Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

10 hours ago, JDelage said:

All - do you think it is possible to remove a chest pocket from a one-wash Samurai chambray shirt without living a trace? Talking specifically about removing the left pocket (and button) on this:

sj-sby13-l-grn-04.JPG

I would guess that after removing the pocket fabric patch you will have a spot in a different shade - especially, considering the shirt is already washed.

also, there are a couple of bartacks - those will be hard to remove and often leave holes.

8 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

I would guess that after removing the pocket fabric patch you will have a spot in a different shade - especially, considering the shirt is already washed.

also, there are a couple of bartacks - those will be hard to remove and often leave holes.

Thanks. I love the color, but this is a fugly pocket...

Great update Flo Max Power

Yea i'm also not completely happy with the 710 fit. I'm gonna give mine a machine wash end of Feb and see if i change my mind, but most likely I will be looking for new heavyweight black jeans with a better fit for me

15 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Pics of my 710. Worn for 2 years. 7 washes so far. I wish these fit me better otherwise I would still be wearing them...

Great denim evolution seen here!!!!!!!!

19 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Pics of my 710. Worn for 2 years. 7 washes so far. I wish these fit me better otherwise I would still be wearing them...

14 hours ago, Niro said:

Yea i'm also not completely happy with the 710 fit. I'm gonna give mine a machine wash end of Feb and see if i change my mind, but most likely I will be looking for new heavyweight black jeans with a better fit for me

@1fookntitefd, @Niro - what do you guys not like about the fit of the 710's? 

^ I think that they were too baggy for me especially for a "slim tapered" jean. But then again, I think I simply sized wrong. I usually wear a tag size 36 for all of my raw denim (IH, strike gold ,etc...) so I bought a pair of size 36 for my 710xx. I did not bother paying attention to pre-soak measurements since this was one of my first pairs of raw denim so I am chalking it up to a beginner error and have since learned my lesson. In retrospect I could have gotten away with a size 35 or even a 34 and it may have fit better. As it is, I ended up getting my pair tapered at railcar... 

My BKB and DMO 710s were size 35 and 36 opposed to 34 in the 710 XX. I gained some weight but also the waists ran smaller on the last releases. Unfortunaately thii ruined the slim silhouette - both pairs fit like a regular fit. Even though the 710 never was considered super slim I feel like that might be the problem here. Maybe the 711 would work bettere.

9 hours ago, mpukas said:

@1fookntitefd, @Niro - what do you guys not like about the fit of the 710's? 

It's supposed to be tapered but there's just so much extra material in lower leg. I did give the legs an extra hot soak, but didn't really shrink it that much further.

i wear it in winter with thick shirts and bulky jacket, so the look fits ok, but just doesn't feel right for me. 

16 hours ago, karanimal said:

Samurai 710zz @ 8 Months for the Denimio contest 

3 hand washes, 1 machine wash 

9Yi5jIN.jpg

Half assed the crotch repair. Too much good competition to let these go for a month for repairs 

Congrats to this superb denim evolution results!!!!!!!!

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

On 2/16/2017 at 0:27 AM, Max Power said:

My BKB and DMO 710s were size 35 and 36 opposed to 34 in the 710 XX. I gained some weight but also the waists ran smaller on the last releases. Unfortunaately thii ruined the slim silhouette - both pairs fit like a regular fit. Even though the 710 never was considered super slim I feel like that might be the problem here. Maybe the 711 would work bettere.

My memory from looking at Samurai fits was that the 711 was tighter through the top block as well as tapering more below the knee compared to the 710. Is that correct? I also sized up in the 710 compared to my normal fit, and have definitely found them feeling closer to a classic straight-leg fit than I typically wear.

For the other guys looking at black jeans that might work like the Samurai 710 but with a bit more taper below the knee (without going to the super-tight ankle that's become more fashionable nowadays), it might be worth taking a look at some of the double-black options that Momotaro / Japan Blue have been putting out. Their natural tapered fit is pretty good if you go TTS at having a similar top block to the 710 with a slightly cleaner look from the knee down. Also the Charles Atlas fit from Left Field is available in the 18oz Collect Mills double-black if you want something heavier. Nothing that I've seen can really match the faster fading or texture of Samurai's black denim though.

Hey guys I have been following this thread for a while now and I was wondering (and sorry in advance) if y'all could help me out? I am looking at getting a pair of Samurais (Samurai Jeans S711VX Zero 17oz Tight Straight) and I don't want to mess it up on account of the price point. I was thinking about getting a 33/34 but I am not sure about how it stretches out after wash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

PS I wear a size 34 in almost all Levi's 511's!