Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

3 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

I think that the Blue and Green method calls for the front and rear waistbands to be aligned before measuring...

guess i can't read not sure how much it would change the measurements 

16 hours ago, Alese007 said:

Hello!!

This is my first post. Seems to be a lot of knowledge here when it comes to Samurai. I have a fairly good idea of what I want, and the S0511XX seems to tick all the boxes. I have not managed to find much info on that particular fit though.

To achieve my desired leg opening I would need a size 29. This would probably be somewhat tight in the waist, even when raw/pre-wash. But as long as it stretches back or just a bit further, I will be ok. Would it be a bad idea to size tight in the waist when raw?

For reference, I did this with a pair of Oni Secret Denim. They shrunk to be ridiculously tight but now I consider them my best fitting pair. But Oni is supposed to be loose weave, will the Samurai's tighter weave make the stretching of the waist harder? Conversely, will the tighter weave also make it shrink less..?

Lastly, I will probably need hemming. And I haven't found any post-wash measurements. How much will the inseam shrink?

Any info on this particular fit or fabric would be much appreciated!

Anyone have any info on this?

My two cents is to definitely not tailor your waist size to fit your desire for smaller leg opening. If it's too small raw, you're going to end up with pants you can't fit into that have an awesome leg opening size...

3 hours ago, Vulcan said:

My two cents is to definitely not tailor your waist size to fit your desire for smaller leg opening. If it's too small raw, you're going to end up with pants you can't fit into that have an awesome leg opening size...

Sound advice!

Yes, this is something I've realized after thinking about it. Not smart to buy really tight when unsanforized.

I will def chose one size up, which should be the right size for me anyway.

Awesome denim evo updates corporalclegg, atchong and d-rew12

And I love the strong gowing patina on your brothers Sammies corporalclegg

On June 4, 2017 at 11:16 PM, d-rew12 said:

Gave my 0500's another wash. something like 18.5-19 montsh and 11 washes. Another hole in the crotch. These are falling apart

YCsNSwO.jpg

zAfj1TA.jpg

I3nEj6L.jpg

XilK4da.jpg

YH8uKIl.jpg

drew were these the one wash version

Edited by D'eVils

I'm on my 3rd pair of s0500's and will be treating myself to a new pair of jeans shortly.

I love the 15oz denim of these,. The weight is perfect for the UK. Not too heavy for our warmer days, not too light for our colder. i  love the feel & the fade BUT would ideally like a slightly higher rise, and a slight taper from knee to hem (around .5 inch would be ample)

Do any other of Samurais jeans use the same denim but have the different shape I'm after?

Edited by Mr Black
update

3 hours ago, Mr Black said:

I'm on my 3rd pair of s0500's and will be treating myself to a new pair of jeans shortly.

I love the 15oz denim of these,. The weight is perfect for the UK. Not too heavy for our warmer days, not too light for our colder. i  love the feel & the fade BUT would ideally like a slightly higher rise, and a slight taper from knee to hem (around .5 inch would be ample)

Do any other of Samurais jeans use the same denim but have the different shape I'm after?

The new 511 would have a stronger taper but I don't think the rise is higher. And the 0510 would have a higher rise but is generally wider than the 0500 as you certainly now. So you might be out of luck.