Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

On 5/5/2017 at 0:43 AM, binsentow said:

I just bought a pair of s510xx and there is denim sticking out from the rivets. Is it fine to cut it off with a razor?

@binsentow - congrats on that purchase. S510 is one of my favorites. I have the 25oz GA 15th anniversary in size 34, and 16oz OG AK 16th anniversary in size 33. 

The sizing and cut is a little different on each, though. The 25oz ran a tad big, and the 16oz ran a tad small. I still love and wear both regularly. I just had the 25oz taperd to a 8.25" hem opening by RCFG, and as usual they did a superb job. I did it because it don't usually wear my jeans cuffed and I don't like the hem dragging on the ground. It took me some time to get used tot he new profile, but now I like it. 

I've been eyeing the S510XX 21oz for a long time. What size did you get, and can you post measurements? Pre- and Post- shrink if possible. Fit pics too if you get a chance. Thanks! mpp

picked these up from Americaya in Ueno on a trip to Tokyo. I'm really impressed with how hairy and comfortable the denim is. not sure when I'll get around to wearing them seriously because i want to fade my fullcounts first. i was playing with many different cuff styles because i'm not sure how i want to wear these yet. i'm pretty happy with the fit of these jeans because the thigh is so much wider than all my other pairs and thee taper is very comfortable. if i haven't grown by the time i start wearing these daily i might wash again with a machine dry in order to shrink the length and soften them up. the Japanese man said they could shrink up to 8inches not sure if that's happened to anyone but i imagine he meant cm.

Measurements:

pre-wash

waist: 77cm

front rise: 28cm

back rise: 36cm

thigh: 29cm

knee: 22cm

leg opening: 20cm

inseam: 89cm

post-wash

waist: 72cm

front rise: 26cm

back rise: 36cm

thigh: 28cm

knee: 21cm

leg opening: 19cm

inseam: 86cm

7WP2N2f.jpg

eGiJlDU.jpg

0iYdWG5.jpg

bgoOV24.jpg

qt0VdAx.jpg

LecjwrZ.jpg

4TqTImw.jpg

2 hours ago, Vulcan said:

Perfect fit! Those look great, hope you enjoy 'em. Definitely won't get 8 inches of shrink out of the inseam, it'd be terrifying if you did.

yeah i was super confused/surprised when he said that, i know enough that jeans shouldn't shrink 8 inches wasn't willing to risk it given these are my first unsanforized and i bought them in japan 

9 minutes ago, FreeCharlesManson said:

yes i really like it the hairiest denim I own, makes it nice and soft

I own these but they don't fit nearly as good. These and the Full Count pair you posted in the other thread look great!

4 minutes ago, VivaMarlon said:

I own these but they don't fit nearly as good. These and the Full Count pair you posted in the other thread look great!

Thanks I'm pretty satisfied with the fit on both as well.

Hello everybody! 

I'm new to the raw denim game and just bought a pair of S5000VX 17oz.

Soaked and started to wear them, overall I'm pleased but I find there is some excess in the upper thigh area, where I'm showing in the pic. 

Also would like a slimmer cut from the knee down to the opening, as these are super roomy. 

The closing button area and the rest of the thighs is good.

Which model would you suggest? 

Thanks for the help! 

IMG_2673.JPG

Edited by Luca79

The hip flare on your pair might go away after the fabric is broken in and softer. The S5000 is a straight cut so was probably the wrong pair from the get go.
If you need a pair with stronger taper you could look into the S710 or S0511. The S711 is also slimmer but with a rater straight leg (slim though). S003JP might also be an option.

Great thank you! 

The S5000VX are size 33 and they are ok at the waist, with the last button just a little hard to fit.  But I've been wearing them for a week, maybe they will stretch.

Should I stay with size 33 on the S710XX in your opinion? 

I'm not sure about how differ they fit at the waist and how does the XX denim stretch over time.

Thanks

I used to be the same size in the 5000 cut (21 oz however) and the 710 XX, but it's been a while since I bought them. If the 5000 fits good in 33 it should be safe to go with the same size (preferably the same Lot Number), but maybe you can find a retailer that measures a pair for you to compare. The 710 has a slightly higher rise and will shrink about 1" in the waist but Stretch back to presoak size, just like the 17 oz denim.

Edited by Max Power

Can anybody comment on the cotton on the current lot of 710xx? I had a pair of these back in 2013 and remember them being literally perfect... not sure what lot number it was back then... just looking to see if samurai has made any major changes

On 5/15/2017 at 0:11 PM, udon said:

Can anybody comment on the cotton on the current lot of 710xx? I had a pair of these back in 2013 and remember them being literally perfect... not sure what lot number it was back then... just looking to see if samurai has made any major changes

I just bought a pair in Tokyo lot 19 the denim feels super nice hairy and soft. not sure about the cotton stitching haven't worn them long but i haven't noticed any issues i posted some pics earlier

Hello!!

This is my first post. Seems to be a lot of knowledge here when it comes to Samurai. I have a fairly good idea of what I want, and the S0511XX seems to tick all the boxes. I have not managed to find much info on that particular fit though.

To achieve my desired leg opening I would need a size 29. This would probably be somewhat tight in the waist, even when raw/pre-wash. But as long as it stretches back or just a bit further, I will be ok. Would it be a bad idea to size tight in the waist when raw?

For reference, I did this with a pair of Oni Secret Denim. They shrunk to be ridiculously tight but now I consider them my best fitting pair. But Oni is supposed to be loose weave, will the Samurai's tighter weave make the stretching of the waist harder? Conversely, will the tighter weave also make it shrink less..?

Lastly, I will probably need hemming. And I haven't found any post-wash measurements. How much will the inseam shrink?

Any info on this particular fit or fabric would be much appreciated!

On 2017-05-09 at 5:40 AM, FreeCharlesManson said:

yes i really like it the hairiest denim I own, makes it nice and soft

What size are those S710XX? The waist measurements looks small, do you measure the jeans just laying them flat naturally or do you allign the front and back waistband?

Also, the inseam seems kind of short. Were these hemmed?

1 hour ago, Alese007 said:

What size are those S710XX? The waist measurements looks small, do you measure the jeans just laying them flat naturally or do you allign the front and back waistband?

Also, the inseam seems kind of short. Were these hemmed?

tag size 30 i measure Blue in Green method lay jeans flat naturally  measure across waistband then double. they were hemmed about 3cm. the waist has already stretched about 2/3 cm with minimal wear. if it matters i'm about 180cm 64kg

20170517_101100[1].jpg

20170517_101118[1].jpg