't know if this has been asked already but does Blue in Green still carry Samurai Jeans? I went to their website last night and it looks like they only sell chinos and belts now...

Don't know if anyone answered but when I went into BIG soho the sales associate was telling me that they're reworking what they carry from samurai. Pretty much it sounded like they weren't going to be carrying samurai anymore. But we'll see , im keeping my fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, smittydadon said:

Don't know if anyone answered but when I went into BIG soho the sales associate was telling me that they're reworking what they carry from samurai. Pretty much it sounded like they weren't going to be carrying samurai anymore. But we'll see , im keeping my fingers crossed. 

That's good to know....did they have anything stocked in store beyond what is on the website? I really hope BIG continues to carry Samurai. We need more US based retailers carrying this brand.

10 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

That's good to know....did they have anything stocked in store beyond what is on the website? I really hope BIG continues to carry Samurai. We need more US based retailers carrying this brand.

I agree it sucks that's there's literally no retailers for samurai in the US. They did not have anything in stock when I went there as far as denim goes. 

23 minutes ago, smittydadon said:

I agree it sucks that's there's literally no retailers for samurai in the US. They did not have anything in stock when I went there as far as denim goes. 

But at the same time Samurai is more available and affordable than ever with Denimio and Okayama Denim carrying the full line.

27 minutes ago, SparhawkJC said:

But at the same time Samurai is more available and affordable than ever with Denimio and Okayama Denim carrying the full line.

True, I just enjoyed having a retailer in NYC. I can go in, try them on ... now I have to order and hope the fit is what I was expecting lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

710 19oz, worn after work and weekends/vacations since last June. Two washes. This denim comes more alive as time goes on and of course, depending on lighting. This is close to the true color, still very dark but with lots of texture developing as the white starts to pop

20170815_182507.thumb.jpg.4f8c9c3d1fa6f62210802754109f341e.jpg

Attach14186_20170816_183022.thumb.jpg.629178285488c2cdc0e82e9c169f0627.jpg

All - I have those pants. The fabric is really cool looking and I'd like to understand better what it is and how it differs from other denims: https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sakurastyle-kobe/item/smj-m01134/

Is it alternating L&R twill? Should I expect anything different than from other denims over time?

Also, how different do you think it is from the fabric on those shirts: https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/firstadium/item/10013189/

Thanks!

yes, it is a twill weave with alternating left hand and right hand sections. this pattern is called herringbone. these fabrics, when woven tighter, can be used for waxing, finishing, coating to make them more wind and water proof.
can't speak much for the this particular pair without touching the fabric, but you can certainly expect that there will be little to no leg twist - if the fabrc is without defect.

the shirt is of the same kind of weave and pattern.

Edited by Foxy2

On 8.8.2017 at 4:01 PM, PhilipOng said:

Samurai Wind 7y++

1 Initial Soak

0 Soak

1 Hand Wash

99999999 Rain Soak

1501340236230.jpg

1501340225925.jpg

Wiw what a hardcore denim evo seen here!!!

Keep them alive for ever!!!

On 7.8.2017 at 4:52 AM, smittydadon said:

Greetings everyone, been a while since I've posted figured I'd leave you guys with some updates. 

I finally washed my S710xx24OZ , been rocking since 11/5/15. During this period I had about 4 to 5 crotch blowouts , random wear and tear plus my waist tag is destroyed lol. Overall these have been my favorite project. I got my waist size, could of sized up one(recommended) but I love the fit. I would honestly like for samurai push the boundaries even further adding more ozs and maybe even do a cut similar to Dior jp 17.5. I'll have some post sea wash pics up later. 

Cheers! 

Did you take any pre wash pics to compare with the postwash pics?