Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

@cottonskinblues:

Wow, I can't stop watching your hardest core faded jeans reflecting the full power of natural denim evolution at its best. 

Keep them alive for ever!!!! 

@cottonskinblues

amazing fading!

how do you keep them from disintegrating?

they look awesome -are they retired now?

13 hours ago, Mojique said:

@cottonskinblues

amazing fading!

how do you keep them from disintegrating?

they look awesome -are they retired now?

@Mojique
They are disintegrating, each wear brings new tears, I try to wash often to prevent further disintegrating. They are long retired. About 1 year of solid wear.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 5:22 AM, Max Power said:

Two  old pairs I didn't post in a while: 500OG, 16 oz organic denim & 5000VX 21 oz. The OG denim faded really nice, too bad that all the models ran pretty small in size. The 21 oz has super high contrast, not what I like these days anymore.

Is it usual for the VX 21oz fabric to have such high contrast fades?  Or is that just relative to other Samurai fabrics?  

Some sizing help please for the s0500xx

I'm a size 36 in most straight leg fitting jeans. Of course, there are exceptions. Flathead 3009 36 does most certainly not work. I'd be a 38 in that jean (though the waist would need to be contained after stretch). Sugarcane 36 in 47, Oki, and Hawaii work, as does a 36 in FH 3005, and Eternal 884 in 36, so does the 811 in 36 except for the mid thigh to knee area (too tight). SDA 103 in 36 would be too tight.

I'm looking for (post wash and post-stretched out):

waist: 17.5" - 18"; front rise 11" - 11.5; upper thigh: 13.5" - 14".

Leg opening and back rise I'm assuming will work on the 500 so they don't matter (as long as the back rise is 15" - 15.5" and up).

I'm sure I'd be either 35 or 36. I'm not opposed to taking in the waist if need be. 

Any advice? Or should I just focus on getting the 510 when the opportunity arises?

^I have a pair of sz 36 0500's and I don't think you'll be able to get a thigh that big. Also the Texas cotton stretches really easy. 

Here's some measurements of my pair that have been worn and washed (and currently stretch out) a ton

Waist: 18.5

FR: 11.5

RR: 16.25 (usually 15.5ish after a wash)

Thigh: 13.25

Edited by d-rew12

On 4/12/2017 at 7:01 PM, d-rew12 said:

^I have a pair of sz 36 0500's and I don't think you'll be able to get a thigh that big. Also the Texas cotton stretches really easy. 

Here's some measurements of my pair that have been worn and washed (and currently stretch out) a ton

Waist: 18.5

FR: 11.5

RR: 16.25 (usually 15.5ish after a wash)

Thigh: 13.25

can you post knee and hem measurements when you get a chance?

On 4/13/2017 at 10:06 PM, somatoform said:

Thanks d-rew. Those measurements give me some insight. I'll have to communicate with the seller for some more specific measurements.

No problem! 

On 4/13/2017 at 10:21 PM, 1fookntitefd said:

can you post knee and hem measurements when you get a chance?

Unfortunately I had mine tapered, from like 2" below the crotch so the knee and hem are smaller. The knee was around 9.5ish before taper. I also had them hemmed before I worm them too, but I think if you look back far enough I posted the original post wash measurements. Hem was probably like 8.75-9 pre hem.

Edit: found the old measurements and they knee was 9.875 and hem was 9"

Edited by d-rew12

9 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Don't know if this has been asked already but does Blue in Green still carry Samurai Jeans? I went to their website last night and it looks like they only sell chinos and belts now...

I think they have a ton of stock that are not listed online. I would shoot them an email to see if you can still buy Sammies online or just drop by the store if you live near Soho

^^ Really impressing denim evolution results seen here. Congrats and keep them alive for ever joe_poww 

Making a little progress with these Samurai x Denimio 19oz 710s from July 2016. First pair of Samurai. Love the solid construction, weight and fading despite only weekend and holiday wear in rotation with a few other favourites. Gave them a quick soak before wear and intend to keep going until at least July before washing. Looking forward to the fades to come having seen the stellar pairs that make it on here!

+ By Schmidt, Iron Heart x 2, Converse

20170408_182150.jpg

20170408_182142.jpg

20170423_193043_001.jpg

20170423_193206.jpg

Edited by MJF9

14 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I guess his pair is part of the Denimio Samurai vs Oni battle

Yes they're a battle pair. Black arcs. Bronze top button. White tab with three blue dashes on the coin pocket. Think that was about it for differences from memory. 

10 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

Nogami-San will be @DC4 in Berlin this Saturday (14.00-22.00) - see you...

I'm happy to be there as well.

See you soon there!!!

Impressing denim evo seen here Slowitchu!!!!!