Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Guys, I am planning to order S5000VX, need some help to get the size right. I intend to cold machine wash and line dry every month after the initial hot soak.

I need to have my waist settle down between 35.5'' to 36'' ultimately after all the shrinkage and stretching is out the way. Tag 34 seem to come with a 35 inches( as per denimio), do you think if I order Tag 34 it will ultimately settle down close to 36 inches ?

On 1/26/2017 at 0:30 AM, pdxvegan said:

Does Blue in Green still sell Samurai jeans? They don't seem to be listed on the website.  I emailed them a while back and never heard back from them.

I haven't heard anything other than a few comments I've seen posted here, but BiG's pages of their classic brands are seriously reduced except for warehouse and oni. I bought a pair of limited edition pair 710s in November for full price and now there is nothing there. I'm all for supporting BiG and was fine paying full price, but feel like a bit of a fool now that I see they basically aren't supporting the brand online anymore. Maybe it's a different story in store. 

On 1/26/2017 at 0:30 AM, pdxvegan said:

Does Blue in Green still sell Samurai jeans? They don't seem to be listed on the website.  I emailed them a while back and never heard back from them.

I haven't heard anything other than a few comments I've seen posted here, but BiG's pages of their classic brands are seriously reduced except for warehouse and oni. I bought a pair of limited edition pair 710s in November for full price and now there is nothing there. I'm all for supporting BiG and was fine paying full price, but feel like a bit of a fool now that I see they basically aren't supporting the brand online anymore. Maybe it's a different story in store. 

On 1/28/2017 at 11:38 PM, Quoise1203 said:

You're going to have to thank Levi's for that. Until that latest lawsuit is settled, you're only going to only see brands without red tabs and arcuates online. If you're interested on following the case, its all on public record in the San Francisco courts.

3 hours ago, coleslawyum said:

You're going to have to thank Levi's for that. Until that latest lawsuit is settled, you're only going to only see brands without red tabs and arcuates online. If you're interested on following the case, its all on public record in the San Francisco courts.

I was wondering if that was the reason

Great looking jeans Brownmetallic!!

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Those look great BrownMetallic! I've had my S710s since 2012 and haven't had to do much repair, just fixing some broken stitches on the back pockets. For 100% cotton jeans I've been very impressed by how sturdy the stitching is. Granted, I haven't worn mine for nearly as long (just about seven months of wear) as yours.

@^^  @^^^  @^^^^ Thanx peeps!

These Lot9s were actually my 2nd pair. 1st pair was a Lot10 W33, w/c unfortunately, were undercut & ran shrink-from-tagged, post wash :(

'Got rid of them & tried to su1, but BiG soldout on Lot10 W34, so I took  Lot9, instead ... 'long story short, Lot9 dint have any of that [sizing issue],  the W34 ended a bit loose post wash.  

Anyway, 'kept them__ wore them low w/a belt ... wore them hard&frequent for 7mos.  

1st to give was the crotch stitching, then the front pockets, & then the back pockets. & button holes.  More recently,  the chainstitching along the waistband & hems has kept my sewing skillz up ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

Wow what a heavy weight beast Jambol

All - do you think it is possible to remove a chest pocket from a one-wash Samurai chambray shirt without living a trace? Talking specifically about removing the left pocket (and button) on this:

sj-sby13-l-grn-04.JPG

Edited by JDelage

Rock them hardcore for ever!!